Mike Owens will not be Tyler I.S.D. Athletic Director

From smoaky.com

Mike Owens will not be T.I.S.D. Athletic Director

Tyler Lee head football coach Mike Owens was informed on Friday afternoon that his name has been removed as a candidate to become the next athletic director at Tyler Independent School District.

When contacted late Friday afternoon, Owens told David Smoak, "The director of human resources (Sharon Roy), came to my office this afternoon and told me I would not be moving on to the final round for the AD's position. She's been around here a long time like I have and I think she wanted me to know person to person what direction they were taking rather than just send some random email or letter."

When asked if he was surprised, Owens said, "What do you think?" He added, "I was told they had some finalists who have experience running multiple program school districts. I guess spending fifteen years with this school district wasn't enough experience, on top of my years running multiple schools within the athletic department in Port Arthur."

Tyler I.S.D. will continue their search with approximately 3-5 finalists as they look to replace Danny Long who left for a similar position at Conroe I.S.D.

David Smoak

[quote name="AstrosDawg07" post="998942" timestamp="1303097739"]
For those that don't know, Owens has fallen out of favor with many here in Tyler over the last few years. 
[/quote]

Details would be great. He became the head football coach and AD I believe during my junior or senior year. He really turned around a football program that had not done much damage before his arrival. Never hear much about him, but I would have thought moving to the district AD position would have been a natural progression for him.

[quote name="HSB&Rangers" post="998981" timestamp="1303132182"]
[quote author=AstrosDawg07 link=topic=83270.msg998942#msg998942 date=1303097739]
For those that don't know, Owens has fallen out of favor with many here in Tyler over the last few years. 
[/quote]

Details would be great. He became the head football coach and AD I believe during my junior or senior year. He really turned around a football program that had not done much damage before his arrival. Never hear much about him, but I would have thought moving to the district AD position would have been a natural progression for him.
[/quote]

I was on staff with him his first year in Tyler,  send me an email

[email protected]

lets see who this is!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder