Question for OLDREF or ZEBRA1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1028400" timestamp="1311709879"]
What is the status of the 2 Beaumont ref chapters merging? Are yall going to get it done this summer?
[/quote]

From what I hear, not going to happen.

Would like to hear from those two on this subject.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1028402" timestamp="1311710395"]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=86033.msg1028400#msg1028400 date=1311709879]
What is the status of the 2 Beaumont ref chapters merging? Are yall going to get it done this summer?
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think Zebra1 could shed some light on this subject if he would oblige ;) ;)

LT. Dangle........

There is a lot of he said she said...we will do this if you will do that....kind of talk going on....I am frustrated with the whole situation, as are many officials.as well as coaches...This will be my last season in the Beaumont Chapter, and I would love for us to get back together....I have missed calling for schools that fall under TASO....I AM MOVING TO DALLAS....and I plan on working in the North Dallas chapter after the first of the year....Stay tuned because when i leave I plan on giving my list of COACHING SUPERLATIVES.

[quote name="OLDREF" post="1028739" timestamp="1311797469"]
LT. Dangle........

There is a lot of he said she said...we will do this if you will do that....kind of talk going on....I am frustrated with the whole situation, as are many officials.as well as coaches...This will be my last season in the Beaumont Chapter, and I would love for us to get back together....I have missed calling for schools that fall under TASO....I AM MOVING TO DALLAS....and I plan on working in the North Dallas chapter after the first of the year....Stay tuned because when i leave I plan on giving my list of COACHING SUPERLATIVES.
[/quote]Why not now?

LT. Dangle........

[/quote]It would stand to reason that if both groups would come to the same table, then that would eliminate the " he said, she said" routine, right? (it could all be hashed out on the spot?)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1028402" timestamp="1311710395"]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=86033.msg1028400#msg1028400 date=1311709879]
[/quote]

[/quote]AAW, after talking to Bob, it sounds like the TASO chapter has done all they can but to no avail.

[quote name="Bone Daddy" post="1029327" timestamp="1311961337"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86033.msg1028402#msg1028402 date=1311710395]
[/quote]

[/quote]AAW, after talking to Bob, it sounds like the TASO chapter has done all they can but to no avail.
[/quote]Boone Daddy, you have recieved some false information from who ever Bob is. here are some facts. I have talked to some members of the Beaumont UIL Chapter board  and here is what i was told. On July 11th,2011, the Beaumont UIL Chapter board members, the Deep East Texas TASO chapter board members,several area head basketball coaches and a representative from the state UIL office attended a meeting at the Carol Thomas Center to see what it would take to bring the 2 chapters back togather.This meeting was requested by the head basketball coaches from around the area.After a lot of discussion by all involved the coaches suggested that the boards from both chapters be dismantled and a new board be formed with with no board members from the present boards (Beaumont or Deep East Texas) be allowed to serve on the new board for at least 2 years. That was one of the reasons the chapters spilt,because board members from each chapter had personality problems.The Beaumont UIL Board agreed to this suggestion if thats what it would take to bring the chapters back togather. The Deep East Texas TASO board rejected this suggestion and has not given a reason why they refused to go along with this proposal.The UIL Chapter said they have done everything they can do to bring the chapters back togather, but the TASO chapter has not been willing to do so. Mr. Bob need to check on facts. ::)

LT. Dangle........

[/quote]

You will surely be missed old ref. let me say how much i respect you not only as an official but as a person. I wish you nothing but a great future and admire the way you have handled all that has come your way. God Bless you and your family and stay with us on the forum from Dallas......

I hope officials from both chapters see this. This is the situation. Not so long ago, we had one chapter. The chapter did not do a good job of filling games( the right way) or getting the officials to games on time. Officials and coaches got tired of it. A few members branched off to form an organization. The new organization is doing a tremendous job.........FOR THE KIDS! No problems. Only concern is that there are good officials in the other chapter sitting at home, or not getting quality games. If some of these officials would join the new organization, our basketball games in the area would AGAIN have quality officiating at all games. It is what it is! Until some of these officials realize nothing is going to change, then guess what? The situation that we've had the last two years, IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!!! Push the egos and hard feelings aside and do it for the game , the fans, the coaches, and most importantly, THE KIDS! See you in November, regardless of the decisions made! Basketball season is gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnna happen!

[quote name="BigDaddy1" post="1029336" timestamp="1311963675"]
[quote author=Bone Daddy link=topic=86033.msg1029327#msg1029327 date=1311961337]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86033.msg1028402#msg1028402 date=1311710395]
[/quote]

[/quote]Boone Daddy, you have recieved some false information from who ever Bob is. here are some facts. I have talked to some members of the Beaumont UIL Chapter board  and here is what i was told. On July 11th,2011, the Beaumont UIL Chapter board members, the Deep East Texas TASO chapter board members,several area head basketball coaches and a representative from the state UIL office attended a meeting at the Carol Thomas Center to see what it would take to bring the 2 chapters back togather.This meeting was requested by the head basketball coaches from around the area.After a lot of discussion by all involved the coaches suggested that the boards from both chapters be dismantled and a new board be formed with with no board members from the present boards (Beaumont or Deep East Texas) be allowed to serve on the new board for at least 2 years. That was one of the reasons the chapters spilt,because board members from each chapter had personality problems.The Beaumont UIL Board agreed to this suggestion if thats what it would take to bring the chapters back togather. The Deep East Texas TASO board rejected this suggestion and has not given a reason why they refused to go along with this proposal.The UIL Chapter said they have done everything they can do to bring the chapters back togather, but the TASO chapter has not been willing to do so. Mr. Bob need to check on facts. ::)
[/quote]I thought that the UIL was in litigation with TASO that would prevent that anyway.

