24 2A All District Teams

BOYS BASKETBALL
24 AA ALL DISTRICT SELECTIONS
2010-2011

[table]
[tr][td][b]AWARD[/td][td]    [/td][td][b]NAME[/td][td]    [/td][td][b]SCHOOL[/td][td]    [/td][td][b]CLASSIFICATION[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]MVP[/td][td]    [/td][td]HORACE MCDANIEL[/td][td]    [/td][td]KOUNTZE[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]OFFENSIVE MVP[/td][td]    [/td][td]HUNTER ESTES[/td][td]    [/td][td]DEWEYVILLE[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]DEFENSIVE MVP[/td][td]    [/td][td]AUSTEN GILFILLIAN[/td][td]    [/td][td]EAST CHAMBERS[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]NEWCOMER OF YR[/td][td]    [/td][td]JAMAZDON POWELL[/td][td]    [/td][td]KOUNTZE[/td][td]    [/td][td]SOPHOMORE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]COACH OF YR[/td][td]    [/td][td]DANIEL ANDREWS[/td][td]    [/td][td]EAST CHAMBERS[/td][/tr][/table] 

[table][tr][td][b]FIRST TEAM[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]NAME[/td][td]    [/td][td][b]SCHOOL[/td][td]    [/td][td][b]CLASSIFICATION[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]CODY JOHNSON[/td][td]    [/td][td]ANAHUAC[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]CHRIS DARMOND[/td][td]    [/td][td]KOUNTZE[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]SCOTT EDWARDS[/td][td]    [/td][td]BUNA[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]ADAM DAVIS[/td][td]    [/td][td]EAST CHAMBERS[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]HANK JONES[/td][td]    [/td][td]EAST CHAMBERS[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]MARQUISE JAMES[/td][td]    [/td][td]HARDIN[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][br][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]SECOND TEAM[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]NAME[/td][td]    [/td][td][b]SCHOOL[/td][td]    [/td][td][b]CLASSIFICATION[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]JUSTIN ALBRITTON[/td][td]    [/td][td]ANAHUAC[/td][td]    [/td][td]JUNIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]CAMERON MITCHELL[/td][td]    [/td][td]ANAHUAC[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]LAKEITHAN HAYNES[/td][td]    [/td][td]KOUNTZE[/td][td]    [/td][td]JUNIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]DJ HALL[/td][td]    [/td][td]HARDIN[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]CHRIS DUMAS[/td][td]    [/td][td]HARDIN[/td][td]    [/td][td]FRESHMAN[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]KEVIN CARR[/td][td]    [/td][td]EAST CHAMBERS[/td][td]    [/td][td]SENIOR[/td][/tr][/table]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="True Blue" post="990053" timestamp="1301445291"]
As in the 1a All Dist. picks ,looks like politics played a big part here also. How does anyone think that a player can be Offensive player of the whole dist. and his team only win one dist. game. Again what a joke ??? ???
[/quote]

I agree

[quote name="HOSSFAN" post="990197" timestamp="1301451878"]
True, his stats were better than most....you may need to look at them before commenting, just sayin...
[/quote]It doesnt matter if he scored 50 points a game. If his team lost all but one game there is no way he deserved to be Off. MVP of the Dist. All that means is that the rest of the team scored nothing, or he shot ever time he got the ball. But your team has to win more that ONE game to be any MVP.

[quote name="HOSSFAN" post="990257" timestamp="1301455488"]
well, apparently this district based their picks on stats (like it should be) and not how many games the team one(which was more than one btw). Why does it bother you? You don't even have a dog in the fight!
[/quote] Well I am looking at stats also and the Davis kid from EC put up 363 points this year and he beat DV by 45 points twice. And his team won the dist. and only lost one game, were the other kid only won one game.

If he put up 363 in district games he definitely should get the nod, thats 30.25 a game which are super stats in anyones books.If he put those numbers up over a season the it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 pts a game.The Estes kid has been a solid lil player for the last several years.Sometimes it's tougher on kids on not so good teams to score because the defenses are geared to stop them.

True Blue...you are unbelievable!  You act on this forum just like you act at the ballgames :(    All District Teams are made up of the best players in the district, not the best teams. You know basketball so I know you realize this.  Hunter's stats will defend his nomination ( made by our district coaches)  and his election ( voted on by our district coaches).  By the way he also got Orange Leader Offensive MVP...go ahead and mouth about that one also.  The Deweyville Fans were proud of Evadale going to State Tourney and felt bad when they lost they did.  Why can't you support our local kids instead of putting them down.  I really hope that someone gives you a hug today...sounds like you need one!!

Like I said before the Kid did deserve All Dist. , but to say he was the best (MVP) of the Dist. when his team only won one game is not fair for the kids that did deserve it. And Like I said ,its all political. DV came in last place in a 7 team dist. that mean that 6 teams and 30 players beat them. And you going to tell me that they had the best Off. player of the whole Dist.  :o :o :o They came in LAST there no way they had any MVP playing on that team.

[quote name="whsalum" post="990291" timestamp="1301457392"]
If he put up 363 in district games he definitely should get the nod, thats 30.25 a game which are super stats in anyones books.If he put those numbers up over a season the it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 pts a game.The Estes kid has been a solid lil player for the last several years.Sometimes it's tougher on kids on not so good teams to score because the defenses are geared to stop them.
[/quote]

No player averaged over 30 points a game in this district. True Blue's stats are inaccurate.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="990456" timestamp="1301496457"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=81658.msg990291#msg990291 date=1301457392]
[/quote]

No player averaged over 30 points a game in this district. True Blue's stats are inaccurate.
[/quote] I did not say he score 363 in dist. that was his stats for the year. According to Max Preps numbers. That is 12.5 points a game. But I cant find the Kids Numbers from DV his coach must not post them.

[quote name="True Blue" post="990463" timestamp="1301496927"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=81658.msg990456#msg990456 date=1301496457]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=81658.msg990291#msg990291 date=1301457392]
[/quote]

[/quote] I did not say he score 363 in dist. that was his stats for the year. According to Max Preps numbers. That is 12.5 points a game. But I cant find the Kids Numbers from DV his coach must not post them.
[/quote]

All District teams are only based off district games, not the season. So Davis 363 points in the season is irrelevant.

[quote name="True Blue" post="990479" timestamp="1301498094"]
OK, The Davis kid scored 136 points in Dist. But better than that his team only lost ONE game... I cant find the # for the DV kid. but [b]He only Won ONE game[/b]....
[/quote]

So, Davis averaged 11 points a game in district. DV player averaged over 20 in district.

BTW, THEY only won 1 district game, not HE. ;) It's a team game, wins and losses are for the teams, not the individuals.

True Blue:  There is an MVP of the District, Offensive MVP of the District and Defensive MVP of the district.  These are from the individuals stats, not the teams win/loss record.  Come on...YOU KNOW THIS!!!!   

With that said, Here are Hunter's stats:  ( District only)
Totals for 12 games: 270 pts, 86 rebounds, 24 assist, 10 steals, 9 blocks
District averages per game:  22.5 pts, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

Total for the year:
623 pts, 234 rebounds, 80 assists, 59 steals, 16 blocks
Averages: 20 pts, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.9 steals 1/2 block

STOP SLAMMING MY SON!!!!  You are just upset because Blaine didn't get the award you thought he deserved.  He is a great player....take pride in that and stop stirring %$%@!!!!

No What I know is that the kid did deserve to be on the all dist. team, But JMO inorder to be a MVP you must play on a winning team.. Sorry that just the way I feel. Scoring all those points on a lossing team, just mean that your the best player on a bad team, Not the kids fought but it just that way. JMO a MVP Has to come from a winning program.

:-\
WOW Blue,
Trying to take credit away from a high school KID? It's not like they draw names out of a hat. The District's coaches voted for him and he deserves to be recognized.

You may not like it, you may not agree with it, you may have your opinion....but stay classy.
(and that's my opinion  ;))

well said Jumpstop! True, I think you are dead wrong about in order to be an MVP you should come from a winning team.....if that were the case there would not be individual picks, just team picks...right? If a kid is awesome and has awesome stats(better than any other kid in the district) but their team as a whole was not strong, we should punish him or her for that? hmmmmmm....I think you need to really think about what you're saying and also the motive for which you are just "giving your opinion"!

[quote name="HOSSFAN" post="990764" timestamp="1301520566"]
well said Jumpstop! True, I think you are dead wrong about in order to be an MVP you should come from a winning team.....if that were the case there would not be individual picks, just team picks...right? If a kid is awesome and has awesome stats(better than any other kid in the district) but their team as a whole was not strong, we should punish him or her for that? hmmmmmm....I think you need to really think about what you're saying and also the motive for which you are just "giving your opinion"!
[/quote]OK just think about what Your saying. A kid that playes on a winning team, that does not have to be the whole team, is being punished for playing on that winning team. But a kid that is the WHOLE team, but that team losses all but one game, is rewarded. Its eazy for a average player to shine on a bad team, but its hard for a good player to shing on a good team ,when you are around other good players. JMO if your the best off. player on the team that only lost 1 game, or even the 3 place team, you should be the dist. off. MVP. Not a player from a team that only won one game. Your saying that I am trying to put down this kid, and all I can say is what about the other kid that should have won this.. ???