Nederland AD hires new basketball assistant coach

[quote name="livebreathbasketball" post="1038045" timestamp="1313814679"]
I would love to see the "big three" ,(wood, barrow, and shaw), go at it with the best 5 "just basketball players." be fun to watch
[/quote]
you have got to be kidding me this is one of the funniest things ive ever seen!Neither of them did crap as freshmen on the team! this has got to be one of the "big three" whatever that is! thats like saying cody meaux is good at golf!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dogs14" post="1038631" timestamp="1313913095"]
[quote author=livebreathbasketball link=topic=86369.msg1038045#msg1038045 date=1313814679]
I would love to see the "big three" ,(wood, barrow, and shaw), go at it with the best 5 "just basketball players." be fun to watch
[/quote]
you have got to be kidding me this is one of the funniest things ive ever seen!Neither of them did crap as freshmen on the team! this has got to be one of the "big three" whatever that is! thats like saying cody meaux is good at golf!
[/quote]

...I am hoping you are just a kid on here running his mouth and if so, I will take your comment for what it's worth...if you are, however, a so called adult, I will simply use a line from the movie Hangover..."you are literally too stupid to insult."...anyone who comes on here trashing kids is frankly a moron, especially if they are on here under a screen name that implies that they are a Nederland supporter...somebody please kill this thread before it gets even more out of hand than it is already!

This thread was dying until Brubaker put something like that on the forum.. The reason nobody, including me commented for awhile, is because no one really knew how to reply to something like that..

Dont tell dogs14 to stop with trash talk when Brubaker puts something like that on here and questions why they didnt play enough.. Long story made short on that issue, they are better off in football, just like scapegoat said

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1036352" timestamp="1313552109"]
One log to throw on this fire, why did Jordan Wood, Seth Barrow, and Michael Shaw, stop playing basketball?  They were three of the best players in their class, Shaw one of the best athletes in the school, Barrow shoots the lights out and a great athlete in his own right, Wood a small forward who can bang, step back and hit a j, dee up and rebound.... Why are these guys not playing basketball?  I've got my theory.  This lovefest goes both ways, get off your high horse.  I can't think they just lost interest.  And I know if they grabbed any two knuckleheads from the halls, their five could ball against anyone in the school... so how rosy white is this situation?
[/quote]

You want the honest answer to that question? Jordan Wood, Seth Barrow, and Michael Shaw stopped playing basketball simply because they got passed up. Being in football class and playing basketball at the same time interfered with their opportunity to develop like the "just basketball guys". If they were allowed to be in basketball for the whole period instead of having to go to football mid-way, maybe this is a whole different story. But, we all know football is number one around here. Some of these basketball players were good football players in middle school in their own right, but ultimately saw a better opportunity in basketball. (Weisbroad, Rogers, Lormier, etc.) Just like the Football guys saw a better opportunity in football. Have your theories, your love fests, but just know that in the end it is better that the "Big Three" (Shaw, Wood, and Barrow) decided to take their talents to the "South Beach". And seriously? Saying that they could grab anyone from the halls and ball with anybody in the school is 1) Hilarous and completely foolish 2) An insult to the hard work that the basketball players have put in to earn the jersey they wear every Tuesday and Friday night.