Had an Idea! Texas Grand Champion

Thought it would be cool to have an all inclusive Texas World Cup or some other given name.. I kinda like the World cup name. But it would include all high school soccer programs... I would like to see how the 4a champs would fair against the 5a champs and UIL against TAPPS.. and so on and so forth to be called the true Kings or Queens of Texas.  Could rotate between Houston, Dallas and Austin.. I am not sure how many programs there are but you may have to be first, second or possibly third in your respective districts to qualify.. just thought it would be cool.

probably could get some scouts out their to take a look at the crop of Texas players all in one venue..

make it happen WOSgrad!

[quote name="rip2506" post="995188" timestamp="1302381475"]
Thought it would be cool to have an all inclusive Texas World Cup or some other given name.. I kinda like the World cup name. But it would include all high school soccer programs... I would like to see how the 4a champs would fair against the 5a champs and UIL against TAPPS.. and so on and so forth to be called the true Kings or Queens of Texas.  Could rotate between Houston, Dallas and Austin.. I am not sure how many programs there are but you may have to be first, second or possibly third in your respective districts to qualify.. just thought it would be cool.

probably could get some scouts out their to take a look at the crop of Texas players all in one venue..

make it happen WOSgrad!
[/quote]

Hahaha! RIP, your perception of my political pull far outreaches reality!

Unfortunately, the UIL has prohibitions against such post championship games as does TAPPS.  It is a grand idea and would be a good showcase.  Perhaps the idea that would more likely fall more within the UIL and TAPPS guidelines would be an all-star game in the area.

an option to consider would be having a early season tourney taking the regional finalists from all regions in 4A and 5A the previous year.  of course, the team makeups would be somewhat different than they were the year before when those teams made it that far, but you can bet that you're still going to end up with most of the best teams in the state.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor