24 2A All District Teams

Enough.  Hunter had an incredible year.  For all district selections coaches are not allowed to vote for their own players.  It is unfortunate that the Pirates only won two district games and finished 6th our of 7 district teams.  The coach will accept complete responsibility for the loses.  Mr. Hunter Estes is one of the finest people that I have ever known.  I would hope that we could just all honor and celebrate his acomplishments. 

Props to the kid from Deweyville, anyone who averages 20 points a game against Kountze,EC and Deweyville can play.True , I don't know where you get it's easy for an average player to shine on a bad team,that one loses me.If a team has one capable offensive threat every team they play will scheme their defense to stop him.A good player will always excel on a good team because the really good players make each other better.Talent is talent, that's why you often see kids from mediocre teams play in all star games and light it up.I didn't see Hunter this year but I saw him alot as Fresh and Soph and could tell he was gonna be a very good player then.

Have to agree.  Most players actually play better when they have better players around them. So you could argue that the other players in the district had an advantage because they were surrounded by other good players.  And if he averaged 20 a game against the other teams in district and he was Deweyvilles only threat, then that says alot.  I will agree that alot of District picks and most anything with basketball is laced with politics, but from the statements made, my opinion is the kid deserved the award.

[quote name="whsalum" post="990900" timestamp="1301544037"]
Props to the kid from Deweyville, anyone who averages 20 points a game against Kountze,EC and Deweyville can play.True , I don't know where you get it's easy for an average player to shine on a bad team,that one loses me.If a team has one capable offensive threat every team they play will scheme their defense to stop him.A good player will always excel on a good team because the really good players make each other better.Talent is talent, that's why you often see kids from mediocre teams play in all star games and light it up.I didn't see Hunter this year but I saw him alot as Fresh and Soph and could tell he was gonna be a very good player then.
[/quote] OK your giving props for averaging 20 points agains Konntze, EC, Ana. Ok they lost those games by 45 and 50 points. Just how many of those 20 points came in the 4 Qr (garbage points) with the starters from the other teams setting out??