• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="967890" timestamp="1297978931"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=80242.msg967863#msg967863 date=1297974776]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=80242.msg967827#msg967827 date=1297968867]
I guess there is always next year to look forward for HF
[/quote]

Can you say "Austin, Texas in March"?
[/quote]sure! What row will you and the boys be sitting? ;)
[/quote]

Dove will be  in luxury suite while his boys win it all.

[quote name="stevenash" post="967865" timestamp="1297974847"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80242.msg967862#msg967862 date=1297974753]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=80242.msg967675#msg967675 date=1297956647]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80242.msg967639#msg967639 date=1297953488]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=80242.msg967632#msg967632 date=1297952637]
I still think the biggest story about this game is that HF could have won it. 8)
[/quote] HF had a chance to win this game when they steped off the bus, they reality set in. And I have heard some HF fan saying that the coach Quit, when he let the SRs play the last 3 min. I thank he was letting the kid play their last 3 min, that they will ever play, in highschool. Whats wrong with that, its not like you had anything to play for, your season is over.Winning at that point ment nothing, but letting those kid finish their high school career on the floor, instead of on the bench is OK by me.
[/quote]OMG! The seniors had their chance. Thats what Senior day is about, isn't it. Now you want to establish or end on a winning note and carry it on to next season. Did you see HJ settle back in the game. They wanted to win. They could have lost and still went to the playoffs.
[/quote] Sorry I just think that when you have nothing to play for, why not let the Srs play the last of their high school on the floor, and not on the bench watching a Fr play that has 3 more yrs to play. I think that there is a time to play to win, but when the season is all but over let the kids play that will not have the chance to ever play again. And I also bet that if the HJ team is in the playoffs in a game that there is no chance to come back from, that those Srs, will be on the floor at the end. Not saying in a close game but one that they have no chance of comming back from.
[/quote]

Regarding your last sentence.  I would be very interested to know the range of differences in defining no chance of coming back.
[/quote] Iam saying 15 to 20 points in a game that you have been beat most of the night. You know, with 3 min. left if you realy have a chance. But  a playoff game is a lot defferent that  just a dist. game.

[quote name="hfmom08" post="967610" timestamp="1297948783"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80242.msg967548#msg967548 date=1297915137]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=80242.msg967461#msg967461 date=1297909370]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80242.msg967443#msg967443 date=1297908188]
The HJ player in question is eligible and that was never a question!!!!  

And it was requested by TASO, so they could view it!!! ;) ;)
[/quote]

Partial borrowed quote from SN -- "Are you suggesting that any type of behavior/conduct is acceptable just as long as..." you just get served with two techs and ejected and then get to come back the next game (which also happens to be a playoff game)?  No punishment other than the ejection...i guess  ::)
[/quote]

Also sounds as if the HF was baiting the HJ player trying to get him kicked out and possibly suspended for the next game!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah right...It doesn't take anyone baiting that HJ player with the attitude he has.
[/quote]

if it was an HJ player elbowing  kids from HF, then turning and running head on at the HF kid he'd just elbowed, you'd be just as upset if one of your kids that you care so much about got kicked out, especially if he didn't start anything, and ESPECIALLY if people then started trying to make a case as to why he should be suspended for the first game of the playoffs.  I don't think that's an unfair assessment.  In fact, I doubt it is, because it's obvious how much you care for those boys.  You should expect the same from HJ fans in the same situation.

LAZEEK - I believe in right is right and wrong is wrong.  I'm not protecting anyone just speaking from what I saw and just like with any other situation no one really knows what all was said or done but the three people directly involved and that doesn't include you, me, other players, coaches, officials nor fans.  

AAW - sorry I read the "conspiracy theorist" comment as it was directed at HF (guess I'm too quick to defend my schools/community)...I'll let LAZEEK have it since you were directing it towards him.  ;)

bullets - I can and will tell you this - if an HF kid acted like that and was handed double techs then ejected it would not be ok with me but not for the reason you're thinking - I would be more embarrassed that one of our kids acted in that way and didn't control his/her emotions.  I can tell you that the discussion was had in my house with my own kids after this incident that just because someone says something to you or even hits you it doesn't give you the right to retaliate.  On the court/football field/baseball field and especially in life you have to learn to "play the game" and not let people get in your head.  Someone mentioned that the one who retaliated was the one who got ejected and that it wasn't fair.  So tell me, if you retaliate in the game of life and do someone something will you not be the one who gets in trouble with the law?  Same concept (officials = the law)

TB - you contradict yourself.  You say if you have nothing to play for then let the seniors play.  This was a close game and there was a chance to come back (and win).   Then you say down by 15 to 20 with 3 min left you have a chance to win.  Well that's the exact situation HF was in so I would say they did have something to play for even if it was just bragging rights in this big rival game and finally showing people that we have just as much talent at HF.

[quote name="dawg13" post="967903" timestamp="1297980457"]
Excuse me sir,I think you have to win district games to make it to the playoffs.
[/quote]Sounds to me your a little late to this dance, We are taliking about a team that has NO chance of playing another game, and its the last game of the year, and the last 3 min. I see nothing wrong with letting the Srs finish the game on the floor, and not on the bench watching a Fr, or So, play. And as for saying trying to win to carry over to  next Yr is foolish. Most kids could care less what happen last yr. And unless you win state, ;) every team will lose their last game. ;D

TB - [color=blue]you contradict yourself.  You say if you have nothing to play for then let the seniors play.  This was a close game and there was a chance to come back (and win).  Then you say down by 15 to 20 with 3 min left you have a chance to win.[/color]  [b]Well that's the exact situation HF was in so I would say they did have something to play for even if it was just bragging rights in this big rival game and finally showing people that we have just as much talent at HF[/b]                                                                                                                                                                       What are you playing for??  You had no chance of playing another game. So who is the bragging rights for?? Those Fr, So, Jr?? They have a few yrs to beat the great HJ, but those Sr will never play again. Come on look at the big picture.

[quote name="True Blue" post="967928" timestamp="1297983857"]
TB - [color=blue]you contradict yourself.  You say if you have nothing to play for then let the seniors play.  This was a close game and there was a chance to come back (and win).   Then you say down by 15 to 20 with 3 min left you have a chance to win.[/color]  [b]Well that's the exact situation HF was in so I would say they did have something to play for even if it was just bragging rights in this big rival game and finally showing people that we have just as much talent at HF[/b]                                                                                                                                                                       What are you playing for??  You had no chance of playing another game. So who is the bragging rights for?? Those Fr, So, Jr?? They have a few yrs to beat the great HJ, but those Sr will never play again. Come on look at the big picture.
[/quote]

I already answered the question of what we were playing for.  The big picture is more than just being about playing another game THIS SEASON...it's about the future and the future lies with those Fr, So and Jrs.  With that being said I am looking at the big picture.

[quote name="hfmom08" post="967967" timestamp="1297988962"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80242.msg967928#msg967928 date=1297983857]
TB - [color=blue]you contradict yourself.  You say if you have nothing to play for then let the seniors play.  This was a close game and there was a chance to come back (and win).   Then you say down by 15 to 20 with 3 min left you have a chance to win.[/color]  [b]Well that's the exact situation HF was in so I would say they did have something to play for even if it was just bragging rights in this big rival game and finally showing people that we have just as much talent at HF[/b]                                                                                                                                                                       What are you playing for??  You had no chance of playing another game. So who is the bragging rights for?? Those Fr, So, Jr?? They have a few yrs to beat the great HJ, but those Sr will never play again. Come on look at the big picture.
[/quote] So realy what your saying is that your glad those kids, that have played for 4 years are gone. Just throw them out with the dish water. Because its all about the 2012 and 2013 State Champs ::) ::)

I already answered the question of what we were playing for.  The big picture is more than just being about playing another game THIS SEASON...it's about the future and the future lies with those Fr, So and Jrs.  With that being said I am looking at the big picture.
[/quote]

[quote name="hfmom08" post="967925" timestamp="1297983071"]
LAZEEK - I believe in right is right and wrong is wrong.  I'm not protecting anyone just speaking from what I saw and just like with any other situation no one really knows what all was said or done but the three people directly involved and that doesn't include you, me, other players, coaches, officials nor fans.  

AAW - sorry I read the "conspiracy theorist" comment as it was directed at HF (guess I'm too quick to defend my schools/community)...I'll let LAZEEK have it since you were directing it towards him.  ;)

bullets - I can and will tell you this - if an HF kid acted like that and was handed double techs then ejected it would not be ok with me but not for the reason you're thinking - I would be more embarrassed that one of our kids acted in that way and didn't control his/her emotions. [b] I can tell you that the discussion was had in my house with my own kids after this incident that just because someone says something to you or even hits you it doesn't give you the right to retaliate.[/b]  On the court/football field/baseball field and especially in life you have to learn to "play the game" and not let people get in your head.  Someone mentioned that the one who retaliated was the one who got ejected and that it wasn't fair.  So tell me, if you retaliate in the game of life and do someone something will you not be the one who gets in trouble with the law?  Same concept (officials = the law)

TB - you contradict yourself.  You say if you have nothing to play for then let the seniors play.  This was a close game and there was a chance to come back (and win).   Then you say down by 15 to 20 with 3 min left you have a chance to win.  Well that's the exact situation HF was in so I would say they did have something to play for even if it was just bragging rights in this big rival game and finally showing people that we have just as much talent at HF.

[/quote]

Thank you for confirming my speculation!!!! ;) ;) ;D ;D

So realy what your saying is that your glad those kids, that have played for 4 years are gone. Just throw them out with the dish water. Because its all about the 2012 and 2013 State Champs ::) ::)
[/quote]

TB  - please don't put words in my mouth.  You have not heard me say that nor have I posted that on this board.  I said what I meant and that was that we wanted a win - especially against a home town rival and to show people we have talent. 

[quote name="hfmom08" post="968054" timestamp="1297999914"]
[/quote]
So realy what your saying is that your glad those kids, that have played for 4 years are gone. Just throw them out with the dish water. Because its all about the 2012 and 2013 State Champs ::) ::)
[/quote]

TB  - please don't put words in my mouth.  You have not heard me say that nor have I posted that on this board.  I said what I meant and that was that we wanted a win - especially against a home town rival and to show people we have talent. 
[/quote]

[quote name="hfmom08" post="968055" timestamp="1297999955"]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=80242.msg968054#msg968054 date=1297999914]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]No... What you said was... That the win, to a team that is going no were, was more important than the kids that have played for 4 yrs, finishing their high school on the floor and not on the bench >:(

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="967115" timestamp="1297873655"]
HF player throws an elbow into HJ players back on a blockout situation....HF scores and as HJ player is running down the floor you see HF player (who is way ahead of said HJ player) circle all the way back around and run back down the floor (in the wrong direction) and go meet HJ player right in front of half court and HJ player is not even looking....he turns at the last second and sees the kid running at him and puts his forearm in the kids chest ....then they tech HJ player.....and HJ player gets chest to chest with HF player and HF player does not back away and they call the second tech on HJ player...........

Nice job of officiating!!! ::) ::) ::)

Always getting the retaliator instead of the instigator!!!!!
[/quote]
Shawn is not going to backdown but it's good that HJ was able to pull out the win.  Go Hawks!!! 

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="968052" timestamp="1297999775"]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=80242.msg967925#msg967925 date=1297983071]

bullets - I can and will tell you this - if an HF kid acted like that and was handed double techs then ejected it would not be ok with me but not for the reason you're thinking - I would be more embarrassed that one of our kids acted in that way and didn't control his/her emotions. [b] I can tell you that the discussion was had in my house with my own kids after this incident that just because someone says something to you or even hits you it doesn't give you the right to retaliate.[/b]  On the court/football field/baseball field and especially in life you have to learn to "play the game" and not let people get in your head.  Someone mentioned that the one who retaliated was the one who got ejected and that it wasn't fair.  So tell me, if you retaliate in the game of life and do someone something will you not be the one who gets in trouble with the law?  Same concept (officials = the law)

[/quote]

Thank you for confirming my speculation!!!! ;) ;) ;D ;D
[/quote]

You're wrong again...but that's what you all do on this site is speculate  :D :D :D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="968290" timestamp="1298054525"]
Whew! You guys have been busy on here. Trueblue, let me put this in another perspective and hopefully you will understand. Some teams are winners and some are champions. Its about attitude

[/quote] I hear what your saying, But for a team that is going no were, why not let those few kids spend their last 3 min. to ever play highschool ball on the floor and not on the bench. A win or close game will not mean near as much to those underclass men, as playing there last 3 min will to those Srs...JMO for what its worth.

[quote name="True Blue" post="968291" timestamp="1298054931"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=80242.msg968290#msg968290 date=1298054525]
Whew! You guys have been busy on here. Trueblue, let me put this in another perspective and hopefully you will understand. Some teams are winners and some are champions. Its about attitude

[/quote] I hear what your saying, But for a team that is going no were, why not let those few kids spend their last 3 min. to ever play highschool ball on the floor and not on the bench. A win or close game will not mean near as much to those underclass men, as playing there last 3 min will to those Srs...JMO for what its worth.
[/quote]

it made me throw up in my mouth a little bit, but i think i actually agree with TB.  uh oh.

[quote name="bullets13" post="968323" timestamp="1298058323"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80242.msg968291#msg968291 date=1298054931]

[/quote]

it made me throw up in my mouth a little bit, but i think i actually agree with TB.  uh oh.
[/quote] ;D :D ;D :D ;) :o :o :o

[quote name="bullets13" post="968323" timestamp="1298058323"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80242.msg968291#msg968291 date=1298054931]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Be careful now.  With all of this talk of "compassion" and "kum bay yah" thoughts, this board is becoming too liberal.

[quote name="True Blue" post="968291" timestamp="1298054931"]

[/quote]But TB, the starters didn't start the 4th qtr AND HJ LOST THEIR MAIN PLAYER in the 3rd qtr. HF didn't take advantage of the situation. From what I was hearing from last year and this year, loing becomes a habit and is expected at HF. The situation at HF is bigger than allowing seniors to play in the last game. They had their chances. Its about building a good winning attitude.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder