Time for Gilligan to retire

I been a lamar fan for over 20 years .i go to most every home games i can make and some away games.After tonight it time for a change.when your DH is batting under .200 and half the starters are batting under .250 it time to give others a chance to prove themselves.I have talk to alots of the players parents and they all tell me gilligan lie to them players just to get them there .He tell just what they wanted to hear.The Dewey and Mcfarland boys should get some playing time.Just for instant i talk to a player parent tonight and they told me that gilligan said everyone would get to play today.Everyone did except Mcfarland.That was wrong to not let him play because i saw his family and friends there to watch him.i talk to his dad and if they weren't going to play him they should have left him where he was playing.he had other offer.So if your child is a position player and you are from the golen triangle don't come here.I hate to say that because i am a true Lamar fan.

[quote name="racerx" post="984057" timestamp="1300327837"]
I been a lamar fan for over 20 years .i go to most every home games i can make and some away games.After tonight it time for a change.when your DH is batting under .200 and half the starters are batting under .250 it time to give others a chance to prove themselves.I have talk to alots of the players parents and they all tell me gilligan lie to them players just to get them there .He tell just what they wanted to hear.The Dewey and Mcfarland boys should get some playing time.Just for instant i talk to a player parent tonight and they told me that gilligan said everyone would get to play today.Everyone did except Mcfarland.That was wrong to not let him play because i saw his family and friends there to watch him.i talk to his dad and if they weren't going to play him they should have left him where he was playing.he had other offer.So if your child is a position player and you are from the golen triangle don't come here.I hate to say that because i am a true Lamar fan.
[/quote]

aint fall ball little league

I don't know anything about lying to recruits but I think Gilligan has done a good job this year. Much better than last year for sure. And half the starters aren't hitting below 250? In fact there are only 3 of the 9 hitters that are close. 2 of those 3 are players that hit 360 last year and are team captains. And he has worked other players in those spots but they didn't hit much better and were sub par defensively. Also he has tried just about everyone at dh. No one has done well enough to claim hold of the spot. Plus our pitching has been spectacular.

I have no problem if he wants to retire. I know he is old. I don't know anything about recruiting and how well he does there so I can't speak on that. But as far as game management and setting the lineup he has done good this year.

[quote name="jdcurran235" post="984124" timestamp="1300339883"]
I think he gets to retire when he wants to retire. He is a legend in baseball and we need to treat him as such. The Gilligan era will be over soon enough and it will be hard to replace a legend. 
[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

Nice hard to read first post! ::)

Funny last night the Dewey kid you are refering to was the only guy to go 0 fer in the first game! He went 0-3 and K'ed twice. Nice call.

And the DH in the last game went 1-2 with 3 walks and scored twice. I can see where that could be a problem.  ::)

We have all watched some of these young men grow up playing ball and it is tough when they dont get want you want for them.My son is not a position player but the only promise coach made us was that everyone would be equal on first day of practice.After that it would be up to each player where they would be.

[quote name="badndn" post="984169" timestamp="1300366247"]
Nice hard to read first post! ::)

Funny last night the Dewey kid you are refering to was the only guy to go 0 fer in the first game! He went 0-3 and K'ed twice. Nice call.

And the DH in the last game went 1-2 with 3 walks and scored twice. I can see where that could be a problem.  ::)
[/quote]Parents! ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder