Nederland vs. Barbers Hill Game 1 Thread/Barbers Hill leads series 1-0!

[quote name="ntputter17" post="1006555" timestamp="1304688651"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=83947.msg1006548#msg1006548 date=1304688080]
[quote author=ntputter17 link=topic=83947.msg1006547#msg1006547 date=1304687905]
You still dont get it.....you are correct in that the turf played the same for both teams, but, BH made the adjustments, Ned did not. I have to assume you dont win a tough district by allowing 3 infield singles on routine ground balls. You are also correct in that Ned did not get the hits when they needed them.
The whole point of the original post was, if Ned pitches their #1 or #2, BH doesnt put as many balls in play, the Ned infield doesnt have to make the plays it could not make.............And yes, all you Lamar lovers, that turf is SLOW. It is true, but it is slow.
[/quote]
Then why didnt the coach throw them? BH threw there #3 #5 then #4(IMO).... they got the job done.
Good job pitching and Good job Eagles. Bring it home!
[/quote]
Medical issues on both......Not their fault and their health is much more important than a baseball score.
[/quote]
Than as a fan you cant put that on a coaches shoulders... good decision by the coach.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ntputter17" post="1006492" timestamp="1304654034"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=83947.msg1006477#msg1006477 date=1304652655]
Didn't really matter if Smith or Duplant pitched, Dogs just didn't hit the ball. It's a series, Dogs will have to score runs tomorrow to get to Saturday.

I look for Barbers Hill to save their No.1 till Saturday if needed.
[/quote]
Sure it matters...not having your #1 or #2 pitchers makes a difference. I also believe playing on the terrible turf at Lamar hurt them. BH had at least 3 infield hits. Your infielders cant stay back and wait, they have to attack the ball, and they did not. Ned has a battle coming back from this, they can do it, but its going to be tough.
On another note, the home plate umpire was terrible, for both sides. No consistency in a strike zone, not vocal at all and really was just a bad umpire, especially for a playoff game. Do the umps have to qualify for the playoffs? This guy needs to stay in T-ball.
[/quote] terrible turf??? I have never heard of turf slowing down the ball.  Lamar has a great infield.  the ball comes a little quicker but takes true hops. in both infield and outfield.  the key is not to be afraid of the turf. that is the whole point of in and out.
I will agree with the umps need to be graded by the coaches for every non district and district game. then take the top umps and put them starting at 5A playoffs and down. coaches usually they take 4 umps for playoffs. 2 from both chapters of district, home team getting home plate and 2nd, vis team getting 1st and 3rd. or coaches agree to get from another chapter.
But when you dont hit the ball you don't win.

[quote name="643" post="1006507" timestamp="1304657835"]
[quote author=HSB&Rangers link=topic=83947.msg1006495#msg1006495 date=1304654770]
Umps don't have to qualify. The coaches pick the umps. It is typically a split crew from the two chapters that call for the two teams during the regular season.
[/quote]Unless things have changed they DON'T pick m, they do have an option to scratch m tho, I've never understood why you don't see the best the Asso has to offer.]

Coaches do pick the umpires in the playoffs. If it is a 4 man crew it is typically 2 umpires (that the coach requests if they are available) from the two chapters that call the respective schools regular season games. Sometimes the coaches do not want to use their local chapters so they will agree to use a neutral chapter that does not call either schools regulAr season games. If the schools cannot agree on a neutral chapter then the UIL picks one. When a chapter is neutral you typically get a 3 man crew that is selected by that chapter's scheduling secretary.

Coach picks are honored more often in the playoffs than in the regular season. Your comment from above is typical to how the selection process is done in the regular season.

I have no idea who umpired this game last night or where they were from. The point is that both coaches more than likely agreed on not just the chapter, but more than likely one coach picked the patricular umpire in question.
[/quote]

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="1006556" timestamp="1304688728"]
[quote author=ntputter17 link=topic=83947.msg1006555#msg1006555 date=1304688651]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=83947.msg1006548#msg1006548 date=1304688080]
[quote author=ntputter17 link=topic=83947.msg1006547#msg1006547 date=1304687905]
You still dont get it.....you are correct in that the turf played the same for both teams, but, BH made the adjustments, Ned did not. I have to assume you dont win a tough district by allowing 3 infield singles on routine ground balls. You are also correct in that Ned did not get the hits when they needed them.
The whole point of the original post was, if Ned pitches their #1 or #2, BH doesnt put as many balls in play, the Ned infield doesnt have to make the plays it could not make.............And yes, all you Lamar lovers, that turf is SLOW. It is true, but it is slow.
[/quote]
Then why didnt the coach throw them? BH threw there #3 #5 then #4(IMO).... they got the job done.
[/quote]
Medical issues on both......Not their fault and their health is much more important than a baseball score.
[/quote]
Than as a fan you cant put that on a coaches shoulders... good decision by the coach.
Dont think the coach had any part of it. I dont think they were released to play, well Smith played, but could not pitch. Now one thing you can put on the coach is trying to play small ball when you are down by 5 runs in the 4th with 2 on and the middle of your line up batting. That made no sence at all.
[/quote]

[quote name="ntputter17" post="1006567" timestamp="1304690190"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=83947.msg1006556#msg1006556 date=1304688728]
[quote author=ntputter17 link=topic=83947.msg1006555#msg1006555 date=1304688651]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Dont think the coach had any part of it. I dont think they were released to play, well Smith played, but could not pitch. Now one thing you can put on the coach is trying to play small ball when you are down by 5 runs in the 4th with 2 on and the middle of your line up batting. That made no sence at all.
[/quote]
[/quote]
You have to get 1 run before you can get five. Especially that early in the game. fourth inning is when you want to start chipping away at the lead. Makes SENSE now?

Really? I wonder how many times that kid has been asked to bunt this year? It was the 4th or 5th ining of a 7 inning game.....Not a 9 inning game. They dodged a bullet with the first foul ball that BH couldnt get to, but then to call it again and have a pop up? No, sorry, that doesnt work. Down by 1or 2 late in a game, yes. Down by 5 late in a game, nope.

[quote name="ntputter17" post="1006586" timestamp="1304693159"]
Really? I wonder how many times that kid has been asked to bunt this year? It was the 4th or 5th ining of a 7 inning game.....Not a 9 inning game. They dodged a bullet with the first foul ball that BH couldnt get to, but then to call it again and have a pop up? No, sorry, that doesnt work. Down by 1or 2 late in a game, yes. Down by 5 late in a game, nope.
[/quote]
They were down by 4. High school hitters practice on bunting every day. I guarantee it. Everyone needs to know how to bunt cause just like your saying coach can call it at ANY time in the game. The way Ned sticks were going coach was begging for runs... so having one runner in scoring position is a big difference than having two. Esp with only 2 hits the whole game.

[quote name="baseballdude" post="1006621" timestamp="1304697452"]
My prediction is that the Hill rolls on tonight! They are throwing their #1 Grayson Long (Texas A&M verbal commit as a junior).  Hate to say it, but there are going to be some upset Ned fans tonight!
[/quote]

Long is good, but I think he saves him for Saturday if needed. Does anyone think I'm crazy?

Guest Ranger83
I have no idea. Probably why I coach from the forum and not the field.

Maybe he saw something during the week of practice.

Guest Ranger83
Maybe he thought Thames would do better in a less stressful situation. Game 1, if it does not work out you still have your ace the next day. Who knows?

No excuses here. We got beat. Game wasn't close. Do I think BH pitchers are unhittable? Do I think they are better than any other pitching we have seen this year? No, but last night they were good enough to silence a tough lineup of hitters for Ned. I never give-up 'till it's over. Ned will bounce back.

Go Dogs!!!

IDK if many have kept up with Ned all season except Ned fans but they havent been able to hit lefties better than righties all year. Plus offspeed. That is why they lost to Vidor the one game. They threw their offspeed lefty...(idk the name) and shut them down. same concept. Grayhole and Eagles close it out tonight!

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="1006661" timestamp="1304701944"]
IDK if many have kept up with Ned all season except Ned fans but they havent been able to hit lefties better than righties all year. Plus offspeed. That is why they lost to Vidor the one game. [b]They threw their offspeed lefty...(idk the name)[/b] and shut them down. same concept. Grayhole and Eagles close it out tonight!
[/quote]probably can't remember his name because no left handed pitcher pitched for vidor when they beat nederland. armstrong, foshee, and maxwell were the only kids that pitched for vidor in that game. also, i wouldn't say they shut them down...the score was 7-5. it looks like maybe you haven't kept up with nederland all season. i believe it had more to do with the kids being a little down when they realized their top two pitchers all season might not get to pitch in the playoffs. i predict they do much better in the next game offensively. one thing i did find in common with both games were the errors committed by nederland....that's not likely to happen again.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1006669" timestamp="1304704248"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=83947.msg1006661#msg1006661 date=1304701944]
IDK if many have kept up with Ned all season except Ned fans but they havent been able to hit lefties better than righties all year. Plus offspeed. That is why they lost to Vidor the one game. [b]They threw their offspeed lefty...(idk the name)[/b] and shut them down. same concept. Grayhole and Eagles close it out tonight!
[/quote]probably can't remember his name because no left handed pitcher pitched for vidor when they beat nederland. armstrong, foshee, and maxwell were the only kids that pitched for vidor in that game. also, i wouldn't say they shut them down...the score was 7-5. it looks like maybe you haven't kept up with nederland all season. i believe it had more to do with the kids being a little down when they realized their top two pitchers all season might not get to pitch in the playoffs. i predict they do much better in the next game offensively. one thing i did find in common with both games were the errors committed by nederland....that's not likely to happen again.
[/quote]
No i havent. i thought Vidors ace through against nederland the second game. sorry for false information. And it is playoff time. They have to focus in and play the game. Whatever BH coach saw did a great job. Enough to hold Ned power house to 2 hits. errors or not Ned still lost the game without them. they had 2 unearned runs. 3-2 final without errors.

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="1006670" timestamp="1304704496"]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=83947.msg1006669#msg1006669 date=1304704248]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=83947.msg1006661#msg1006661 date=1304701944]
[/quote]
No i havent. i thought Vidors ace through against nederland the second game. sorry for false information. And it is playoff time. They have to focus in and play the game. Whatever BH coach saw did a great job. Enough to hold Ned power house to 2 hits. errors or not Ned still lost the game without them. they had 2 unearned runs. 3-2 final without errors.
[/quote]this i can agree with...you hold a team to 2 hits, you will probably win..if the bats don't come alive, they will be watching from the stands...same for the pirates...not a good time to go into a slump at the plate.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder