Goose Creek Memorial vs. Willis Game 2 Thread/Willis wins series 2-0

Game 2 of this Class 4A area round best of 3 series will take place at Porter High School at 12:00 p.m.  Willis took a 1-0 series lead with a 7-6 victory last night.

Game 3, if necessary, will take place 30 minutes after the conclusion of Game 2.

The winner of this series will take on the winner of the Brenham/Port Neches-Groves series.  That series is tied 1-1.

Guest Ranger83
Top 2nd
GCM      0    1    0
Willis    3    3    0   
Czerwonka lasts 1/3. C. Salmon is now pitching for GCM.
Willis sends 9 to the plate and leaves the bases loaded. 3 hits were all doubles.

Czerwonka only lasted 1/3 of the 1st? Perhaps not enough rest during the year?? Either way, sounds like the Willis team could hit the ball and our bats went cold. Well...not in the cards. It's a shame because we really had a strong team. But good pitching will shut down good hitting the majority of the time...IMO.

Both pitchers were lights out this year for the Pats (and I am sure they will be next year)....It is not how fast you throw (I know Chance is in the low 80s) It is where you place the ball...... Mike was awesome with all of his nasty stuff and I would have him as a #1 Lefty on any team.....They were gassed in these last few games but it doesnt take away from all that they have done for this TEAM all year...........Go Pats

[quote name="DaBears" post="1011121" timestamp="1305421267"]
I kept hearing all year how GCM had two good pitchers, #1A and #1B. Neither one of them can throw 78?
[/quote]
It is cause 19-4a doesnt know how to hit a curveball. Every team had trouble with them so that is why Martinez did a great job.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder