Lamar men vs Southeastern/LAMAR LOSES 89-87!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another disappointing loss.  Chances to win numerous times.  But got out coached, definitely.  No defense when we needed it.  They shot or drove the basket at will.  Another thing that was glaring was some very bad refs. Just my opinion...just saying...they used the replay to check the final shot, but I would like to see the out of bounds play under our basket.  I thought it was out of bounds on them and we should had the ball.

[quote name="bigredfan2" post="960415" timestamp="1296709646"]
Another disappointing loss.  Chances to win numerous times.  But got out coached, definitely.  No defense when we needed it.  They shot or drove the basket at will.  Another thing that was glaring was some very bad refs. Just my opinion...just saying...they used the replay to check the final shot, but I would like to see the out of bounds play under our basket.  I thought it was out of bounds on them and we should had the ball.
[/quote]
I wouldn't say that it was bad officiating as far as the calls go since it was pretty even, but I thought they called two seperate games. First half let 'em play, second half called everything. Had nothing to do with the loss. You go up 12 with a group on the court, take 'em out then loose the lead and that group sits until late in the game, even then only coming in for a about a minute?

I'm done. Won't be going to the remainder of the home games and will not re-purchase my season tix next year if Rocaforte is back! He had his shot and failed miserably. Best recruiter in the country...Worst coach!

[quote name="badndn" post="960457" timestamp="1296740685"]
[quote author=bigredfan2 link=topic=79711.msg960415#msg960415 date=1296709646]
[/quote]
I wouldn't say that it was bad officiating as far as the calls go since it was pretty even, but I thought they called two seperate games. First half let 'em play, second half called everything. Had nothing to do with the loss. You go up 12 with a group on the court, take 'em out then loose the lead and that group sits until late in the game, even then only coming in for a about a minute?

I'm done. Won't be going to the remainder of the home games and will not re-purchase my season tix next year if Rocaforte is back! He had his shot and failed miserably. [b]Best recruiter in the country[/b]...Worst coach!
[/quote]

Only reason ROC ever got dubbed "Best Recruiter" was because he was an assistant to Calipari at Memphis and I am sure they were doing some shady stuff.........now he is at a Southland school and cannot use the Calipari name, the Memphis school and do crap under the table.  All that shows is that I could have recruited those kids to Memphis as he did!!!!! ;D ;D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="960529" timestamp="1296746552"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=79711.msg960457#msg960457 date=1296740685]
[quote author=bigredfan2 link=topic=79711.msg960415#msg960415 date=1296709646]
[/quote]

I'm done. Won't be going to the remainder of the home games and will not re-purchase my season tix next year if Rocaforte is back! He had his shot and failed miserably. [b]Best recruiter in the country[/b]...Worst coach!
[/quote]

Only reason ROC ever got dubbed "Best Recruiter" was because he was an assistant to Calipari at Memphis and I am sure they were doing some shady stuff.........now he is at a Southland school and cannot use the Calipari name, the Memphis school and do crap under the table.  All that shows is that I could have recruited those kids to Memphis as he did!!!!! ;D ;D
[/quote]
The talent level has been an upgrade. I have to give Rocaforte credit for the level of athlete he has brought in. Problem has been once they get here he breaks their will and can't put them in a position to win!
Some of the plaers he has recruited that we had not had in years before:
Lamar Sanders
James Davis (left early)
Darren Hopkins
Kenny Dawkins
Jay Nabors
Devon Lamb (love his energy)
Mike James (Talented, but plays a little outta control)

I counted 7 different guys that have scored 20+ points in a game this year for LU. I doubt that many teams in the country can say that. We have the talent!

Roc can only recruit JUCO talent.  If you count the 2 or 3 years he was recruiting for Tubbs before being named head coach, what HS talent has he brought in?  Roc needed to bring in Memphis level talent to overcome his coaching disability.  You bring in a bunch of JUCO players to win instantly and Roc can't even do that!

Guest tappedout
I am also through with Lamar until something is done. I will not repurchase my ticket's as long as Roc is still there. Simmon's should have let Tubb's fire Roc last year when he wanted too.

[i][/quote]
The talent level has been an upgrade. I have to give Rocaforte credit for the level of athlete he has brought in. [size=12pt][b][size=14pt]Problem has been once they get here he breaks their will[/size] [/b] [/size] and can't put them in a position to win!
Lamar Sanders
James Davis (left early)
Darren Hopkins
Kenny Dawkins
Jay Nabors

I counted 7 different guys that have scored 20+ points in a game this year for LU. I doubt that many teams in the country can say that. We have the talent!
[/quote][/i]

I agree with you.  And I think that it is interesting you say he "breaks their will", I also agree.  As I stated before about his rants, he likes to show its my way or not way.  One of the open practices, before the season started, we saw a great practice, salivated as to what we saw, excited about the season.  At the end of that practice he had them run the suicide drill, of course it would also be for conditioning, but why he ranted and belittled them, I don't know.  On the way out someone, met us going out and said he wished he had not seen that. We agreed.
 Which is another thing, how many to you believe will be back next year, if Roc stays.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="960644" timestamp="1296756026"]
And yes he has brought in some good talent and better talent than others recruited to LU before him.......that should translate to more winning also, and that is not happening!!!!!!  So only one thing to blame.............the coach!!!!!
[/quote]
He's Grey Giovanne reincarnated.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="960672" timestamp="1296758428"]
The JUCO transfers will most likely stay.........if they leave they are DONE with basketball as they wont be able to transfer anywhere else except for a D2 School!!!!
[/quote]

I bet BCG could put together a good season next year with all these JUCO players.  It will also give him a year to recruit in own players for the big leap to the WAC.  (I also can't wait to see LeFrederick Ford in a LU uniform next year!  ;D)

Guest Cards R Us

The talent level has been an upgrade. I have to give Rocaforte credit for the level of athlete he has brought in. Problem has been once they get here he breaks their will and can't put them in a position to win!
Lamar Sanders
James Davis (left early)
Darren Hopkins
Kenny Dawkins
Jay Nabors

[/quote]

It seems as though Roc is emotionally abusive towards his players.  In conversations with his guys, they repeatedly talk about his tirades, and how he benches them for no reason, belittles them in front of other coaches and players, and then later when he's not upset at them he gives them minutes.  For young talented players, this is no way to run a team.

I agree. Next time the very talented Mike James takes one of those forced "hurry-up-wild-ass ridiculous-shots", he should be patted on the back and told that we all make mistakes...and that as John Lennon once wrote, "All we need is love..."........I think then a mandatory two day sentence in the Lamar College of Liberal Arts is in order!

[quote name="lefty3162" post="960901" timestamp="1296790175"]
So if We quit going to games what message are We sending? We don't like Roc or We don't like players, We don't like Lamar or We don't like the way Tidwell is responding to our complaints? so lets just take our ball and go home.
[/quote]
All of the above!!!!

It's my money I'll spend it how I want to!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn