3A All District Selections

Its my understanding that All-District selections have been made...i was confused that the Dishon boy didn't make 1st team.    Kid had the most stolen bases, an on-base percentage over .500, and was at the top of rbi's and run's score, and had speed that was unparalleled.  The kid is going to Ole Miss?  Maybe the Olympic baseball team....  Now, I'm from LCM so I'm not too familiar with District 21-3A, but I saw a handful of b.c. Games and the boy was tremendous..... ???
???

Oh, don't get me wrong....I am by no way commenting on who did get it...I don't even know who got 1st team outfield......I am sure the young man who did get selected is outstanding!  I just thought it was weird considering when i saw the boy play and from what I read in the enterprise about how well he has played.  I read this morning that he went 3-5 against Robinson, 3 RBI's, and scored once himself.  I hear the Robinson team was extremely good.

I have not seen the All District list for 21-3A, but I agree 110% with Catcher.  Dishon is by far the best Outfielder in the District and agruably the best Outfielder in the area.  If this is true, then the All District picks lose some credibility.  Not saying anyone else shouldn't have made it, just stating the obvious, that Dishon deserved 1st team and many would argue a Superlative Honor.

Guys, the picks haven't been released and some of you are already griping and 2nd guessing.  The coaches in 21-3A know talent when they see it.  Some players don't get 1st team because they get a superlative award, which is a higher honor than 1st team all-district.  I'm willing to bet that Dishon will get the proper recognition that he deserves. 

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1015097" timestamp="1306721764"]
Haven't seen a better outfielder or base runner in many moons. The kid can play.

If the media doesn't publish by tomorrow, I will post the all-district team here.
[/quote]

I don't know how long ago many moons is, but there were 2 very good outfielders in district 21-3A just a few years ago.  Don't forget about the fact that Dishon has an older brother who was pretty dang good in the outfield and remember the kid from Silsbee.  Rocky Calhoun roamed CF for the Silsbee Tigers for 4 years and NEVER made an error. 

Guest UHCoog14
So for all we know, Cameron COULD have been named MVP (for example) of the district. In that case he would not be named 1st team to any position.
Might be best to save all this discussion until AFTER the list is released.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1015097" timestamp="1306721764"]
Haven't seen a better outfielder or base runner in many moons. The kid can play.

If the media doesn't publish by tomorrow, I will post the all-district team here.
[/quote]

It's tomorrow..........

21-3A ALL-DISTRICT SELECTIONS
NAME SCHOOL         CLASS

CO-DISTRICT MVP-¬        Forrest Zoch Bridge City 12
                                              Kyle Markum HF 12

OFFENSIVE
PLAYER OF THE YEAR- Matt Menard Bridge City 11

DEFENSIVE
PLAYER OF THE YEAR- Caleb Henry Silsbee 12

NEWCOMER
OF THE YEAR-  Jake Lemoine Bridge City 11

COACH OF THE YEAR- Chad Landry Bridge City
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1ST TEAM
PITCHERS: 1. Zane Anderson WOS 12

2. Brock Levingston HF 12

3. Lance Brown Silsbee 12

CATCHER: Quinton Evans Orangefield 12

INFIELDERS: 1B. Parker James Orangefield 12

2B. Bryce Sampere Bridge City 10

3B. Blake Hicks HF 9

SS. Zach Smith Bridge City 11

OUTFIELDERS: 1. Mitchel Hubbard Bridge City 11

2. Jake Best Orangefield 11

3. Montana Garcia Silsbee 10

4. Brandon Simoneaux Bridge City 12

DESIGNATED HITTER: Jonathan Deramus Orangefield 12

UTILITY PLAYER: Jadon Daigle Silsbee 12

NAME SCHOOL         CLASS

2ND TEAM
PITCHERS: 1. Adam Chapman HF 12

2. Justin Flowers Silsbee 12

3. Clint Scoggins Silsbee 12

CATCHER: Cash McCarson WOS 12

INFIELDERS: 1B. Dylan Mulhollan BC 12

2B. Jacob Murray Silsbee 11

3B. Preston Pittman BC 10

SS. Austin Scales OF 11

OUTFIELDERS: 1. Cameron Dishon BC 11

2. Jake Jannise HF 10

3.  Rhett Williamson HF 11

DESIGNATED HITTER: Jacoy Finney WOS 11

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HONORABLE MENTION:  Braxton Smith OF 9

Layne Miguez HF 11

Jacob McDonald Silsbee 12

Quade Robertson HJ 10

Dustin Mason HJ 10

Shannon Grantham HJ 12

Dalton Ivey HJ 11

Chaz York WOS 11

Looks like this was the year of the catcher in 21-3A.

Kyle Markum (Hamshire-Fannett) CO-District MVP

Matt Menard (Bridge City) Offensive Player of the Year

Caleb Henry (Silsbee) Defensive Player of the Year

Quinton Evans (Orangefield) 1st Team All-District

Cash McCarson (West Orange-Stark) 2nd Team All-District

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder