Warren at Evadale Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

May not be a good sign for the Rebels.Warren is still pretty young across the board.The young coach seems to have the FOOTBALL program heading in the right direction but there are some really solid clubs in that district.

I just wish the basketball program hadn't been completely abandonded.

I think we need to give the Rebels at least a little time to get things worked out. Remember that we had an aweful lot of players that were starters for three years, but we did not go undefeated their first year starting either. I am certain that this group will gel and we will see success on the field by the Rebels once again this year.

We are very used to high expectations in Evadale and I know this years team will do all that they can to carry the tradition on into the future. We have had one scrimmage don't you believe that it is a little early to be writing their obit.

Last years basketball team had a 500 record heading into district and things worked out fine for them. Lets give the 2011 Rebels some support they will have plenty of teams that will be gunning for them starting in a couple of weeks.

[quote name="whsalum" post="1035467" timestamp="1313356511"]
May not be a good sign for the Rebels.Warren is still pretty young across the board.The young coach seems to have the FOOTBALL program heading in the right direction but there are some really solid clubs in that district.

[/quote]

Warren is a young team but has a lot of varsity experience in Perfect, Gray, Murray, and Lambright.... Coach Kevin Barbay has done well by all the athletic programs in Warren, baseball made the playoffs, tennis did really well and BASKETBALL won more district games last year than they had in a long time. Coach Barbay is a football guy by all means but he HAS NOT abandoned ANY program at Warren, he is a big help at turning the Warriors around.

The Rebs will be OK this year I think in large because their schedule is kinda weak and I know, they only play who lines up against them.  But, they have some work to do to stack up to the Rebel expectations set from the past 3-4 years.  I for one think this whole "big and small" 1A/2A is a joke, especially in 1A.  149 and under is small and 150 to 199 is big?  ??? ??? (silly)  But that's a whole different topic.  Now don't start hating on me Yeller, I'm a [b]BIG[/b] Evadale fan!  I make a couple games a year and have some real good friends there.  I wish them the best except for when we face each other. 

[quote name="FBfan" post="1035994" timestamp="1313477056"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=86643.msg1035467#msg1035467 date=1313356511]

[/quote]

Warren is a young team but has a lot of varsity experience in Perfect, Gray, Murray, and Lambright.... Coach Kevin Barbay has done well by all the athletic programs in Warren, baseball made the playoffs, tennis did really well and BASKETBALL won more district games last year than they had in a long time. Coach Barbay is a football guy by all means but he HAS NOT abandoned ANY program at Warren, he is a big help at turning the Warriors around.
[/quote]I know the kids well that you mentioned and they did get some valuable experience last year and will be much improved this year.They are some pretty talented guys in the junior class.I think the baseball club will be in the hunt for a district title this coming season.The tennis team at Warren has been pretty good at Warren for several years with teams in the state tournament as recently as 2 years ago.I think Coach Barbay will do a great job as AD but you may want to do a little research on the basketball program.I believe they were 1-11 in district last year.They are coached by the defensive secondary coach and I didn't see them playing anywhere this summer.Maybe abandoned the program is the wrong wording but I haven't seen any emphasis on the basketball program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder