Kirbyville vs. Center Game Thread/Kirbyville wins!

It was a district game. Do to the odd number of teams in the district they are starting it at the same time as when it was an eight team district, but each team will get a couple of "off" nights on the district schedule. Most teams scheduled games on those days as well. Kind of a weird deal, but I guess it is only for two years and then they will re-district again.

K'Ville has a great shot at making the playoffs in its first year back in 3A. Hudson and Jasper should fight for the district crown, but the wildcats have the pitching to beat anyone and could easily make it a three team race. Not sure what Central and Diboll have, but Center and Huntington appear to be rebuilding this year.

[quote name="HSB&Rangers" post="979948" timestamp="1299679353"]
It was a district game. Do to the odd number of teams in the district they are starting it at the same time as when it was an eight team district, but each team will get a couple of "off" nights on the district schedule. Most teams scheduled games on those days as well. Kind of a weird deal, but I guess it is only for two years and then they will re-district again.

K'Ville has a great shot at making the playoffs in its first year back in 3A. Hudson and Jasper should fight for the district crown, but the wildcats have the pitching to beat anyone and could easily make it a three team race. Not sure what Central and Diboll have, but Center and Huntington appear to be rebuilding this year.
[/quote]really the scheduled it like a 10 team distirct.... all 8 team distirct start next week...
and you bet those Wildcats can battle.... I would not put it past them to sneak into distirct champs... they have the tallent to compete with jasper and hudson.... go get it cats!!!

I don't know how other districts do it, but the past two years that same district has started the Tuesday of the 3rd tournament weekend. Which is what it did this year.

I would have thought they could have held off till Tuesday of next week due to having only 7 teams, but I am sure there is a reason. It also gives them time to make up rainouts at the end of the season and to play tie breaker games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder