Are There More Down Years In Store For PNG & Ned?

Guest Indian Chief

Next 5-6 years should be strong for Nederland. I think with our coaching staff, the known talent that is coming through could produce special results. Things could happen, but looking right now, Nederland is going to be very,very strong.

Guest Indian Chief
Yep' date=' Malone was one of a kind. Well, it's not like he's dead, just not here!! Dang it!! I hear he's turned another HS program around in Nebraska. I'm sure there's another one like him out there somewhere, if anyone happens to find him, send him on down to The Reservation!! :)[/quote'] Wish we had him back. Hopefully we can make some changes and get back to where we need to be.

• 8 months later...

Coach Danny Malone, in my opinion, was a very good coach. He worked the kids hard and had them believing in themselves. He made a coment on channel 6 sports show on a Sunday night that every time they took the field his team thought they would win the game. It is great to instill confidence in a team. It makes them play harder and it breeds success. A lot of fans did not like Malone for whatever reason but I don't think anyone can argue that he did turn a dismal PNG program around. I saw the same thing in Bridge City with Les Johnson. He was hard on his players and coaches. Again a lot of people did not like Les, especially some of the coaches and some of the teachers. I am not a teacher or coach so I am not privy as to what went on at BC or PNG concerning their head coaches. Their reasons may have been well founded, I don't know. However, both those coaches produced excellent results.

Just young in spots.

Ned Bandit...Defensive should be our strong suit starting the season. This group potentially will be better than last season (d-line, lb's, db's). Offense might not have marquis names to start the season, but they definitely have the talent level to become a more balanced offense this year. As the season progresses, so will the offensive line. We finished the regular season 5-5 in 2006. I think we should be a tad better in the '07 season. We will have a good indication of our progress after the 3rd non-district game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami