Lamar vs Texas State .....LU WINS!!!!

The WBB team won at Texas State with Jenna Plumley knocking down 8 treys and scoring a new career high 37 points. She broke another record for career 3 pt shots.

Amazing what she has done in this program in two years!

Also, last I heard the McNeese State WBB was losing. Would be great if that held up!

We coudl actually pull off the upset at McNeese.  If we wouldn't have lost all those games in a row we would be in the tournament for sure.  Also we have played very well at the end of the season.  We are kind of on an up swing.  I just dont know if it is to little to late.

It was an exciting win, there was a lot of electricity in the air, with the Seniors.  But the biggest plus was the loud and rowdy students.  It was nice also to see some football players there too, although they have been there at other games too.
We again did lose a big lead and did nearly lose this game.  No defense.

[quote name="bigredfan2" post="976109" timestamp="1299128976"]
It was an exciting win, there was a lot of electricity in the air, with the Seniors.  But the biggest plus was the loud and rowdy students.  It was nice also to see some football players there too, although they have been there at other games too.
[/quote]

It also helps that TSU-SM, like almost all other teams, have a poor road record.

MSU has lost 1 game at home all season, and it was this week to SELA

[quote name="bigredfan2" post="976109" timestamp="1299128976"]
[/quote]
Agreed and nothing against the band, not there last night, but the piped in music during the breaks did not hurt. Some of the electricity, to me, came from the game plan... Speed. I am not a fan of using the hole team, but if the plan is to run the other team into the ground, I can see it. Last night felt different. I hope they keep letting go!

I agree. Lamar has been playing better these last 5 games. To bad the they started conference HORRIBLY! Still think Roc is leaving at the end of the year but I hope we can get in the tourney. We have proven we can play with McNeese. They needed a buzzer beater to win. Just get the job done Saturday.

[quote name="jdcurran235" post="976385" timestamp="1299168281"]
If we win and Nicholls looses we are in
[/quote]

Not necessarily. You would both be 8-8, and so would Nicholls, & SELA. Assuming UTSA loses, which you would probably also need because you've split the series with Nicholls and SELA has the advantage.

The SLC is supposed to release all the scenarios around noon, but Lamar basically has to win, and have a lot of help.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="976497" timestamp="1299171972"]
[quote author=jdcurran235 link=topic=81164.msg976385#msg976385 date=1299168281]
[/quote]

Not necessarily. You would both be 8-8, and so would Nicholls, & SELA. Assuming UTSA loses, which you would probably also need because you've split the series with Nicholls and SELA has the advantage.

The SLC is supposed to release all the scenarios around noon, but Lamar basically has to win, and have a lot of help.
[/quote]

Nicholls and SELA are both 8-7 and they play each other Saturday so one will be 8-8 after the game.  The tiebreaker rules are confusing but it looks like Lamar would get in over Nicholls due to the fact Lamar would be 1-1 against McNeese while Nicholls is 0-2 against them.

[quote name="coachacola" post="976517" timestamp="1299173228"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=81164.msg976497#msg976497 date=1299171972]
[quote author=jdcurran235 link=topic=81164.msg976385#msg976385 date=1299168281]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nicholls and SELA are both 8-7 and they play each other Saturday so one will be 8-8 after the game.  The tiebreaker rules are confusing but it looks like Lamar would get in over Nicholls due to the fact Lamar would be 1-1 against McNeese while Nicholls is 0-2 against them.
[/quote]

It's against ALL Eastern Division opponents first, and then if they are still tied, then it goes down to record against top teams.

So there's 3 spots left, your scenario goes: SELA wins, Lamar wins

That puts SELA at 9-7
Lamar and NSU at 8-8

But if UTSA loses, UTA is also 8-8, if UTSA wins, they would be 9-7. It gets really confusing after a while.

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="976664" timestamp="1299182391"]
Is that from the SLC website?
[/quote]

Yes:

http://www.southland.org/fls/18400/pdf/2011%20BASKETBALL%20SEEDING%20SCENARIOS.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=18400

It has a list of ALL POSSIBLE tiebreaking situations and where teams will be ranked.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder