1st Round Playoffs Newton Vs Buna Whats the Pick?

Does anyone realize he did not compare newton to deweyvill or warren all he was saying was just that buna doesn't need to worry about who they are playing and just play. as long as everyone is doing their best its going to be a good game. That's great that everyone is putting newton on a pedestal on here but it sure as heck aint happenin in Buna Tx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were gonna come out and play to win! Newton doesn't scare us' date=' they are 15-18 year old boys playing the same game we are! I think we should just wait until saturday morning to start saying who won or lost![/quote']

Sounds reasonable to me. :P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me guys i would never under estimate a team. I give buna credit for making the playoffs. I believe they are making some progress. But im tellng you right now Buna is not going to beat Newton. All this talk about d-villle and warren last time i checked these teams are not really that great really average teams. Newton has proved to be a winner buna has not showed me nothing. Newto will win I believe by 35 points or more. New. 42 Buna 14 if Buna is lucky

You guys are smoking some serious stuff.... Are yall trying to compare to Newton to Deweyville and Warren no I don't think so guys. They are not even close to the caliber team of Newton... We are winners year in and year out.... So what you had a couple wins against some teams that win every once in a while so come on lets all be realistic Newton will win this game hands down. Newton will whipe the floor with Buna..... So you cougar fans should just enjoy the playoff berth and get ready for basketball season cause this is your last week to play football..... Newton will put up atleast 45 points on Buna.... Oh yeah and on the shutting down Deweyville's running back that yall did but we are a more balanced team with 5 different runningbacks that can break on you at any given time.... Newton is a better team all around....

Yeah yall right, Deweyville and Warren aint the team that newton is. But that aint what i said either. I said "Buna needs to come out and play like they are playing Deweyville or Warren". What that means is that Buna needs to ignore this talk about newton being the state champs and "almighty barbay". They need to come out and play this game like any other game, with one thing on their mind: EXECUTION. Buna executes+Newton plays over confident+a little luck=BUNA VICTORY

Period.

OK last comments from me on this game:

Buna should be very proud of making the playoffs for the first time in a long time. Coach Morgan is a class act, a good man and will have his players ready come Friday night. However, Newton brings too much to the table in this game, even though we are in a "rebuilding" year, we are still talented and deep at almost every position. We have the speed to take it to the house at any time plus our RBs will PUNISH defensive backs coming up for the tackle. Defensivly we are fast and physical, Buna will not be able to run outside, their only hope is dive after dive and then we will stack the box. Our down fall is that we are young, will return 16 starters next year. Can Buna beat Newton, sure they can, but it will take a near perfect game for them and Newton will have to play worse than they have all year. Not trying to knock Buna in any way, I just think that they are severly overmatched this time. Just my .02, good luck, hope both teams remain injury free and everyone drive safe.

P.S.

won't be at the game but will be listening to Newtonbroadcaster give the play by play. :D

The game will depend on who wants it more. Newton has some strong weapons , but buna has some answers. If both teams come to play it will come down to the 4th quater. The last time the coogs were in BridgeCity a big upset happened. Buna beat Bridge City 8-2. That kicked them out of the playoffs.

LIFE GIVES YOU CHOICES, YOU HAVE TO TAKE EM

Guest EagleFan01

I am amazed at you guys!!!!!!!!!!! You actually think Buna has a chance??????? NO they do not have a chance in hell, Newton is going to whipe the floor with the cougars friday night........ Buna has yet to see a team of Newton's caliber..... This is a good practice for us though to get ready for Marlin next weekend......

BHS06

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:13 am Post subject: Re: HA Ha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EagleFan01 wrote:

You guys are smoking some serious stuff.... Are yall trying to compare to Newton to Deweyville and Warren no I don't think so guys. They are not even close to the caliber team of Newton... We are winners year in and year out.... So what you had a couple wins against some teams that win every once in a while so come on lets all be realistic Newton will win this game hands down. Newton will whipe the floor with Buna..... So you cougar fans should just enjoy the playoff berth and get ready for basketball season cause this is your last week to play football..... Newton will put up atleast 45 points on Buna.... Oh yeah and on the shutting down Deweyville's running back that yall did but we are a more balanced team with 5 different runningbacks that can break on you at any given time.... Newton is a better team all around....

Yeah yall right, Deweyville and Warren aint the team that newton is. But that aint what i said either. I said "Buna needs to come out and play like they are playing Deweyville or Warren".

.........no buna needs to come out like they're playing the dallas cowboys..... lol j/k :lol: goodluck to both teams.. and congrats to buna on their accomplishments this year. (and no i'm not saying they're going to lose with that i'm being serious goodjob)

BCoogs08 Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:42 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about we stop all the talking and see what happen at 7:30 tomorrow night. I have a feeling that there will be a people on here that are going to have a different opinion after the game

Wouldn't not talking defeat the purpose of the forum? :lol:

Good luck to Buna. They are a stand up program with stand up coaches. It is hard to find a better person than Coach Morgan. I know his players will come out prepared for a great game. This is why I like High School Football so much. It gives me goose bumps. ... Lets go Eagles... PURPLE PRIDE NEVER DIES!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder