Hull-Daisetta vs Hardin moved to Thursday at 7pm. Who wins this heated rivalry?

In fact.  Name 1 since 2000 that has actually played somewhere.  I can name some from Hardin if you like.

Joey Nunan - Stephen F. Austin State University
Charles Bolds - Souwhestern Oklahoma State University
Brent Anderson - University of Texas Dallas
Cedric Reescano - Stephen F. Austin State University
Derrick Reescano - South Plains Junior College
John Stelley - Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Jordan Nolan - Milsaps College
Daniel Marsh - Blynn Junior College
Mitch Villamez - Blynn Junior College

That's just since 2000.  [b]And I may have missed somebody.[/b][/quote]

Not bad, there are three not listed that went on to play elsewhere but never stuck to it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[[/quote]No offense... but YALL are talking about Hardin winning playoff games and having awesome athletes. lol. H-D has had hundreds of awesome athletes that could have played for Eastern Dakota St. or where ever Stelly plays. Truth of the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St. There just is not that many of those kids out there, Stelly is one.
[/quote]
The key word is "could have".  I am sure you and your boys will continue to tell yourselfs that while your standing around the campfire telling old has been stories.  The fact of the matter is to play college football you must have talent, heart, and want.  If a kid does not have a combination of all three forget making it in college, just ask all the kids that are back after one year. 

I enjoy the history of Hull Daisetta football, and did not attend either school mentioned.  Just remember you don't have to downgrade anyone elses talent to bolster the Bobcats accomplishments.

I do not think there will be a big winner on Thursday because of the upcoming games for these two teams. Hardin will not show much because they play Liberty next week and H-D will not show alot for they play Kountze next week.  It should be a basic line up and run at you foootball scrimmage. The rivalry has been put on hold. Well........ maybe just for this year.

[quote name="BOBCAT@3D" post="1036551" timestamp="1313605443"]
55 you forgot Kam Holder, Jason Elder, Justin Fregia all went to McMurry in 2001. Dusty Evans could have went the next year to McMurry Univerisity but choose not to.    
[/quote] These players mentioned just proves my point even more. Truth of the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St or Western Daisetta St. There just is not that many of those kids out there. Those guys you mentioned were just average ball players with heart, one of the guys you mentioned didn't even start for H-D and still played college football. lol. Point proven again.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1036596" timestamp="1313611870"]
[quote author=BOBCAT@3D link=topic=86669.msg1036551#msg1036551 date=1313605443]
55 you forgot Kam Holder, Jason Elder, Justin Fregia all went to McMurry in 2001. Dusty Evans could have went the next year to McMurry Univerisity but choose not to.   
[/quote] These players mentioned just proves my point even more. Truth of the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St or Western Daisetta St. There just is not that many of those kids out there. Those guys you mentioned were just average ball players with heart, one of the guys you mentioned didn't even start for H-D and still played college football. lol. Point proven again.
[/quote]

You still haven't named 10 since 2000.  You said "hundreds"...  I could dig deeper into Hardin's history and find a few more myself.  I said recently.

Guest incognito123
It's interesting to sit here and read guys disect other guys accomplishments from a far.  When you start bringing up guys names from the past, or present, you are crossing a line we shouldn't cross.  No one should be bashing Stelley.  He is obviously doing really well in Oklahoma.  Just having your name on a draft board for one of 32 NFL teams is a great accomplishment.  I wish him luck and hope to see him play on Sunday's one day. 

Saying that people went to play college football after not even starting in high school is not very mature.  Grown people, and current players dont need to have to read that kind of stuff about themselves.  At some point, adults have to become adults and let stupid rivalries go and learn to appreciate players and the game.  The ones who can't are the guys sitting on the top row talking about the "good ol' day".  "I remember back in '93......"  Grow up.

You're absolutely right incognito 123.  In fact, the only reason I jumped in this conversation is because this guy ''HDbobcat55'' is degrading the hard work of a few by making comments like...''hundreds of bobcats could have''...or ''anybody could do it just live in the weightroom and make good grades''.  That's a load of crap because if they could play college ball...then they would.

Guest ECBucFan
In fact.  Name 1 since 2000 that has actually played somewhere.  I can name some from Hardin if you like.

Joey Nunan - Stephen F. Austin State University
Charles Bolds - Souwhestern Oklahoma State University
Brent Anderson - University of Texas Dallas
Cedric Reescano - Stephen F. Austin State University
Derrick Reescano - South Plains Junior College
John Stelley - Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Jordan Nolan - Milsaps College
Daniel Marsh - Blynn Junior College
Mitch Villamez - Blynn Junior College

That's just since 2000.  And I may have missed somebody.[/quote]

[quote name="uknowit2" post="1036404" timestamp="1313586873"]
"[i]but YALL are talking about Hardin winning playoff games "[/i]...Someone accidently put a 's' after game. Reasearch shows mighty [u]Hardin has only won 1 playoff game since football was invented and 1 district title[/u] (about 36 years ago).
[/quote]

I have to agree with that. Lists can be posted showing Hardin had a dozen or so players making some sort of college teams, but as far as [i]Hardin itself[/i] is concerned, year in and year out the Hardin whole is less than the sum of its parts, IMO. With all the listed players, just [u]one[/u] playoff win? Total? Period?  

Daisetta has only 1 playoff win since the might state champion team.  But I don't think that's what the thread is about.  Comment was made that a hardin kid playing at Dakota state or wherever was not a big deal. 

you know...EC doesn't just rack up playoff wins either.  Yeah yall won a couple last year..  maybe a couple when the Thomas kid played.  i don't remember any deep runs though.

[quote name="setxc" post="1036997" timestamp="1313692261"]
[b]Daisetta has only 1 playoff win since the might state champion team[/b].   But I don't think that's what the thread is about.  Comment was made that a hardin kid playing at Dakota state or wherever was not a big deal. 
you know...EC doesn't just rack up playoff wins either.  Yeah yall won a couple last year..  maybe a couple when the Thomas kid played.  i don't remember any deep runs though.
[/quote]
That's not true. They've had more than that, but playoff wins have been far and few between in the last 25 years at HD. It didn't help that HD played teams like Groveton, Alto and Grapeland in the first round year in and year out. I want to say that 8 out of 11 playoff years from the mid 80's to late 90's, HD played a state champion, finalist or semifinalist in the first round. I have been disappointed with HD's playoff performances since dropping down to 1A, but here came those same playoff powerhouses down with us.

As far as kids getting into college on heart, grades and work ethic, there's some definite truth to that. Now is a kid going to go out and performing like John Stelly,no, that's not going to happen without extreme athletic talent. Kuddos to that kid and what he's accomplished. HD has had players that could have played at various levels of college football that did not make it for different reasons. Grades, work ethic, toughness, guidence, and off-field issues, and lack of exposure to name a few. An above average high school player in our area (ie. all-district performer etc) can make a team at a NAIA/DIII program. Most of those kids don't have the talent to contribute and be stars, but some develop later and get into a college strength and conditioning program and excel later on.

It's just like any level of the sport or any sport for that matter. The difference between NFL stars and NFL backups is a slight amount of talent and work ethic (in most cases). The difference between college starters and NFL regulars is the same. That goes all the way down to the lower level college programs. Kids with good direction and guidence, tremendous work ethic, good grades, and a decent amount of talent can play college football. As a former player with the grades and athletic ability to start and play on a DII level school, I didnt' have the work ethic or the want-to to get there. Just like many others from all the schools in our area, I didn't have my head on right when I was 17-18years old.

[quote name="Dwack" post="1036512" timestamp="1313601681"]
[[/quote]No offense... but YALL are talking about Hardin winning playoff games and having awesome athletes. lol. H-D has had hundreds of awesome athletes that could have played for Eastern Dakota St. or where ever Stelly plays. Truth of the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St. There just is not that many of those kids out there, Stelly is one. Good post
[/quote]
The key word is "could have".  I am sure you and your boys will continue to tell yourselfs that while your standing around the campfire telling old has been stories.  The fact of the matter is to play college football you must have talent, heart, and want.  If a kid does not have a combination of all three forget making it in college, just ask all the kids that are back after one year. 

I enjoy the history of Hull Daisetta football, and did not attend either school mentioned.  Just remember you don't have to downgrade anyone elses talent to bolster the Bobcats accomplishments.
[/quote]

[quote name="BACK IN THE DAY" post="1037178" timestamp="1313705546"]
[quote author=Dwack link=topic=86669.msg1036512#msg1036512 date=1313601681]
[[/quote]No offense... but YALL are talking about Hardin winning playoff games and having awesome athletes. lol. H-D has had hundreds of awesome athletes that could have played for Eastern Dakota St. or where ever Stelly plays. Truth HD HAD SOME STUDS IN THE 80'Sof the matter is, if you make good grades and are a serious worker in the weight room, you can play college football. Maybe not D-1, but you can play at an Eastern Alaska St. There just is not that many of those kids out there, Stelly is one. Good post
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="setxc" post="1036997" timestamp="1313692261"]
Daisetta has only 1 playoff win since the might state champion team.   But I don't think that's what the thread is about.  Comment was made that a hardin kid playing at Dakota state or wherever was not a big deal.  

you know...EC doesn't just rack up playoff wins either.  Yeah yall won a couple last year..  maybe a couple when the Thomas kid played.  i don't remember any deep runs though.
[/quote]

16 or 17 years straight in the playoffs, many times got to 2nd round, past two seasons 3rd round.  8)  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor