BE Super Gold Baseball Team

First, congradulations to all the young men making the team, it is an honor. Now, how does a local all-star team not include the 2 time 4A "defensive player of the year", Nederland catcher, Anthony Babino? Team must have been picked by an umpire with "very slow reflexes", if you get my drift.

[quote name="ntputter17" post="1020862" timestamp="1309119898"]
First, congradulations to all the young men making the team, it is an honor. Now, how does a local all-star team not include the 2 time 4A "defensive player of the year", Nederland catcher, Anthony Babino? Team must have been picked by an umpire with "very slow reflexes", if you get my drift.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D  :o

[quote name="ntputter17" post="1020862" timestamp="1309119898"]
First, congradulations to all the young men making the team, it is an honor. Now, how does a local all-star team not include the 2 time 4A "defensive player of the year", Nederland catcher, Anthony Babino? [b]Team must have been picked by an umpire with "very slow reflexes", if you get my drift[/b].
[/quote]

Now thats funny !!!!!! I can tell you he would have been on any team I would have picked .

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1020964" timestamp="1309184860"]
Well, the easy part is saying who should be on the list.  But now the hard part, who should be booted off of the list to make room for Babino?
[/quote]

You are correct, it should have been easy, quite obvious in fact. I did not slight anyone on the list, they are all deserving and great young men. But the original comment still stands, theres no way you name a local all star team without him, unless it was intentional, and thats just wrong.

While I appreciate the impassioned defense of 1 kid who was not selected to the area wide Super Gold team, lets be honest.  He's a catcher.  Two catchers made it ahead of him and you disagree.  At least be honest about it and admit that what you're saying is that Babino's better than the 2 kids who made it -Caleb Henry and Matthew Menard.  But remember this: Henry was the defensive MVP of his district (and also hit .500 on the year) and Menard was the offensive MVP of his. 

I think it does those 2 young men a disservice.  They are both very, very good ballplayers and deserved the recognition they received.  This is not meant as a slap at the other kid.  He may very well have been the 3rd best catcher in the area and region and that's not too shabby.

[quote name="RedBarn" post="1021058" timestamp="1309231662"]
While I appreciate the impassioned defense of 1 kid who was not selected to the area wide Super Gold team, lets be honest.  He's a catcher.  Two catchers made it ahead of him and you disagree.  At least be honest about it and admit that what you're saying is that Babino's better than the 2 kids who made it -Caleb Henry and Matthew Menard.  But remember this: Henry was the defensive MVP of his district (and also hit .500 on the year) and Menard was the offensive MVP of his. 

I think it does those 2 young men a disservice.  They are both very, very good ballplayers and deserved the recognition they received.  This is not meant as a slap at the other kid.  He may very well have been the 3rd best catcher in the area and region and that's not too shabby.
[/quote]

Redbarn---I mean no disservice to anyone, but there are at least 4 catchers listed. You're telling me that the most valuable player on the 1# team in the area doesnt belong? Garbage.......

I missed Kyle.  Good kid, very deserving.  Two things in reply:

[quote name="ntputter17" post="1021079" timestamp="1309266501"]
[quote author=RedBarn link=topic=85097.msg1021058#msg1021058 date=1309231662]

Redbarn---I mean no disservice to anyone, but there are at least 4 catchers listed. You're telling me that the most valuable player on the 1# team in the area doesnt belong? Garbage.......
[/quote]

Now its garbage?  That surely makes the kids who DID make the team feel good.

And, it sure was a stroke of good luck that Babino played in the district he did.  After Markum, Henry and Menard, he would've only made Hon Men in that district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder