LU Ladies vs. Central Arkansas Updates/Ladies Lose........

This team nearly lost in the first round to NWST, should be playing for a shot at NCAA Title. In women's hoops, that's the tourney that matters.

They have been playing under par the last few weeks....How many times last year did they have problems beating teams three times? They beat UTA 3 times last year (which is the only team they played 3 teams tho).

Wrong time for bad play, but it's basketball. Hope Tidwell sticks around as coach for another season and gets 1 more recruiting class in before turning it over to Wells.

This team has been playing awful for the past few weeks. I put the blame on Tidwell. It is becoming clear he can't do both jobs.
Time to find a new WBB coach. I'm not sold on Wells. He should have stepped up when Tidwell started slipping.

UNLV, this is why some people have problems with your post. No, they have not played awful. They lost to McNeese in Lake Charles in the last 3 seconds of the game. Coach Tidwell hasn't made a shot, got a rebound or made an assist. It's on the players to do those things and he has to motivate them and use the right schemes and play the right players.

Then Joey Wells is mainly over defense and they played good enough defense to win as they held Meagan Herbert the SLC POY to well below her season average for points and rebounds. Heck her team won and she is crying on the bench.

I'm a huge Jenna Plumley fan and think she is one of the best players to ever wear a Cardinal uniform but she was off her game as 1. her shots weren't falling 2. she was turning the ball over 3. she fouled out.

Kalis Loyd only scored 10 points and she is the best athlete on the team and if she doen't turn pro early will be one of the best players in Cardinal history.

Tray Smith missed at least 4-5 shots that were basically layups.

The team shot the ball under 35% and UCA shot a heck of a lot more FT but some of that was due to Lamar fouling at the end to prolong the game and hopefully UCA would choke at the line and the Cardinals could get back in the game.

Would you rather have a team like they were pre Tidwell days? Not me, and I hope he stays coaching the WBB next year. Probably won't happen and we'll probably get Wells and I hope he is ready to take over and not lose the progress of the WBB program under Coach Tidwell.

[quote name="UNLV" post="980903" timestamp="1299801609"]
This team has been playing awful for the past few weeks. I put the blame on Tidwell. It is becoming clear he can't do both jobs.
Time to find a new WBB coach. I'm not sold on Wells. He should have stepped up when Tidwell started slipping.
[/quote]

chowderhead

I don't care what you all think. None of you comes close to my IQ. This is the SLC. Lamar should have
won today by double digits. LU is the champions with their best 2 players returnig. No one in the weak sorry
SLC should have beaten Lamar. Tidwell is out as coach. PS. I don't expect you to admit you were wrong when it
happens. Just do as usual, attack me to save face.

UNLV, I look forward to most of your post. However, you sound a little Narcissistic with your last comments.

Should Lamar have won the game today. Yes, we have better coaching and two first team All-SLC players with one being last season's POY. Then we have the Newcomer of the Year and a third team All-SLC player. However, for some reason we didn't play well today offensively.

We shot 37% from the field, were 3-19 from 3 pt range and only took 6 FT's the whole game.

The team was won 25 games this year and there is still a chance Lamar plays in a post season tournament. I guess bad coaching got the team to this point?

[quote name="bigred360" post="980997" timestamp="1299811198"]
UNLV, I look forward to most of your post. However, you sound a little Narcissistic with your last comments.

Should Lamar have won the game today. Yes, we have better coaching and two first team All-SLC players with one being last season's POY. Then we have the Newcomer of the Year and a third team All-SLC player. However, for some reason we didn't play well today offensively.

We shot 37% from the field, were 3-19 from 3 pt range and only took 6 FT's the whole game.

The team was won 25 games this year and there is still a chance Lamar plays in a post season tournament. I guess bad coaching got the team to this point?
[/quote]We haven't play well for weeks. The LU team in January would have destroyed UCA today. IMO, I think Tidwell was distracted
with WAC plans and the possibility of firing his friend Roc. As much as I love Tidwell as LU coach, he can't be both coach and AD. Today proved that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder