**PN-G @ Vidor Broadcast/Game Thread / PNG Wins 2-0

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros
Haglar: 7-innings 3-Hits 1-ER 10-K's 1-BB 1-HBP

Anderson: 7-innings 2-Hits 0-ER  6-K's 1-BB 1-HBP (Gave up the 2 hits in the first two innings didnt give up a base runner until the 6th which was a walk to Maxwell)
Both pitchers did great but the difference was the 3 errors Vidor had in the field.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="991957" timestamp="1301715566"]

Anderson: 7-innings 2-Hits 0-ER  6-K's 1-BB 1-HBP (Gave up the 2 hits in the first two innings didnt give up a base runner until the 6th which was a walk to Maxwell)
Both pitchers did great but the difference was the 3 errors Vidor had in the field.
[/quote]

2 walks total, that's impressive.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="991957" timestamp="1301715566"]

Anderson: 7-innings 2-Hits 0-ER  6-K's 1-BB 1-HBP (Gave up the 2 hits in the first two innings didnt give up a base runner until the 6th which was a walk to Maxwell)
[/quote]

Hagler did pitch very well but I believed the Indians got more than 3 Hits.  Gizzi & Provost each had 2, Jalai had at least one plus others may have hits also.  My memory fails me at times.

[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="991984" timestamp="1301718750"]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=82529.msg991957#msg991957 date=1301715566]

Anderson: 7-innings 2-Hits 0-ER  6-K's 1-BB 1-HBP (Gave up the 2 hits in the first two innings didnt give up a base runner until the 6th which was a walk to Maxwell)
[/quote]

Hagler did pitch very well but I believed the Indians got more than 3 Hits.  Gizzi & Provost each had 2, Jalai had at least one plus others may have hits also.  My memory fails me at times.
[/quote]

I was only listening on the setxsports broadcast but that is all I heard. I think some of those "hits" were ruled as errors.

Guest JoesBros
Actually I mentioned it on the broadcast when Provost was coming up for his 3rd at bat. He reached on all 3 Vidor E's last night E-5 in the first, E-6 in the 3rd and a E-7 in the 6th which allowed the second run to score. Gizzi did have two hits one of them the rbi single in the fifth to break the scoreless tie. I do screw up sometimes but looking back my scorebook look normal last night for a change lol.

I'm here to tell you last night game was a pitcher's dual from the get go.  So very proud of Anderson and Hagler as I know them both very well.  It's almost unfair to pitch as well as Hagler did and lose a ball game. That boy maintained his composure throughout the game and was a professional through and through.  I was proud and humbled in the top of the 7th when he knelt on the mound and prayed before beginning the inning  True character and true grit.  Anderson as well.  Maintained composure and professionalism through a few sticky situations against a very well coached, potentially dangerous lineup.  Hat's off  to both young men.  Great ball game.  Anyone who loves this game would have enjoyed watching last night's game.

I had Provost 2 for 3.  E-5 in the first was obvious.  In the 3rd Maxwell was teasing the runner at 2nd and was out of position when the ball was hit and it was a well hit ball.  He just couldn't get there. Had he been in his normal playing position Provost would have been out because Maxwell doesn't make many errors.  In the 6th, well, obviously that was a hit and an RBI.  The ball hit the ground in front of the left fielder.

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="NDN84" post="992085" timestamp="1301764518"]
I had Provost 2 for 3.  E-5 in the first was obvious.  In the 3rd Maxwell was teasing the runner at 2nd and was out of position when the ball was hit and it was a well hit ball.  He just couldn't get there. Had he been in his normal playing position Provost would have been out because Maxwell doesn't make many errors.  In the 6th, well, obviously that was a hit and an RBI.  The ball hit the ground in front of the left fielder.
[/quote]
Ok thank you for clearing that up for me. It was hard to tell from the press box on the play by Maxwell. The guys told me the ball went off his glove and it was a E-6. You are right Maxwell is a excellent short stop and rarely makes any errors.

Vidor vs Nederland  - 000700x
Vidor vs Lumberton - 0000000
Vidor vs Ozen         - exception
Vidor vs LCM          - 3000000
Vidor vs Central      - exception
Vidor vs PNG          - 0000000

Nederland vs Vidor  - 0121000
Nederland vs PNG   - 010300x
Nederland vs Liv     - 0101200
Nederland vs Central- exception
Nederland vs Lum    - 20031xx
Nederland vs Ozen   - exception