Joe Sigler named as next Silsbee Head Basketball Coach

Not a Waltrip alum, but during that time I lived in the Greater Houston Area and followed that situation.  ;)  The Falu kid was a great talent, just misguided by some bad people at that time from what I gathered.  He should have just come out in 98 like he was supposed to and his journey would not have been so long. He was also involved in a recruiting scandal when he played at Alabama, and ended up transferring to Vanderbilt. He could have been a pro, IMO, just had too many things happen to him in his school days, I think.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044952" timestamp="1314729676"]
[b]Not a Waltrip alum[/b], but during that time I lived in the Greater Houston Area and followed that situation.  ;)  The Falu kid was a great talent, just misguided by some bad people at that time from what I gathered.  He should have just come out in 98 like he was supposed to and his journey would not have been so long. He was also involved in a recruiting scandal when he played at Alabama, and ended up transferring to Vanderbilt. He could have been a pro, IMO, just had too many things happen to him in his school days, I think.
[/quote]

Madison High!!!!

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1045003" timestamp="1314732407"]
What would make you think that I "possibly" have a coaching background? Does what run in the family? coaching?
[/quote]

"Coach Speak"!!

Do the letters "LNHS" mean anything to you? Or maybe LUPA? Or AHS? Or KHS? Or WHHS? Or OHS? ;D

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1045014" timestamp="1314733000"]
No. Not at all. Why would they? I don't understand?  ???
[/quote]

The thing is, I have been so nice today, really do not want to ruin the mood.

But, if you insist on me answering your question in this open forum, I shall do it with pleasure (and some bells and whistles to go with it ;)). Otherwise, I will answer it via pm if you like.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1045021" timestamp="1314733384"]
[quote author=Jay Bilas link=topic=86439.msg1045014#msg1045014 date=1314733000]
No. Not at all. Why would they? I don't understand?  ???
[/quote]

The thing is, I have been so nice today, really do not want to ruin the mood.

But, if you insist on me answering your question in this open forum, I shall do it with pleasure (and some bells and whistles to go with it ;)). Otherwise, I will answer it via pm if you like.
[/quote]
I say do it for all to know!!!

Watrip had 3 allstate team members that year. Cedric Taylor, Falu, and Field Williams.

1998  4A Allstate 1st Team

1. Emmanuel McElroy    PA Lincoln (Cincinnati)
2. Cedric Taylor    Waltrip juco
3. Chris Anderson Highland Park ( San Diego Padres)
4. Thad Holden Silsbee (Tennesse)
5. Field Williams Waltrip ( Cincinnati)

2nd Team
Lewis Airline Silsbee (LU)
Antonio Falu

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw