Great Job Ganders

yes good job... I thought yall would win... I thought there might be some trouble with LCM @ LCM and only 1 game.  they are tough at home on that cracker jack ball park of theirs. Balls fly out of there easy.  and of course the score was 2-0 with 2 solo HR.  Tough when you are a gap hitting team.  You did a great job and made 19-4a proud.

hitman009  such harsh talk about our park.  if you don't like our ballpark, sign up for a different tournament next year.  i believe you are are in position to help make that decision over there at crosby.

...and if you are a gap to gap hitting team?  and you don't hit any balls in any gaps?  then what casey stengal?

I would like to add that the Lee group that visited here last night was a fine group of people.  The fans, the players, and the coaches were first class.  And what a pitcher they had.  One of the best I've seen in a while.

[quote name="hitman009" post="1005911" timestamp="1304600517"]
yes good job... I thought yall would win... I thought there might be some trouble with LCM @ LCM and only 1 game.  they are tough at home on that cracker jack ball park of theirs. Balls fly out of there easy.  and of course the score was 2-0 with 2 solo HR.  Tough when you are a gap hitting team.  You did a great job and made 19-4a proud.
[/quote]

If it is such a "cracker jack park" and "balls fly out of there easy", pray tell, why didn't yours?  It could be that it was a fine preformance by two pitchers, one of whom made a couple of mistakes in an otherwise great preformance.  Always a sore loser in a bunch of otherwise fine and well mannered fans.  Great job Ganders, you fought all the way, and GREAT JOB BEARS, on the win!

[quote name="bears09" post="1005950" timestamp="1304606399"]
hitman009   such harsh talk about our park.  if you don't like our ballpark, sign up for a different tournament next year.  i believe you are are in position to help make that decision over there at crosby.

...and if you are a gap to gap hitting team?  and you don't hit any balls in any gaps?  then what casey stengal?
[/quote]WOW!! I did not know it hurt your feelings about LCM ball park.  YES IT IS A CRACKER JACK! It just means that it is small and the way the wind blows off the coast, lots of balls carry out that should not be HR. 2 years ago there was like 29 HR hit in 3 days. Last year rained out, and this year like 20. And if you are a gap team, players start questioning their swing when balls that should be fly outs for the other team go out of the park, so they change there swing.  Its just a fact.  I said nothing bad about the park, great stands, the playing surface is nice, out field is great, nice dugouts.  All around great park... Just a little small and wind blows out most of the time.
It is just not Crosby parents that think it is a cracker jack park... It is EVERYONE who plays there...
And if I was in a position to change it, i might...  not good confidence for Crosby pitchers and most of the ball parks in 19-4A are bigger and wind blows in..

i'm wondering why this is such a big deal with the field. had lee's coaches never been to the field before the game? they wanted the one game series which, in turn, made the game be at lcm's field. i'm sure they knew what they were getting into and decided it was what they wanted. kinda dumb to whine about it after the fact. sometimes you get what you ask for. sounds like a great game between two very good teams. live by the sword, die by the sword. i'm sure lee's coaches aren't whining about the field.

I hate  how the Bears kept moving the fences back when Lee was at bat! ;) The truth is Lee hit nothing hard against Smith that had a chance to get to the gap at any park. Two great pitchers went at it and LCM hit 2 shots and that was the difference, not the park!

[quote name="bears09" post="1005967" timestamp="1304609500"]
elhector  hitman is not from baytown lee.  he is a crosby guy originaly with ties to kirbyville i think.
[/quote]

Yep...I see that now...always a whiner about circumstances other than the actual game, ESPECIALLY when they lose.  "Small park" talk is always brought up by those who can't hit it out of a "small park".  And the "gap" argument only works if you actually know how to hit it into the gap.  If a SS cheats a little after looking at your team's hitting, the "gaps" tend to disappear...oh wait!...is that us talking about the game itself and the players instead of superflous topics like the size of a ball park?  The young men play the game...not the blowhards in the stands.  And it is to these young men on both sides of the diamond that the congratualtions for a great game played must go.  I apologize to the Gander fans for even associating you with whiffman09.

to all of those Ganders - again great season. You have nothing to hang your head about and good luck to all the SR. I wish you all the best in your feature.

To all of those Bears - Congrats on the win. I am sure you played a great game and good luck to you in the next round.  I did not mean to take anything away from your performance when I was talking about your field.  I was just stating MO based on what I have seen over the past 20 years.  I did not mean to make this thread about LCM’s field.  I was trying to give Baytown Lee their props.
Again good luck to all in the playoffs!

[quote name="hitman009" post="1005995" timestamp="1304615631"]
to all of those Ganders - again great season. You have nothing to hang your head about and good luck to all the SR. I wish you all the best in your feature.

To all of those Bears - Congrats on the win. I am sure you played a great game and good luck to you in the next round.  I did not mean to take anything away from your performance when I was talking about your field.  I was just stating MO based on what I have seen over the past 20 years.  I did not mean to make this thread about LCM’s field.  I was trying to give Baytown Lee their props.
Again good luck to all in the playoffs!

[/quote]

hit, you can do that without the side jab at the park...that comment would be appropriate in another forum topic, but this one was about the young men from Baytown Lee.  As a parent of a young man who played for the Bears a few years back, I understand the difficulty and heartbreak of a season ending after you enter the playoffs.  So, I join you in extending a well done to both teams. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nilefa
    Newest Member
    nilefa