Southeast Texas gets little respect in Texas Football

Too many schools across Texas in 4A and 5A for our area to compete every year. Put that with the abundance of strong teams in those classifications and that's why most years if you 3 to 4 rounds that's considered a very good year. The smaller classes around here 1-3a have an easier road IMO. I know some will disagree, but that's how I see it.

The best coaching staffs in the area always make a strong playoff run. West Orange, Kirbyville, Jasper, PNG, West Brook, and Central all have years where they got 3-4 rounds deep. I would love to see teams like Silsbee, Ozen, and LCM make stronger playoff runs. I have watched each and everyone of these play over the past 4 years and I can tell you the coaching staffs make just as much as a difference as the players. What if a WOS staff could take over a LCM team. Would that make a difference?

[quote name="Rizon" post="1021219" timestamp="1309318042"]
Outside of KVille and Dayton (who I guess isn't SETX) what has anyone done since PNG in 1999 and WOS in 2000. Has anyone even made it to the semi's? I think we have some really good football around here...just nothing seems to do really good in the playoffs.

So...someone make it happen this year.
[/quote]

WOS made the semi's in 2005. Jasper, Kirbyville and Newton have all been to the title game and semi's multiple times.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1022976" timestamp="1310082680"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=85287.msg1021219#msg1021219 date=1309318042]
Outside of KVille and Dayton (who I guess isn't SETX) what has anyone done since PNG in 1999 and WOS in 2000. Has anyone even made it to the semi's? I think we have some really good football around here...just nothing seems to do really good in the playoffs.

[/quote]

WOS made the semi's in 2005. Jasper, Kirbyville and Newton have all been to the title game and semi's multiple times.
[/quote]

I totally agree. If the coaching staff or the above teams went to say Ozan, they would be going 2-3 rounds deep within two years....but let's not forget coach Barbay in Coldspring, he will be one of the best in due time.

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1023028" timestamp="1310094131"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=85287.msg1022976#msg1022976 date=1310082680]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=85287.msg1021219#msg1021219 date=1309318042]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I totally agree. If the coaching staff or the above teams went to say Ozan, they would be going 2-3 rounds deep within two years....but let's not forget coach Barbay in Coldspring, he will be one of the best in due time.
[/quote]I have no idea who, 'Ozan' is.  I've never heard of that team...

Truth is over the last 25 years the balance of power in Texas HS football has shifted to the major metro areas of Houston, DFW, Austin and San Antonio especially for 4A/5A but also you see some suburban 3A's as well.  I don't know the reason's for sure, but Texas is becoming more urban and less rural and the money in the state is definately in the Metro's so, like everything else, you can follow the money trail.  Lake Travis would be a prime example.  Austin suburb that is extremely wealthy.  They make sure they have the best coaches and facilities.  Katy and Southlake Carrol are two more examples. 

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1023121" timestamp="1310136004"]
Truth is over the last 25 years the balance of power in Texas HS football has shifted to the major metro areas of Houston, DFW, Austin and San Antonio especially for 4A/5A but also you see some suburban 3A's as well.  I don't know the reason's for sure, but Texas is becoming more urban and less rural and the money in the state is definately in the Metro's so, like everything else, you can follow the money trail.  Lake Travis would be a prime example.  Austin suburb that is extremely wealthy.  They make sure they have the best coaches and facilities.  Katy and Southlake Carrol are two more examples. 
[/quote]

Completely agree. What was it a few years ago?.....I believe it was Katy Morton Ranch that went a long way in just thier second year, or maybe it was Cinco Ranch. Both new schools in a very wealthy, uprising area.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1023121" timestamp="1310136004"]
Katy and Southlake Carrol are two more examples. 
[/quote]

As much as I pay in property taxes for a pretty modest home, Katy ISD better have the best facilities, LOL!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086