[quote name="team first" post="1029371" timestamp="1311968643"]
I hope officials from both chapters see this. This is the situation. Not so long ago, we had one chapter. The chapter did not do a good job of filling games( the right way) or getting the officials to games on time. Officials and coaches got tired of it. A few members branched off to form an organization. The new organization is doing a tremendous job.........FOR THE KIDS! No problems. Only concern is that there are good officials in the other chapter sitting at home, or not getting quality games. If some of these officials would join the new organization, our basketball games in the area would AGAIN have quality officiating at all games. It is what it is! Until some of these officials realize nothing is going to change, then guess what? The situation that we've had the last two years, IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!!! Push the egos and hard feelings aside and do it for the game , the fans, the coaches, and most importantly, THE KIDS! See you in November, regardless of the decisions made! Basketball season is gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnna happen!
[/quote] Team, you know what most area coaches & officials know when it comes to the "problem" when these two chapters were unified. The aforementioned "problem" is still in the new UIL chapter with no real end in sight. Overwhelmingly, coaches are satisfied with the TASO bunch because all of their games are covered & on time, but just as important, their leadership handles the business end of the chapter and communications in a professional manner. I got to watch some of the HJ & Nederland tourneys this year and thought the officiating was handled very well. But the YMBL.....not so much. Probably why I will never leave football/baseball officiating for basketball again.

[quote name="BigDaddy1" post="1029336" timestamp="1311963675"]
[quote author=Bone Daddy link=topic=86033.msg1029327#msg1029327 date=1311961337]
[/quote]

[/quote]Dear Big Daddy, I assume that since this your 1st post that you are a UIL basketball referee & if you were as "in touch" with the situation as you would like us to believe then you would know who the only Bob there is in this area officiating basketball. Secondly, if the UIL chapter has said that "we have done everything we can do to bring the chapters back togather" then it must be true. Right??

[quote name="Bone Daddy" post="1030749" timestamp="1312320061"]
[quote author=BigDaddy1 link=topic=86033.msg1029336#msg1029336 date=1311963675]
[/quote]

[/quote]Dear Big Daddy, I assume that since this your 1st post that you are a UIL basketball referee & if you were as "in touch" with the situation as you would like us to believe then you would know who the only Bob there is in this area officiating basketball. Secondly, if the UIL chapter has said that "we have done everything we can do to bring the chapters back togather" then it must be true. Right??
[/quote][quote author=Bone Daddy link=topic=86033.msg1030749#msg1030749 date=1312320061]
[/quote]

[/quote]Then you would know who the only Bob there is in this area officiating basketball. :o ::)

[quote name="BigDaddy1" post="1031288" timestamp="1312421874"]
[quote author=Bone Daddy link=topic=86033.msg1030749#msg1030749 date=1312320061]
[/quote]

[/quote][quote author=Bone Daddy link=topic=86033.msg1030749#msg1030749 date=1312320061]
[/quote]

[/quote]Then you would know who the only Bob there is in this area officiating basketball. :o ::)
[/quote]Hey Bigs, if you look at your post again, you were the one who said" whoever Bob is"

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1033683" timestamp="1313072891"]
I just hate to see it, there are good officials in both chapters....There is NO reason for them not to come together and make one harmonious professional group other than attitudes....Hopefully they will work it out.

[/quote]PoppaBear, There is a reason why the chapters will not get back togather. It's the TASO chapter board members.The UIL chapter board members agreed to join forces again and UIL also agreed to the proposals  by the coaches at the 7/11/2011 meeting. The TASO chapter refused the offer. Just ask any coach in the area where the problem is, including the coaches the TASO chapter serve. Bottom line is, UIL wants to TASO do not. These are the facts,just ask Bob. ;D

[quote name="OLDREF" post="1033758" timestamp="1313080120"]
Poppa..........You have always been wise....This time you hit the nail on the head.....
[/quote]OLDREF,You have also always been wise. You should have the facts. Have you been in touch with your UIL co-officials on this situation ?

THIS IS SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....The bottom line is that you have two groups of people who have allowed their pride to out shadow their good judgement....once again....and because of this we will have two average chapters in the Beaumont area instead of one good chapter...It should be all about the kids ....but it is not....I have to accept some of the blame along with all the members in both chapters....It should not have been able to happen in the first place....Their will continue to be problems until both chapters realize the reason that we officiate in the first place.......THE CHILDREN

I HATE to hear this!!!  I wish you well in your new venture!

-Mike

LT. Dangle........

[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw