Will the Silsbee Tigers Boys Ever win a State Championship??

[quote name="ST4life" post="986189" timestamp="1300712216"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81853.msg985053#msg985053 date=1300480657]
The funniest thing about every time someone starts a thread like this about Silsbee, and someone from HJ says something then it always reverts back to HJ football or HJ having someone in the Olympics!!!!!

Just shows how weak minded a few people are.........it is OK that Silsbee year in and year out has likely one of the best teams in the state and yet they have NOTHING to show for it!!!!  Sucks Tiger fans, don't it!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
We have had our chances to win State Championships but we have fallen short every time
Yeah it sucks but I feel with the athletes that Silsbee puts out that it’s only a matter of time
But until that day comes we will just have settle for watching Silsbee beat HJ and winning district Championships  ;D ;D

Anybody from HJ ever in Olympics? I guess the answer to that was NO
It’s ok HJ to only have success @ the High School level

[/quote]I'm sure there is an Aesop fable somewhere that cautions the two top warring nations about a third party slipping in and taking control, while they continue to bicker ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest thing about every time someone starts a thread like this about Silsbee, and someone from HJ says something then it always reverts back to HJ football or HJ having someone in the Olympics!!!!!

Just shows how weak minded a few people are.........it is OK that Silsbee year in and year out has likely one of the best teams in the state and yet they have NOTHING to show for it!!!!  Sucks Tiger fans, don't it!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
We have had our chances to win State Championships but we have fallen short every time
Yeah it sucks but I feel with the athletes that Silsbee puts out that it’s only a matter of time
But until that day comes we will just have settle for watching Silsbee beat HJ and winning district Championships  ;D ;D

[/quote]

It's not that big of a deal to not have won a state championship.  Thats true of the great majority of teams.  Silsbee has been in a position a number of times to win it all, but have not had the luck a team needs to make that happen.  Most would give their right arm just to be in Silsbees position. My guess is that if they keep getting in the right position, it's going to happen one day.

[quote name="stevenash" post="986226" timestamp="1300717405"]
[quote author=ST4life link=topic=81853.msg986189#msg986189 date=1300712216]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's not that big of a deal to not have won a state championship.  Thats true of the great majority of teams.  Silsbee has been in a position a number of times to win it all, but have not had the luck a team needs to make that happen.  Most would give their right arm just to be in Silsbees position. My guess is that if they keep getting in the right position, it's going to happen one day.
[/quote]True. Very true.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Once again trying to deflect the fact that Silsbee has not won a state title in basketball, by bringing up the Olympics!!!  NO, HJ does not have a Olympian!!!  Does that make you feel better?

And HJ is fine with being runner up in district if it means 3 State Titles, 5 consecutive trips to Regionals, etc.

Enjoy that District Championship banner that you can hang this year in the gym, would much rather be a Regional Semifinalist than a district champ that got blown out in their first playoff game in the area round!!! ;) ;) ;D ;D

BMRM why don't you just shut your trap. You defend everthing on here. You don't have a mind of your own. Why don't you go round up some supper down at Village Creek.If HJ football sucks, it sucks. They will NEVER win district, NEVER be a power, and you will NEVER have a full mouth of teeth that are all the same color.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="986351" timestamp="1300733477"]
NFL Players from Silsbee-7 HJ-1, NBA players Silsbee-2 (with tryouts before playing over seas) HJ-0. MLB Silsbee-9 (in minors) HJ-? Walmarts Silsbee-1, HJ-drive in off 105 to Beaumont!
[/quote]Don't forget Chili's ;)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="986351" timestamp="1300733477"]
NFL Players from Silsbee-7 HJ-1, NBA players Silsbee-2 (with tryouts before playing over seas) HJ-0. MLB Silsbee-9 (in minors) HJ-? Walmarts Silsbee-1, HJ-drive in off 105 to Beaumont!
[/quote]
:D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="dogs1218" post="986358" timestamp="1300734652"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=81853.msg986351#msg986351 date=1300733477]
[/quote]
:D :D :D :D :D

[/quote]
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest jettyman
Hey Santa,  I have all my teeth and my brains, unlike you.  At first, I thought somebody would come to my defense in regards to your stupid and moronic comments but I guess I missed the memo of ignoring Bad Santa.  I have a son involved in the HJ football and I wouldn't be doing my job as a father if I didn't defend it. Although, times have been tough for the program  he has reaped some benefit of playing the sport.  I find myself typing wondering why I am even responding to you but I guess I am bored and its fun.  Have a great day

Jettyman, tell your son its not worth his time. Move him to Silsbee or WOS where he can at least have a shot at the playoffs or a winning season. That's great you have all of your teeth. Are they the original pair you were born with or a newly purchased set of dentures? Are you gumming down ice cream or chewing a nice juicy steak from The Cattle Co.  Do your family a favor and pull your kid out of the HJ football program. It will only him in the long run. Options: Gear up on Friday nights and prepare to lose 68-0? Move to Silsbee, gear up to play a game where it could go either way. Play a game or 3 in the playoffs. Play 10 games finish 1-9 and get ready for college. You tell me?

Guest jettyman
He may move to WOS and make the playoffs in football but in basketball that would be highly doubtful.  He participates in both sports, therefore, those butt whippings in football are usually redemed on the hardwood.  Its hard to find a school that has it all(success in all sports and academics).  Without a doubt, I based my decision where my kids live and go to school soley on the quality of life the enviroment will bring to them..  Life is real good, here, in Sour Lake,Tx: 2 Dollar Stores, Dairy Queen, El Jalapeno, Brookshire Brothers and most importantly our schools.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="986431" timestamp="1300742223"]
Jettyman, tell your son its not worth his time. Move him to Silsbee or WOS where he can at least have a shot at the playoffs or a winning season. That's great you have all of your teeth. Are they the original pair you were born with or a newly purchased set of dentures? Are you gumming down ice cream or chewing a nice juicy steak from The Cattle Co.  Do your family a favor and pull your kid out of the HJ football program. It will only him in the long run. Options: Gear up on Friday nights and prepare to lose 68-0? Move to Silsbee, gear up to play a game where it could go either way. Play a game or 3 in the playoffs. Play 10 games finish 1-9 and get ready for college. You tell me?
[/quote]

Well if I'm not mistaken Silsbee just barely beat HJ in FOOTBALL this last year so you still do not know what you are talking about....

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="986302" timestamp="1300728464"]
Doesn't Silsbee have like 12 Power Lifting State Titles? [b]Seriously that counts doesn't it? [/b]Also they have won a few boys/girls state track&field titles. Boys basketball have been to state 5 times and girls 4 times. Still not bad.
[/quote]No, it only counts in the [b][i]Power Lifting Forum[/i][/b].  Sorry, BS.

Guest jettyman
SHHH! Dont mention Weight Lifting on the BB forums you will get ripped to shreds.  Lol couldn't resist, sorry.  By the way, I will get back to topic, the Silsbee Tigers will win a state title in 2016.  Simply a hypothesis but most people who buy lottery tickets seem to think they have a solution to buying the winning ticket.  By the way I love me some Spring Break!