Pick em........

Lets pick who you think should win.  Any upsets.  Which district is the toughest.  Where would Ned and PnG have finished in Lumbertons district and where would Lumberton have finished in PnG  Ned District. Here whose playing who.. I believe.

Boys

Nederland vs. Jasper
Port Neches-Groves vs. Liberty
Beaumont Central vs. Livington
Vidor vs. Lumberton

For the Girls,

Port Neches-Groves vs. Jasper
Nederland vs. Livingston
Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Hardin-Jefferson
Lumberton vs. Vidor

Guest Newbie
Boys

[b]Nederland[/b] vs. Jasper
[b]Port Neches-Groves [/b]vs. Liberty
[b]Beaumont Central[/b] vs. Livington
Vidor vs. [b]Lumberton[/b]

For the Girls,

[b]Port Neches-Groves[/b] vs. Jasper
[b]Nederland[/b] vs. Livingston
[b]Little Cypress-Mauriceville[/b] vs. Hardin-Jefferson
[b]Lumberton[/b] vs. Vidor

Boys

[b]Port Neches-Groves[/b] vs. Liberty
Beaumont Central vs. [b]Livington[/b]

Girls

Boys

Beaumont Central vs. [b]Livington[/b]
[b]Vidor[/b] vs. Lumberton

Girls

Boys

[b]Vidor [/b] vs. Lumberton

Girls

Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. [b]Hardin-Jefferson[/b]

District 38 was easily the tougher of the two.

FYI Lumberton tied PNG earlier this year (although it was scrimmage) and beat LCM 4-1. We did lose to Vidor in a scrimmage and tournament as well as Nederland. I wouldnt say that is terrible imbalanced. Not arguing that District 38 is not tougher but just stating the facts. I hope Islander that you are wrong.

Girls:
PNG over Jasper
Nederland over Livingston
LCM over HJ
Lumberton over Vidor

Guys:
Nederland over Jasper
PNG over Liberty
Central over Livingston
Vidor over Lumberton

I saw Lumberton boys play early in the season and unless they have improved (which is highly possible with CoachL at the helm) district 37 is much weaker.

Yes Nederland absolutely embarrassed (5-0  :'() us at the PNG Tournament. However tournaments happen very early in the year and the beautiful thing about those games are the video from that game and other games help us to learn from our mistakes and get better.  We watched that film and went on to beat LCM the very next game 4-1. Early games are a time when your team chemistry is still meshing and we were not yet comfortable with our new formation. Our GK made 2 bad mistakes early that resulted in a quick 2-0 lead. Then they got a PK and then scored 2 more quick goals. If you get behind a good team like Nederland early it is very difficult to overcome that.

Surely though in your district , you know that previous scores mean absolutley nothing. How many people counted Vidor out after the first round of district play?  I would be willing to bet most people did. I will tell you who did NOT... myself and Matt Wedel! Teams do get better and sometimes teams stay the same. I honestly feel we have improved since our contest with Nederland/Vidor. Is it it enough to top Vidor? I hope so. I know that they are probably the scappiest team we have played all year. It is going to be a very tough / entertaining game. If we lose, we lose to a very good team and there is no shame in that. If we win, then we have beaten one of the best and hottest teams in SETX imo.

Go Raiders  ;D

[quote name="CoachL" post="986181" timestamp="1300709532"]
Yes Nederland absolutely embarrassed (5-0  :'() us at the PNG Tournament. However tournaments happen very early in the year and the beautiful thing about those games are the video from that game and other games help us to learn from our mistakes and get better.  We watched that film and went on to beat LCM the very next game 4-1. Early games are a time when your team chemistry is still meshing and we were not yet comfortable with our new formation. Our GK made 2 bad mistakes early that resulted in a quick 2-0 lead. Then they got a PK and then scored 2 more quick goals. If you get behind a good team like Nederland early it is very difficult to overcome that.

Surely though in your district , you know that previous scores mean absolutley nothing. How many people counted Vidor out after the first round of district play?  I would be willing to bet most people did. I will tell you who did NOT... myself and Matt Wedel! Teams do get better and sometimes teams stay the same. I honestly feel we have improved since our contest with Nederland/Vidor. Is it it enough to top Vidor? I hope so. I know that they are probably the scappiest team we have played all year. It is going to be a very tough / entertaining game. If we lose, we lose to a very good team and there is no shame in that. If we win, then we have beaten one of the best and hottest teams in SETX imo.

Go Raiders  ;D
[/quote]

Even though I am a fan, I try to stay objective.  I think Vidor is the second best team in the District.  Poor draw for Lumberton.  LCM and Central would definitely have been better.  PNG slightly better.  Vidor had some tough breaks early but they adjusted.  I knew Lumberton would finish strong (I heard people discounting them pre-District -- wrong, wrong, wrong).  Will be a good game but not a good draw at all for Lumberton as the 1 seed. 

[quote name="sharkfutbol" post="985904" timestamp="1300627834"]
Lets pick who you think should win.  Any upsets.  Which district is the toughest.  Where would Ned and PnG have finished in Lumbertons district and where would Lumberton have finished in PnG  Ned District. Here whose playing who.. I believe.

Boys

Beaumont Central vs. [b]Livingston[/b]

For the Girls,

Nederland vs. [b]Livingston[/b]

[/quote]

While I have not seen Lumberton play this year, I know Coach L will have them ready to play.

Vidor's second half of district has been pretty impressive. The switch in the defense, IMO has made the difference. Barton is a ball hawk, and is very tough to get past. Gio on the left side is very quick and has maybe been Vidor's MVP of the second half of the season. Offense has had a little trouble scoring, but the chances have been there.

I say Vidor 2-1. Looking for a good entertaining game. Also the field at Lamar is absolutely amazing. The surface is perfect.

Guest Newbie
[quote name="Newbie" post="985925" timestamp="1300632618"]
Boys

[b]Port Neches-Groves [/b]vs. Liberty

For the Girls,