Nederland vs. WOS Prediction...

smitty

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smitty:

Let me try and save you a week's (and maybe season's) worth of posts:

WOS is too fast for us and the Defensive Coordinator won't make any adjustments to compensate for their speed.  He will be the cause for it if we lose this week and for a poor season if it happens. 

That should about cover it.  If I left anything out I am sure that you will grab the stick and start flogging that dead horse again soon.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Gasilla" post="1038428" timestamp="1313881055"]
I don't know what the injury situation is at WOS totally, but if we are all healthy, WOS does have good size between the tackles. As for the person who was doubting WOS speed, well, that's just humorous... ;) ;D
[/quote]
Well i'll just let the 2 40+ yard TD's speak for itself  ::)  ;D

Make adjustments.

[quote name="smitty" post="1038326" timestamp="1313873117"]
If Nederland couldn't cope with Dayton's speed, how are they  going to cope with WOS' speed?

[quote author=bulldawg64 link=topic=86947.msg1038305#msg1038305 date=1313869866]
hopefully its the [color=goldenrod]dogs[/color] turn this year
to come up with a win.
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1038330" timestamp="1313873412"]
'Stangs 35-14.
[/quote]

Just like Scooter, no surprise here. I don't see either team scoring 35 though. I think this will be a low scoring game. New coach/system at WOS against the best returning D (from last yr) in the area at Ned. Nederland usually comes up short against WO-S, but not this yr. Ned by 10. If they played later in the season, then I would give the edge to WO-S.

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="1038498" timestamp="1313890720"]
Ned 28 WOS 14..Dayton was a good test for us and even though it was only a scrimmage it could just have easily gone [b]Ned's way score wise[/b].  Bulldogs defense will be the difference.  After Bulldogs offense jells...they would win 35-14.
[/quote]

NAH startin RB on da side line. U think speed killed u imagine if the fastest player was on da field. NED D is solid and heard NED was missin one starter on D. The NED play callin is great and I like the way they control the clock. Gonna take NED in this one by 10 but if NED doesent do something about the kicking game might be in trouble givin good field position to a team like WOS.

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="1038433" timestamp="1313881622"]
Smitty:

WOS is too fast for us and the Defensive Coordinator won't make any adjustments to compensate for their speed.  He will be the cause for it if we lose this week and for a poor season if it happens. 

That should about cover it.  If I left anything out I am sure that you will grab the stick and start flogging that dead horse again soon.
[/quote]

Way to nail it on the head jive, but I have a feeling it won't be his last post about the DC...or OC...or HC...or whatever else in Jefferson County gets his goat.  ;D

I don't doubt that Nederland can win.  However, some of these scores that Nederland is going to put up seem a bit lofty (35, 28, etc).  It's been awhile since Nederland has put up that many points against the Mustangs.  Has the Nederland offense improved that much or has the WOS defense gotten worse?  I think we are looking at a lower scoring game.  I understand that WOS may face the injury bug on defense but I have to go with ther Mustangs 20 - 13.

I agree with a 20-14 score. The game could go either way. Ned's O is much improved. A lot more versatility. They play a ball control game, where most first downs will take 2-3 plays everytime. They will break an occassional big play against good teams, but it is all about clock management and marching down the field consistently.  Our D will have to show better this week. If we are going to play 3 safties they better be willing to come up quickly and often to help out with the LB's. Way too slow to respond against Dayton. Presently, I am most worried about our kicker. He did have lft knee (plant leg) issues in the off season and he really struggled last week. I hope he gets his confidence back before Friday. 

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1038584" timestamp="1313897469"]
I don't doubt that Nederland can win.  However, some of these scores that Nederland is going to put up seem a bit lofty (35, 28, etc).  It's been awhile since Nederland has put up that many points against the Mustangs.  Has the Nederland offense improved that much or has the WOS defense gotten worse?  I think we are looking at a lower scoring game.  I understand that WOS may face the injury bug on defense but I have to go with ther Mustangs 20 - 13.
[/quote]

I agree with the scoring. Gonna b a low scoring game w the new offense from WOS and a good Ned 'D'.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1038475" timestamp="1313887098"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=86947.msg1038330#msg1038330 date=1313873412]
'Stangs 35-14.
[/quote]
the best returning D (from last yr) in the area at Ned. [/quote]

WOS had 8 return from a defense that had 5 shut outs and gave up less than a TD a game... I think your statemet is a little off.

Sounds like you are kicking the dead horse.  I never mention anything about it.  I was curious about Nederland not coping with Dayton's speed (PA News quote).  If they can't do that, then can they cope with WOS'.  Would love to hear an honest opinion from you!
PS - But since you brought it up and not me, I'll reserve judgement until I see the product first.

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="1038433" timestamp="1313881622"]
Smitty:

[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="1038234" timestamp="1313861656"]
Just curious and trying to piece this together.  Did Nederland's size out weigh the speed of Dayton?  It appears that it did not.  So, are you saying, then, that WOS does not possess the speed of Dayton? 

[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=86947.msg1038227#msg1038227 date=1313861279]
Actually I think that Nederlands size will out weigh the speed of WOS this time but I could be wrong I was last season. I also believe this could be the best coaching that WOS will face this season, which brought out the coaching comment.
[/quote]
[/quote]
They don't posses the talent of Dayton or they wouldn't of lost 28-0 last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder