Warren vs. West Hardin Game Thread/West Hardin wins!

[quote name="Hillister" post="1043371" timestamp="1314558416"]
Not sure about Kevin Barbay.  It seems that he was hired based on his last name and not on coaching ability.  Would bet that Warren will have another bad season and Kevin will be moving on down the road.
[/quote]

That is an amazing last name he has .. give him time !!!

[quote name="Hillister" post="1043371" timestamp="1314558416"]
Not sure about Kevin Barbay.  It seems that he was hired based on his last name and not on coaching ability.  Would bet that Warren will have another bad season and Kevin will be moving on down the road.
[/quote]
Hillister by posting a statement such as thais you show your utter and complete stupidity when it comes to highschool football. Turning a program around that has suffered a few losing seasons in a row is not an easy task. It takes a coaching staff, the players, the students, the teachers, and the community working together to get this done. The first thing that has to change is the attitude from and about this team. It does not happen over night, but it is happening in Warren. But I guess you did not get the memo about the attitude change. Warren is still a very young team with Sophomores and Juniors making up the Majority of the starting lineup. There will be some growing pains when you have such a young team. One week they will play great and another week they will have some serious meltdowns, but that is all part of it. I would ask if you have ever had a job where you were evaluated by what a group of 15-18 year olds did, but I already know the answer to that. If you had, you would never have made the comment. The scale you would have to measure Coach Barbay and his staff by would have to be how much better this team is than last years team, and I would say they have done a good job. 

It takes time to put in a program and to change attitudes...I think the future is bright especially with the youth program that got kicked off about 4 years ago..The district continues to gain attendance which will help with the numbers and a coaching staff with enthusiasm is refreshing as well.. just be patient and it'll come...the only issue I have is the condition of the stadium...our fans deserve better accommodations than what we currently have...hopefully that's on the to do list...Go Warriors!

I don't think you can place any blame on Coach Barbay, he's is starting from scratch trying to build a program in an extremely tough district.There isn't a lot of history in the Warren football program an it won't be turned around over night.I wouldn't get overly excited about a youth program, the program will be built up in the off season if it is turned around.

[quote name="whsalum" post="1046513" timestamp="1314934927"]
I don't think you can place any blame on Coach Barbay, he's is starting from scratch trying to build a program in an extremely tough district.There isn't a lot of history in the Warren football program an it won't be turned around over night.I wouldn't get overly excited about a youth program, the program will be built up in the off season if it is turned around.
[/quote] I agree with everything but the youth program...it can only help the program as kids are taught fundamentals early on so that the 7th grade coaches don't spend the first month teaching kids how to put pads on or explaining what a linebacker is...it also gives kids a chance to see if football is for them or not before they get to junior high...

[quote name="88Warrior" post="1046576" timestamp="1314967637"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=87230.msg1046513#msg1046513 date=1314934927]
[/quote] I agree with everything but the youth program...it can only help the program as kids are taught fundamentals early on so that the 7th grade coaches don't spend the first month teaching kids how to put pads on or explaining what a linebacker is...it also gives kids a chance to see if football is for them or not before they get to junior high...
[/quote]
I agree Warrior, youth programs give the kids a jump start on the basics.

Football is the one sport where the bigger, faster, stronger teams have a huge advantage every time out.The youth programs can get kids interested but thats about the extent of it.I'm not an advocate of lifting weights on game days in other sports but the teams that really work on their strenghth and size are the ones who are traitionally better on friday nights.

"Hillister"..... you are so quick to play the coach bashing game.  It is all too easy to say it is the coach's fault.  I agree with the other posts that say it takes time to build a program and if the kids are improving then that is all that matters.  Coach Barbay and his staff have worked harder than you could ever imagine to prepare for this football season.  The kids have been working hard since offseason began after football last year.  They deserve better than someone not "believing" in them.  It takes EVERYONE believing in a program to make it work!  Trust me....Coach Barbay wants to win a game probably worse than some of his players do!  However, he can teach them plays, work them out, prepare them mentally and physically, inspire them, motivate them and everything else that comes with being a coach.....but in the long run he cannot go out there and play the game for them.  He is doing his job and THAT is all that matters!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin