WO-S Mustangs vs Friendswood

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="speveto" post="1046773" timestamp="1314978887"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=87292.msg1046756#msg1046756 date=1314978070]
depends on the offense we choose to run and if we decide to play to our strengths. also, if we do get a lead lets latch on to their throats and put the game away like the old wos use to instead of just playing to survive. 

this seems to be a new breed of mustang football and i hope the killer instinct comes back very soon! 

jmo
[/quote]This  is what has been missing for a few years now. WO-S no-longer  play "MUSTANG FOOTBALL".
[/quote]
Looks like Speveto is ready to jump ship to Silsbee! :D

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1046842" timestamp="1314981606"]
We lose a game by 1 point and some of our fans start coming undone... You know, Ned came back on us in the 4th qtr in 2003 as well. It does not mean the walls are coming down.
[/quote]

this fan, for one, doesnt think the walls are coming down but i do have a few concerns... its not because we lost or how much we lost by but instead how we lost.

[quote name="venom33" post="1047036" timestamp="1314990828"]
this fan, for one, doesnt think the walls are coming down but i do have a few concerns... its not because we lost or how much we lost by but instead how we lost.
[/quote]
As for HOW we lost...I think that had more to do with our offense in the second half than any defensive letdown.  JT is no longer with us, I know, and he could have made a difference by himself on defending some completions by Nederland.  But, the offense made too many unforced errors - mainly with bad snaps and procedure penalties.  That kept us from moving the chains and scoring more points in the third and forth quarters.  We got out of sync.  That will be corrected in time.  Eventually, our players will have run this new offense so much in practice and games that their confidence and execution will become easier.  Right now, that's what they need most...repetition.  They'll get there.  We've got to be patient about this.   

[quote name="griff" post="1047176" timestamp="1314996535"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=87292.msg1047036#msg1047036 date=1314990828]
[/quote]
As for HOW we lost...I think that had more to do with our offense in the second half than any defensive letdown.  JT is no longer with us, I know, and he could have made a difference by himself on defending some completions by Nederland.  But, the offense made too many unforced errors - mainly with bad snaps and procedure penalties.  That kept us from moving the chains and scoring more points in the third and forth quarters.  We got out of sync.  That will be corrected in time.  Eventually, our players will have run this new offense so much in practice and games that their confidence and execution will become easier.  Right now, that's what they need most...repetition.  They'll get there.  We've got to be patient about this. 
[/quote]Agreed!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn