Are There More Down Years In Store For PNG & Ned?

Guest Indian Chief

Guest Indian Chief

Hopefully this is just a one year thing for Mid County being down. Even Nederland is down in my opinion. Especially us. Just wondering if this will continue or will we turn things around?? Need Feedback.

One thing png has to realize is they have recently lost some great asst. coaches one being Pachuca and I think Long, it takes time to find a new coach that is as good and some of the younger coaches just need some experince.(time)imo

If nederland's 9th grade wins tonite they will be district champs. C O Wilson Middle school was undefeated this year. A Southeast Texas junior football league team from Nederland comprised of 10 and 11 year olds won its Super Bowl last week. 2 other Nederland teams of 8,9, and 10 year olds in the same league win to the playoffs. This league is made up of teams from area towns such as Groves, Port Neches, Mauriceville, Lumberton, Little Cypress and others. Nederland's future is bright as these young guys are already whipping the teams they'll be playing against when they are in high school.

Holman

Please people. You can never put too much stock in how your 8-11 year olds are playing. Although i would be surprised if Nederland does not get right back on top. PN-G i really think their days of having those great teams will be few and far between now.....unless some fresh air is brought in.

If nederland's 9th grade wins tonite they will be district champs. C O Wilson Middle school was undefeated this year. A Southeast Texas junior football league team from Nederland comprised of 10 and 11 year olds won its Super Bowl last week. 2 other Nederland teams of 8' date='9, and 10 year olds in the same league win to the playoffs. This league is made up of teams from area towns such as Groves, Port Neches, Mauriceville, Lumberton, Little Cypress and others. Nederland's future is bright as these young guys are already whipping the teams they'll be playing against when they are in high school.

Holman[/quote'] That sounds like a good future ahead. Remember the Lumberton post ,"these kids havent lost a game since they were 8yrs old."

I think PNG and Nederland's dominance is on the "down" right now and will be a few years for both to recover back to thier "years" of glory. I see LCM being a powerhouse, as well as Vidor. Added to the mix, you've got Central and Dayton, and Lumberton seems to be headed in the right direction. I think there has to be some "fresh" strategies put in place for both PNG and Nederland. The days of old, Burnett and Neuman, were great, but for both teams, there needs to be some changes.

Don't put to much stock into what the younger kids are doing. Vidor's class of 2004 went undefeated in Jr. High beating all the kids they played against at the varsity level. Also they lost one game as freshmen and won district as well. Coaching is the biggest part of how well kids develop. That said I think Ned. and PNG will rebound due to good coaching.

ill give my view on this.....im expecting about the same next year as its been this year for Nederland (mostly due to inexperience with only 6 starters returning) however with the talent that ive seen on the freshman team im expecting us to be very good in 2008 and 2009 (and possibly 2010 cause 8th grade teams have alot of talent as well just dont know yet what positions theyll be playing as of yet)

Well, from the sounds of it, I think most are wanting a change, however it may come. MB is an awesome person and a true NDN, but our plays are too predictable, we need a shake up, we need another Danny Malone. We may indeed be "down", but not out, there is some great young talent on this team, should be interesting next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298