Evadale @ Deweyville, predictions

[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="1043943" timestamp="1314633789"]
I will pull for Evadale every week but this one.  I'm sticking to what I've been saying that the Rebs are down from past seasons and it will show this week.

Pirates  35
Rebels  12
[/quote]

Gorilla you are a fine Rebel supporter every week but this one, thanks for that I hope hope this is a great game that prepares both our teams for successful seasons. I will of course stick with my prediction, cause thats what its all about!

[quote name="utfan06" post="1044698" timestamp="1314714780"]
[quote author=dascoon08 link=topic=87358.msg1044695#msg1044695 date=1314714626]
what does dville have this year that makes them stand out enough to beat evadale by 3 td's or more. oh yeah, evadale by 14.
[/quote]

Its prolly more of what Evadale doesn't have this year...
[/quote]
so you are making an assumption. well since you are i am too, heres mine. I think deweyville is down they might have 2 or 3 skill position guys that are playmakers but i dont believe they have enough team effort to match the rebels. This game is strictly up to evadale if they want to win it or not, if they execute as a team like normal then everything will fall in place and a win will be certain.

Not smack, Just an opinion. Deweyville would help themselves big time if they would toughen up their pre-district schedule a little. By time district rolls around, you can develop bad habits on technique and angles and such because you are just physically better than your pre-district foes. Then when district starts, you find the game is faster and the other teams players are bigger and quicker and what you have done in pre-district doesn't work. Again, please don't take this wrong, it is just an opinion , not smack talk.

[quote name="oldollie" post="1044710" timestamp="1314715454"]
Not smack, Just an opinion. Deweyville would help themselves big time if they would toughen up their pre-district schedule a little. By time district rolls around, you can develop bad habits on technique and angles and such because you are just physically better than your pre-district foes. Then when district starts, you find the game is faster and the other teams players are bigger and quicker and what you have done in pre-district doesn't work. Again, please don't take this wrong, it is just an opinion , not smack talk.
[/quote]
I don't think you will find many that disagree with you on the pre-district schedule, next year it appears from the early numbers that Deweyville will fall to 1a and with realignment comes new pre-district scheduling.  Hopefully we will be able to schedule a few different opponents.

[quote name="dascoon08" post="1044695" timestamp="1314714626"]
what does dville have this year that makes them stand out enough to beat evadale by 3 td's or more. oh yeah, evadale by 14.
[/quote]

Child Please! Have you seen both teams play? Not just yours but both. Hope you can see them both play Friday, just Might answer the question you asked.

[/quote] I dont know who Deweyville has left on there pre-distric schedule. but as far as playing Evadale they have play the last 3 yrs and lost all 3 times. So why would they wont to play anyone any better. And Evadale has been the best 1a team in area for the last 3 yrs. With all that said I think that Evadale will have a tuff time beating Deweyville this yr. Evadale won a close game last yr by 1 with a much bigger and experance team than the one they have this yr.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1044921" timestamp="1314728037"]
[quote author=oldollie link=topic=87358.msg1044710#msg1044710 date=1314715454]
[/quote] I dont know who Deweyville has left on there pre-distric schedule. but as far as playing Evadale they have play the last 3 yrs and lost all 3 times. So why would they wont to play anyone any better. And Evadale has been the best 1a team in area for the last 3 yrs. With all that said I think that Evadale will have a tuff time beating Deweyville this yr. Evadale won a close game last yr by 1 with a much bigger and experance team than the one they have this yr.
[/quote]
I believe they have only won the last 2 years with last year being by 1 pt.

Just because you lose to  Evadale doesn't mean they prepare you for playing in a 2a district. It just means they are better than you. The purpose of my post was meant to say D'Ville needs to play teams that will prepare them for the size and speed they will play against in district, if the plan on competing in district. It was not a knock on Evadale or anyone they play.

[/quote]amen pirates need a schedule upgrade

Guest Pirate60
thanks SA best of luck to yall as well.. lookin forward to playinn yall this year! and as for the predictions thanks everyone stay safe and play some good ball!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder