Beaumont Kelly vs. Dallas Ursuline Girls Match Thread/Kelly's season ends

WOSgrad

[quote name="twag11" post="965279" timestamp="1297535666"]
Any word on final?
[/quote]

Ursuline up 7-4 with 5 minutes left... Lady Dawgs score 2 in final 2 minutes... just a little short...

Final score 7-6!

At five minutes left I could not hold back the tears knowing this was Zuri's last game as a Kelly Student.. but what really had the tears flowing was they were down by 3 and they would not give up!  They took my tears to cheers when they kept pouring in the goals...

Best game I have witnessed.

RIP Could not agree with your more. These girls played with more heart than I have ever seen in any game. They kept fighting and would not give up. I am so proud of our girls and what they have accomplished over the years since way back when  they were on their little tournament team. They have given us so  much joy to watch over the years and have turned out to be wonderful young ladies on and off the field.  Thank you Madeline, Teilor, Zuri, Claire, Jenny and Yazzy for the memories. We love you!!!!!!
For the up and coming who scored three of the six goals and for our defenders who worked so hard today you have some big shoes to fill, but just imagine it..... and it will happen.

Go Dawgs.

Kelly...........2  4  6
Urusuline.....3  4  7

Kelly goals: Jillian Ryall(2) Yasmine Afshar, Tara Austin, Zuri Prince, Claire Dykeman
Kelly assists: Madeline Horning(2) Afshar, Prince
Kelly saves: Stephanie O'Neal(7)

Kelly season record: 12-5

This match was played on Ursuline's home field in Dallas. The Bears have six seniors who have earned college soccer scholarships including schools in the Big 12, Big East and SEC. They also start at least two underclassmen who will play major D-1 soccer. Ursuline has won 21 private school state championships in a row and are annually considered one of the best teams in the state and country. For Braveheart fans, they are 10 feet tall and spew fire. Your Lady Dawgs went to the lion's den.
It was a gorgeous day for soccer. Forty degrees at game time with a clear sky and little wind. Oh my, what a privelege to witness for the fans who made the trip.
Caoch Brittney Burdick had the girls ready to play. Unintimidated by the atmosphere, Kelly drew first blood when Freshman Jillian Ryall scord off a long, high cross from Zuri Prince. We then witnessed the machine which is Ursuline. They attacked and attacked and scored the next 3 goals in 30 minutes. The Bears switch the field and play up the sides with crosses to the middle as well as any high school team which you will see. They use multiple substitution players and are as deep as they are talented. Kelly was clearly on its heels until 38 minutes when Caitlin Quinn was thrown to the ground in the box and Yasmine Afshar put a penalty kick in the corner of the net. Kelly goalie Stephanie O'Neal finished with 7 saves, most of which were in the first half. 3-2 Ursuline at the break.
Each team scored 4 goals in the second half and Ursuline ultimately prevailed 7-6. Kelly's next goal was a tactical header from Tara Austin off a Madeline Horning corner kick with Claire Dykeman sealing off the Bear goalie. Ryall score again with a sweet crossover move in front of the goal but the Lady Dawgs trailed 7-4 at 75 minutes. Kelly never quit playing hard all game long. Seniors and long-time teammates  Prince and Dykeman each scored in the last five minutes to make it 7-6. I guarantee you that Ursuline was relieved when time expired.
Those who were fortunate enough to witness this effort were rewarded by a great effort from a group of girls who left everything on the field.
The only thing else which I can say is "Thank You" to the six seniors on this team. The memories you have created will last a lifetime. Yasmine Afshar, Claire Dykeman, Jenny Hernandez, Madeline Horning, Teilor Long and Zuri Prince lettered for 4 years. It has been a honor to watch them play.

Anyone not understanding.. THIS WAS THE KELLY GIRLS state championship game.  I was so into the game I had an ex player there. I made him leave his phone on so i could listen to the final minutes.  Just because its amazing they put six on  team that probably has NEVER had anyone put 6 in on them in the last ten years.  WAY TO GO KELLY GIRLS.. Makes the kelly nation proud.  NEVER GIVE UP.. way to go ladies proud of you ..

[quote name="sharkfutbol" post="965545" timestamp="1297568662"]
Anyone not understanding.. THIS WAS THE KELLY GIRLS state championship game.  I was so into the game I had an ex player there. I made him leave his phone on so i could listen to the final minutes.  Just because its amazing they put six on  team that probably has NEVER had anyone put 6 in on them in the last ten years.  WAY TO GO KELLY GIRLS.. Makes the kelly nation proud.  NEVER GIVE UP.. way to go ladies proud of you ..
[/quote]

Amen!  Best game I have ever witnessed... There is not an Alaphabet in exsistence to describe the grade for effort! A to the one millionth 
power would not come close.

Big Kudo's to Mike Hughes for planting and nurturing the seeds which became these great ladies. It was a decade long process.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder