Lumberton cuts positions!

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard from the players that they believe Coach Nikki Goad would like to change over from softball to girls basketball head coach. She has coached the Freshman girls BB team for several years, so she has experience. 

I also heard from Coach Mike Mayeaux at the Jr High, that he may speak with Coach Credeur about the job.  My older daughter had him for two years awhile back as JR high basketball coach. He is a tough coach with experience coaching girls. 

Whoever the new coach is, I wish them the very best of luck. I believe many of the players that left the program this year will return.

[quote name="slick74" post="988400" timestamp="1301098823"]
Don't know how many teachers/aids/coaches were involved with all the cuts that was announced today at school, but was told that the girls basketball coach was one of them. Anybody have any more info on this?
[/quote]

This thread is going down the same old path it always does about 3 times a year.  This has nothing to do with "administrative job cuts".  It's the same old song and dance about downing the coach.

[quote name="fiveoclocksomewhere" post="997653" timestamp="1302878498"]
Slam, I would like to know what I posted here that "downs" anybody?  The players and parents are interested in who might be coaching next year. That is all I have seen on here.
[/quote]

You haven't really thrown any daggers yet, but my point is that this will head where several others already have on nothing but rumor about Coach Wolf. (see the 43 post thread from February..."Lumberton girls coach".   Just saying...  

"You havent really thrown any daggers YET" ? WTF?

Coach Gholson is not even a part of this conversation. I wish him and his family the best with wherever he coaches next year. He is a good man with a beautiful family. All of the teachers that lost their jobs deserve prayers.

This thread was started by Slick as a discussion about who might be the new girls coach at Lumberton. His daughter plays and it is a good question for a parent to ask. The girls athletic program at Lumberton has had a problem for a few years. It is a valid discussion.

I went back and looked at the thread about "Lumberton Girls Coach" , and I don't see where I posted any "rumors" about Coach Gholson. It was actually a good discussion about how tough a high school coach should or should not be.

Isn't this is exactly what these forums are for?  Just asking.

[quote name="Slam14" post="997478" timestamp="1302818898"]
[quote author=slick74 link=topic=82293.msg988400#msg988400 date=1301098823]
Don't know how many teachers/aids/coaches were involved with all the cuts that was announced today at school, but was told that the girls basketball coach was one of them. Anybody have any more info on this?
[/quote]

This thread is going down the same old path it always does about 3 times a year.  This has nothing to do with "administrative job cuts".  It's the same old song and dance about downing the coach.
[/quote]

Slam, I don't understand why you would say that this is "downing the coach". As my headline says lumberton cuts positions! I still don't know how many teachers/aids/coaches were involved with all the cuts with the exception of about 6 people. My only ? was who would replace coach wolf.

And yes i do have a daughter who plays basketball at the school. I'm just a wondering parent just like everybody else who has a daughter playing basketball in lumberton.

[quote name="slick74" post="1001547" timestamp="1303526386"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=82293.msg997478#msg997478 date=1302818898]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Slam, I don't understand why you would say that this is "downing the coach". As my headline says lumberton cuts positions! I still don't know how many teachers/aids/coaches were involved with all the cuts with the exception of about 6 people. My only ? was who would replace coach wolf.

And yes i do have a daughter who plays basketball at the school. I'm just a wondering parent just like everybody else who has a daughter playing basketball in lumberton.
[/quote]

Slick and 5,
  My bad to some extent.  I had not yet confirmed that Coach Wolf had lost his job when I first saw this thread and thought this was just another run at rumors.  I  jumped the gun with some finger pointing.  My words were just random and not directed at anyone in particular.  Sorry if anyone thought I was aiming at them.   

Good luck to your girls and I hope you find what you want in a coach.

[quote name="Slam14" post="1001601" timestamp="1303570659"]
[quote author=slick74 link=topic=82293.msg1001547#msg1001547 date=1303526386]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=82293.msg997478#msg997478 date=1302818898]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Slick and 5,
  My bad to some extent.  I had not yet confirmed that Coach Wolf had lost his job when I first saw this thread and thought this was just another run at rumors.  I  jumped the gun with some finger pointing.  My words were just random and not directed at anyone in particular.  Sorry if anyone thought I was aiming at them.   

Good luck to your girls and I hope you find what you want in a coach.
[/quote]

Slam, Thanks for understanding our concern. Also thanks for wishing our girls good luck next season.

No prob, Slam.    Thanks for your input on these boards.

Throw another name in the hat. Coach Gerlufson(I hope I spelled it right.) I think he has been coaching boys Freshman team. I do not know him personally. 

I hope that whomever we end up with as girls head coach will get support from parents and community.  The program need re-building. As we have found out, the coach cannot do it alone. The players cannot do it alone. The parents cannot do it alone. It takes all working toward the same goal.  Best of luck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder