Vidor Girls Coach Jacks

I was at the game...coach jacks got a technical for talking to his assistant on the bench and the official was on the other side of the court and walked over to him...the second one was with 26 seconds left in the game and the coach was in his team huddle talking to his daughter and the same official gave him another. If you knew the background of this said offical maybe it would make more sense. The official also lied to the uil about the situation...in my opinion something should happen to him about it...or maybe the uil shouldn't just take the officials side of the story. This official also coaches in Vidor's district.

[quote name="badass3" post="967914" timestamp="1297981641"]
I was at the game...coach jacks got a technical for talking to his assistant on the bench and the official was on the other side of the court and walked over to him...the second one was with 26 seconds left in the game and the coach was in his team huddle talking to his daughter and the same official gave him another. If you knew the background of this said offical maybe it would make more sense. The official also lied to the uil about the situation...in my opinion something should happen to him about it...or maybe the uil shouldn't just take the officials side of the story. This official also coaches in Vidor's district.
[/quote]
Coaches in the Vidor district?  WOW!

Surely there is game film the UIL can review and decide for themselves.

no official in any chapter is also a varsity coach. ...i doubt this unfolded the way it is being told here. officials dont just hand out tech's and lie to the uil " for the hell of it" ... i certainly dont know any of the details , and im not an official - but that story sounds fabricated.  there can be things said on the court that fans cant hear -thats prob more like what really happened.

Wow I dont see how you all can say this without being there and the official wasn't a basketball coach he coached another sport so yes it can happen! And if you wanna say jacks has a history if this check yourself first you can't say much when you haven't seen him coach over the past years and I highly doubt you have considering he hasn't been in this area in awhile. There are circumstances where an official doesn't like a coach and takes things personally. And if the fans can't hear it how is the official supose from the other end of the court. P.S. I was sitting directly behind the bench and I could hear everything not to mention coach Jacks doesn't talk very loud in the first place so everyone can always hear him ask anyone whose been to a game of his!

First off let me say that Coach Jacks has done a terrific job with the Vidor girls basketball program.  Very impressive!!! Looking forward to the next several seasons from the Lady Pirates!!! 

I have seen Coach Jacks get after his players and the officials.  He can be fierce at times......all coaches can when they feel they have been wronged.  But being thrown out is taking it too far.  All coaches should know the boundaries.  Set an example and don't take it to the extreme of getting tossed.  It's a no win situation there. 

I know of several coaches that officiate other sports they are not affliated with.  I know several baseball & basketball officials who officiate volleyball - football coaches who officiate basketball and baseball.  I could go on.  I really hope that wasn't the issue of a coach getting back at another coach by tossing him because they were district rivals????  Surely this is not being implied.

[quote name="badass3" post="968154" timestamp="1298043077"]
Wow I dont see how you all can say this without being there and the official wasn't a basketball coach he coached another sport so yes it can happen! And if you wanna say jacks has a history if this check yourself first you can't say much when you haven't seen him coach over the past years and I highly doubt you have considering he hasn't been in this area in awhile. There are circumstances where an official doesn't like a coach and takes things personally. And if the fans can't hear it how is the official supose from the other end of the court. P.S. I was sitting directly behind the bench and I could hear everything not to mention coach Jacks doesn't talk very loud in the first place so everyone can always hear him ask anyone whose been to a game of his!
[/quote]
I do know Jacks history...got run off in Blue Ridge, grandview, Needville, Athens, etc..check with the administration at those schools...it is just a matter of time in Vidor before it happens again.