Nederland AD hires new basketball assistant coach

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1033947" timestamp="1313104310"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=86369.msg1033906#msg1033906 date=1313096968]
The best thing that could have be done is to give the position to Coach Smith so the school board wouldn't have to worry about this problem for a good while! Coach English is a great coach, but this "molding" business being brought up is ridiculous.. The whole point is, the Nederland basketball faithful and upcoming parents of future players want to see coaches with their kids that enjoy basketball, not some football coach being told he has to because of budget issues.. Anyone close to the program can see that English is putting too much extra work into the under levels, that could be used for his varsity team.. The two sport coaching Mosley said about Robbins is a different story.. He is a coach who enjoys both sports and has a passion for it.. The basketball people in Nederland are tired of getting coaches for basketball that could care less about it, which is what happens EVERY TIME..

[b]Last thing I'm going to say...Back-to-back district champs.. Start treating them like it[/b][/quote]

Beautiful!!!!
[/quote]

When they start drawing 6,000 people for home games and go to the playoffs 14 out of 15 years, let's talk.

;D

It is quite obvious that some people posting in this forum either hate or have a disinterest in football. That is all great but it has gone over into some extreme jealousy to the point of name calling and questioning a person's intent and whining. It's all fair game in a sports forum but my goodness this is an active bunch.

I hope that Nederland goes on a streak that all UIL sanctioned sports and academic teams each win district for the next 10 years. I will and do support them all.

..... but the football team will still have the biggest budget and the most support.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jacobmccandles
Seems a lot of people are talking for coach smith.  If he is unhappy, I'm sure he would just leave.  Life is too short to stay at a job you dislike.

The best thing that could have be done is to give the position to Coach Smith so the school board wouldn't have to worry about this problem for a good while! Coach English is a great coach, but this "molding" business being brought up is ridiculous.. The whole point is, the Nederland basketball faithful and upcoming parents of future players want to see coaches with their kids that enjoy basketball, not some football coach being told he has to because of budget issues.. Anyone close to the program can see that English is putting too much extra work into the under levels, that could be used for his varsity team.. [b]The two sport coaching Mosley said about Robbins is a different story.. He is a coach who enjoys both sports and has a passion for it.. [/b] The basketball people in Nederland are tired of getting coaches for basketball that could care less about it, which is what happens EVERY TIME..

Who said that Walker doesnt have passion for it? who said Walker didnt want to coach basketball? Walker is a great coach and will not only teach our kids basketball but inspire them to become better athletes.

[quote name="abear2011" post="1033979" timestamp="1313110750"]
The best thing that could have be done is to give the position to Coach Smith so the school board wouldn't have to worry about this problem for a good while! Coach English is a great coach, but this "molding" business being brought up is ridiculous.. The whole point is, the Nederland basketball faithful and upcoming parents of future players want to see coaches with their kids that enjoy basketball, not some football coach being told he has to because of budget issues.. Anyone close to the program can see that English is putting too much extra work into the under levels, that could be used for his varsity team.. [b]The two sport coaching Mosley said about Robbins is a different story.. He is a coach who enjoys both sports and has a passion for it.. [/b] The basketball people in Nederland are tired of getting coaches for basketball that could care less about it, which is what happens EVERY TIME..

Who said that Walker doesnt have passion for it? who said Walker didnt want to coach basketball? Walker is a great coach and will not only teach our kids basketball but inspire them to become better athletes.
[/quote]

I also said in a different post that he may just be the guy that fits right in, but why not get somebody who is eager for the job and people in the community, as well as Coach E, know will do great?

[quote name="bulldog81" post="1033937" timestamp="1313102027"]
To Mmosley07,
In an earlier post, you stated [b]"If we go back a bit and ask the School Board members you'll find that Coach Neumann and Coach English approached the board to get split block scheduling for boys and girls basketball so that they could meet everyday."[/b]

Coach Neumann was deadset against the everyday basketball class. It was only approved when the school board went against his wishes and forced it to happen.
[/quote]

This is absolutely 100% false. Coach Neumann suggested both boys and girls have split block scheduling. If you have an opinion that's fine but spewing absolute crap solves nothing.

I don't know if Smith is happy or not, but I do know that he WANTS to be here in Nederland. He doesn't want to pack his bags and move to another town. From what i know, he wants to stay here and coach with English.

I don't think many of us know Walker very well. We r not questioning his care for the kids or passion.
He will be coaching football through (at least) mid November, and possibly into December some years. With that said, who is going to coach these kids when basketball practice starts in October and November? Then he's going to be thrown into a game not knowing the kids or the offense, or anything. So English will probably have to take over those duties until he can get up and running. That's asking a lot from English. He is already burning the mid-night oil. Every kid throughout the entire program will be affected by this.

[quote name="Mmosley07" post="1033985" timestamp="1313111749"]
[quote author=bulldog81 link=topic=86369.msg1033937#msg1033937 date=1313102027]
To Mmosley07,
In an earlier post, you stated [b]"If we go back a bit and ask the School Board members you'll find that Coach Neumann and Coach English approached the board to get split block scheduling for boys and girls basketball so that they could meet everyday."[/b]

Coach Neumann was deadset against the everyday basketball class. It was only approved when the school board went against his wishes and forced it to happen.
[/quote]

This is absolutely 100% false. Coach Neumann suggested both boys and girls have split block scheduling. If
you have an opinion that's fine but spewing absolute crap solves nothing.
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D :D
You are truly delusional young man. That is exactly what happened.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1033942" timestamp="1313103978"]
Man Mmosley, this thread was about dead a couple of days ago but you have lit it up!!!!! Thanks  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I wouldn't of gotten into this thread had it been rational people asking questions.

If Neumann truly does not care about other sports like you all claim then why would he care where Smith went on the basketball team?? The answer is easy. It would not had fulfilled the district's entire needs therefore Walker got the job. And don't give me the Walker helps football story. That would be completely false.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1033990" timestamp="1313112084"]

[/quote]

Delusional? Really? Where you there? If anyone is delusional its you and your opinion that Neumann is envious of English and wishes to sabotage his success. What a joke.

Is it? Yes, I was there, and I know you weren't.

[quote name="Mmosley07" post="1033993" timestamp="1313112374"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=86369.msg1033990#msg1033990 date=1313112084]

[/quote]

Delusional? Really? Where you there? If anyone is delusional its you and your opinion that Neumann is envious of English and wishes to sabotage his success. What a joke.
[/quote]

[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=86369.msg1033990#msg1033990 date=1313112084]

[/quote]

Delusional? Really? Where you there? If anyone is delusional its you and your [b]opinion that Neumann is envious of English and wishes to sabotage his success.[/b] What a joke.
[/quote]

I find that very hard to believe myself.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont think anybody truly thinks Neumann is out to sabotage the basketball program, but there is room to question whether or not he is making decisions that positively affect basketball first, then a different sport and so-on.. How about hire a basketball coach, who can also do another sport?

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1033999" timestamp="1313112780"]

I dont think anybody truly thinks Neumann is out to sabotage the basketball program, but there is room to question whether or not he is making decisions that positively affect basketball first, then a different sport and so-on.. How about hire a basketball coach, who can also do another sport?
[/quote]

Can he teach science and fill the other roles necessary to fulfill the district's needs?

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1033997" timestamp="1313112654"]
[/quote]

Then fill everyone in on the conversation. Regarding Belaire and including Neumann requesting both boys and girls be split blocked.

[quote name="Mmosley07" post="1034004" timestamp="1313113021"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=86369.msg1033997#msg1033997 date=1313112654]
[/quote]

Then fill everyone in on the conversation. Regarding Belaire and including Neumann requesting both boys and girls be split blocked.
[/quote]

I already stated that's exactly what happened. What more do u want? Read Bulldog81's comment above.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1034006" timestamp="1313113393"]
[quote author=Mmosley07 link=topic=86369.msg1034004#msg1034004 date=1313113021]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=86369.msg1033997#msg1033997 date=1313112654]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I already stated that's exactly what happened. What more do u want? Read Bulldog81's comment above.
[/quote]

Hahaha this is priceless!

Take a look.

https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?mk=25405&fn=minutes.pdf

And for those of you too lazy to click on the link.

c) Update on Basketball Scheduling – Coach Neumann and Coach English presented
information on basketball scheduling.  Coach Neumann gave history and justification
of the scheduling system.  Discussion ensued on the equality in double blocking all
sports, not just football and volleyball (only two are double-blocked now), and on
zero hour.  New 4 X 4 requirements will affect extracurricular.  Coach English
presented his information, and Lyn Moye suggested a split block, which would be
easy although it is not a double block.  Coach Neumann suggested getting data from
Mr. Gibson to determine the possibility of double blocking some sports or all if
possible.  Mr. Belaire asked how long this will take.  Dr. Soileau responded there is
no way to predict because so much is impacted, but would think the soonest is the
end of the second semester (as a good guess).  Mr. Weaver – can we hear some ideas
in the next couple of months?  Yes.  Coach Neumann would like to put Sissy
Yeaman on this project to do the study.  Ms. Krohn expressed her support of Coach
Neumann’s decision.  Coach Neumann added that after the study we will be able to
make a decision, but not until the study is complete and data available

Straight from the approved minutes boys. Yall sure do like to spew some dump on this board. I guess thats what happens when you cowardly hide behind a screen name.

[quote name="Mmosley07" post="1033985" timestamp="1313111749"]
To Mmosley07,

[/quote]

This is absolutely 100% false. Coach Neumann suggested both boys and girls have split block scheduling. If you have an opinion that's fine but spewing absolute crap solves nothing.
[/quote]
This statement that I made is 100% true. I talked to Supt. Krohn and had her tell me why Coach Neumann was against the basketball class. She asked me to meet with Coach Neumann so he could tell me his reasons for not wanting the class. I sat in his office and listened to him tell me the reasons why he was against the everyday basketball class. I then sat in the Principal's office and had him tell me that Coach Neuman did not want this class. I sat at school board meetings and heard then Supt. Krohn tell them that Coach Neumann did not want this class. This was all before he was asked to appear in front of the board and then tell them that he did not want this class to happen. And I was their to here that, too. So, you may come on here and voice your opinion, but to state that I am  "spewing absolute crap" about Coach Neumann not being in favor of this everyday basketball class just shows an extreme lack of knowledge on this subject.

[quote name="bulldog81" post="1034010" timestamp="1313113784"]
[quote author=Mmosley07 link=topic=86369.msg1033985#msg1033985 date=1313111749]
To Mmosley07,

[/quote]

[/quote]
This statement that I made is 100% true. I talked to Supt. Krohn and had her tell me why Coach Neumann was against the basketball class. She asked me to meet with Coach Neumann so he could tell me his reasons for not wanting the class. I sat in his office and listened to him tell me the reasons why he was against the everyday basketball class. I then sat in the Principal's office and had him tell me that Coach Neuman did not want this class. I sat at school board meetings and heard then Supt. Krohn tell them that Coach Neumann did not want this class. This was all before he went in front of the board and told them that he did not want this class to happen. And I was their to here that, too. So, you may come on here and voice your opinion, but to state that I am  "spewing absolute crap" about Coach Neumann not being in favor of this everyday basketball class just shows an extreme lack of knowledge on this subject.
[/quote]

The approved minutes from the board meeting

information on basketball scheduling.  Coach Neumann gave history and justification
of the scheduling system.  Discussion ensued on the equality in double blocking all
sports, not just football and volleyball (only two are double-blocked now), and on
easy although it is not a double block.  Coach Neumann suggested getting data from
Mr. Gibson to determine the possibility of double blocking some sports or all if
possible.  Mr. Belaire asked how long this will take.  Dr. Soileau responded there is
no way to predict because so much is impacted, but would think the soonest is the
end of the second semester (as a good guess).  Mr. Weaver – can we hear some ideas
Yeaman on this project to do the study.  Ms. Krohn expressed her support of Coach
Neumann’s decision.  Coach Neumann added that after the study we will be able to

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1034012" timestamp="1313114098"]
The same happened with Volleyball team a few years before that. That time, parents went to the board and voiced their concerns. Again, against Neumann's desires, the school board over ruled his decision, and volleyball met daily.
[/quote]

I just posted the minutes that state he was for bball.....

[quote name="Mmosley07" post="1034011" timestamp="1313113939"]
[quote author=bulldog81 link=topic=86369.msg1034010#msg1034010 date=1313113784]
[quote author=Mmosley07 link=topic=86369.msg1033985#msg1033985 date=1313111749]
To Mmosley07,

[/quote]

[/quote]
This statement that I made is 100% true. I talked to Supt. Krohn and had her tell me why Coach Neumann was against the basketball class. She asked me to meet with Coach Neumann so he could tell me his reasons for not wanting the class. I sat in his office and listened to him tell me the reasons why he was against the everyday basketball class. I then sat in the Principal's office and had him tell me that Coach Neuman did not want this class. I sat at school board meetings and heard then Supt. Krohn tell them that Coach Neumann did not want this class. This was all before he went in front of the board and told them that he did not want this class to happen. And I was their to here that, too. So, you may come on here and voice your opinion, but to state that I am  "spewing absolute crap" about Coach Neumann not being in favor of this everyday basketball class just shows an extreme lack of knowledge on this subject.
[/quote]

The approved minutes from the board meeting

of the scheduling system.   Discussion ensued on the equality in double blocking all
[/quote]

Nowhere in those minutes does Coach Neumann state that he is in favor of an everyday basketball class. All he is saying is that he wanted to have a study done to see if it could be worked out.