New Caney coach resigns!

bobtex

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="970753" timestamp="1298466959"]
I'm not so sure about the three coaches in three years, because I believe that coach roberts was there longer than that, but yeah, this guy has greatly irritated just about everybody he's come into contact with.
[/quote]

New Caney is a terrible job.

1. Lack of Talent
2. Lack of support

Its a tough gig.  They didn't have the talent to compete in 5a, and they don't have the Talent to compete in 18-4a.  Porter will be a much stronger program....Hensely got duped by taking that Job.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="1KatKiller" post="976318" timestamp="1299165532"]
oh, now you want to come back on the forum....couldn't find you with a search warrant after Humble's loss in the play-offs.
[/quote]

You got issues kid.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="976318" timestamp="1299165532"]
oh, now you want to come back on the forum....couldn't find you with a search warrant after Humble's loss in the play-offs.
[/quote]

The season was over...i never proclaimed we would be victorious, in fact...i was out of town up until 10am that Saturday morning and barely made the game.

So with no crow to eat, and nothing to talk about after a horrific showing by Humble....Why would i come on here?  Friendswood was moving on, and Humble was Old news.  Wasn't the regular season man...

::)

You just have your boys suit up, hate to wipe the floor with them again in an embarrassing showing for Willis.

[quote name="bobtex" post="977013" timestamp="1299204448"]
Support comes with wins. As talent goes, the really good middle school students seem to move to the Woodlands, when their family suddenly got jobs in Conroe! I never figured that! I guess it was just Lucky!!
[/quote]

generally speaking you are right...However their is a real deficit of talent at New Caney.  most of the talent was those kids from the kingwood portion and cumberland subdivison of new caney isd...Which now goes to Porter High

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Go-rilla" post="981625" timestamp="1299901947"]
NC has struggled since the mid to late 90's. They had a DB named Tobias when he graduated it was over!!!!!!
[/quote]

How about Adam Dunn?  ???

• 2 weeks later...
Gorilla, your killing me. lol.  Make a Triangle from kingwood 59 to Livingston 59 to Woodlands 45 and not much inside triangle worth speaking of lately, not just NCISD.  I agree with the support thing.  NC had alot of support in the 90's when they were doing well.  I dont know too many teams that arent good that have support 

From the Conroe Courier...

After a year as an assistant, Brady Pennington was ready to be a head football coach again.

The 26-year coaching veteran got his wish a month ago.

Pennington was named the new head coach at New Caney High School, replacing Tim Hensley, who submitted his resignation in February after one season at the school.

Pennington spent the 2010 season at Porter as the assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach under Reno Moore.

“I tip my hat to coach Hensley and his staff and what they were able to do during their time here,” Pennington said. “The kids are a hardworking bunch and ready to get better. It’s definitely a situation I want to be a part of and what they did laid the groundwork for the future of the program.”

New Caney was 3-7 in Hensley’s only year on the job.

While Pennington is the new head coach at New Caney, he is not new to the position. He spent eight seasons as head coach and athletic director at Class 3A Van High School before moving to Porter prior to last season.

As head coach at Van, Pennington accumulated a 62-26 record and reached the playoffs five of his eight years at the helm. Two of the three years that Pennington missed the playoffs the team was 7-3 and 8-2. Van reached the Class 3A quarterfinals in 2008 before falling to eventual state champion Prosper 21-7.

Pennington stepped down from his position at Van in January 2010 as he wanted to help his sister take care of his ailing mother.

Pennington’s mother passed away in October and he then was open to becoming a head coach again.

One of Pennington’s top goals is to bring a bit of stability to New Caney, which has had three different head coaches in as many seasons. Pennington has spent his entire 26-year head coaching career at a total of three schools.

Pennington was an assistant at Van from 1984 to 2000, then an assistant at Brenham from 2000 to 2001 before returning to Van to be head coach from 2002 to 2009, and then finally Porter in 2010.

“I’m not a skipper,” Pennington said. “I wanted to be a head coach at a 4A program and hopefully build that program and I think this could be the place.

“It’s tough for kids to have three coaches in three years. I told the kids in our first meeting that they didn’t get to choose me and I understand that. The players for the Dallas Cowboys don’t get to choose their head coach either, it’s just the way it works, but I chose them. I wanted to come and be their coach. This was a place I felt was a good fit for me and my family.”

The football staff at New Caney will have a mix of coaches who have already been there and coaches Pennington will bring in.

Before taking over as head coach at Van the team was 1-19. New Caney has gone 6-23 in the past three seasons and hasn’t had a winning season since 2004. Pennington said he is looking forward to trying to turn things around.

“My first two or three years at Van my favorite thing was turning around the attitudes of the kids, the school and the community,” he said. “You have to change the climate at a place that has been up and down and people just want consistency.

“The first thing you have to do is get people to be proud of where they are from and then you have to work on the character of your kids. I think we’ve already started doing that a bit in my short time here. I’m real excited to try and turn things around.”

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12