Diboll vs. Jasper Game Thread/Diboll wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Its just the first half of district.  But it stands Hudson at 5-0 and Center (if they beat Kirbyville) at 4-1.  They play each other next week so Hudson will be 6-0 or 5-1 and Center will be 4-2 or 5-1.  Diboll is 3-2 and has Kirbyville Friday(which should be a win) that will put them at 4-2, Jasper is 3-3 and Huntington is 2-3 with Central next week.  If they win, they go to 3-3 if they lose the go to 2-4.  Central would go to 1-5 or 2-4.  Kirbyville is winless.
Looks like Hudson, Center, Diboll, (Huntington/Jasper/Central) Kirbyville in that order to finish first half of district. Huntington has the tiebreaker over Jasper unless they lose which would put them at a lower record.  2nd half will be more telling.  Some teams will have more home games the 2nd half.
I wouldnt count anyone out.  Diboll, Huntington, Jasper, Central all have a chance at the 3rd spot.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="950919" timestamp="1295412694"]
...  Diboll, Huntington, Jasper, Central all have a chance at the 3rd spot.
[/quote]

Disagree, at least in [b]Diboll, Center, and Jasper's [/b] case. They are each shooting for more than third, I promise you that. If they aren't they shouldn't be out there. Hudson does not have this wrapped up by any means...they may well win it, but it is far from over. Those three teams are each capable of knocking Hudson off...and no way does Center have second wrapped up either. The second half will be very entertaining...and its wide open, IMO. Get out and watch an 18-3a game. Very interesting high school basketball. 

The previous reports of Jasper's problems with the score keeping and clock management turned out to be if anything, [b]understated[/b].  It was atrocious. I read the previous threads on this forum about other recent games there, especially the Center game and was warned by more than one person to watch out for the problems. I now understand where they were coming from. Someone in an official capacity needs to look into this. It is a very serious concern. The girls game was fraught with clock problems and baskets that were not counted (always in Jasper's favor). The boys game that followed was equally fraught with problems. Incorrect foul assignments, baskets not counted until officials protested, and perhaps the most blatant late in the game during a time-out the time keeper failed to start the time-out clock...then started it about 30 seconds late (yes, it was a 20 second time out) then let it run several seconds after the ball was actually thrown in bounds. So, there we sat watching the time-out clock tick down while play was actually going on. Couldn't say for sure how much extra time Jasper received out of that little incident, but it was several seconds. It could very well have changed the outcome of the game, but fortunately it did not. It was totally amazing.

The problem needs to be addressed and hopefully the good folks in Jasper will do something about it.

Bring on the second half....a great 18-3a race.

Meadowlark, I clearly said that is the way it stands for the first half of district.  As for Hudson and Center having 1st and 2nd wrapped up, who knows, it sure looks they way now.  They have a second half to play and Hudson beat yall 20 and Center beat yall 8.  Nothing is set in stone but things look more probable one way than they do the other.  So to say that Diboll has a chance at 2nd is one thing but it looks more probable that they will get the 3rd spot if they get it.  You are biased toward Diboll because that is your team, that is understandable.  Look at this from the bigger picture. 
I have no allegience whatsoever to Central but I will go on record that they have 4 home games next half of district.  They have played everyone to within 8-10 points and league leader to within 1.  Central will play a role in who makes the playoffs.  They will be good for the next 3-4 years.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="950976" timestamp="1295434927"]
... You are biased toward Diboll because that is your team, that is understandable.  Look at this from the bigger picture...
[/quote]

You have your opinions and I have mine. I absolutely stand by my opinions and it is my opinion that Jasper, Center,  and Diboll all have realistic shots at finishing above third place in district....and also that, although a long shot at this point, each of those teams have chances at knocking off Hudson from the top spot.

That is a big picture view and is not biased towards any one team...smite away.  ;D

Thats all I was saying, if you look at it from the standings, yes anything can happen and Diboll, Jasper, and Center especially could get 2nd.  Huntington or Central could get second.  There are still games to be played.  Anything could happen, I posted the standings and what it looked like from the first half of district and you start attacking.  Things are possible and things are probable, I was just coming from the probable standpoint, but I know anything in basketball can happen. Played and watched too many games.  I will save my smite for later.

Who do you pull for if you dont for Diboll(you said you had no allegience), it just seems most of your posts are for Diboll as mine and no looks are for Huntington?  And thats cool, everyone has a team they pull for.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="951083" timestamp="1295452745"]

Who do you pull for if you dont for Diboll(you said you had no allegience), it just seems most of your posts are for Diboll as mine and no looks are for Huntington?  And thats cool, everyone has a team they pull for.
[/quote]

I am a fan of basketball. It is one of my passions. I enjoy everything about it at all levels especially the NBA and  especially coaching aspects having coached myself some.  I root for good basketball, good sportsmanship, fair play, and good hard competition...the rest is just window dressing.

I too have coached and continue to, more than likely have coached more than you, I dont understand what that matters though.  I particularly dont like NBA ball. That is for another thread though.  It just seems you are for Diboll which is fine.  I just think you were taking the statments a little too much to heart.  I was basically just giving an account for the first half of district and what looks probable. It would have been a little different if I would have said Hudson wins the district and Center 2nd and everyone else is fighting for 3rd.  But I didnt, I said it is shaping up that way. That was all I was putting out there,  I wasnt trying to upset anyone.  No look, you are correct that if Center loses they would have the same record as Diboll but Center would still have the edge because they beat Diboll, at least the first half.  And that is that.
The second half should be interesting.
And so you know I have gotten out and watched alot of games this year as you suggested, every Tuesday and Friday night.  And some on the weekends. 

Lloyd Christmas: "Whats the chances of a girl like you and a guy like me winding up together"?
Mary Swanson: Oh, I would say ...abouttttt one and a million."
Lloyd: "Soooooooooo, you're saying there's a chance!".........................lol....I think everybody except maybe Kirbyville still has a decent shot......There will be several big games next round. The Diboll @ Huntington game could be the difference for both clubs. meadowlark, where will the Diboll Center game be played?

[quote name="no-look" post="951185" timestamp="1295462443"]
Lloyd Christmas: "Whats the chances of a girl like you and a guy like me winding up together"?
Mary Swanson: Oh, I would say ...abouttttt one and a million."
Lloyd: "Soooooooooo, you're saying there's a chance!".........................lol....I think everybody except maybe Kirbyville still has a decent shot......There will be several big games next round. The Diboll @ Huntington game could be the difference for both clubs. meadowlark, where will the Diboll Center game be played?
[/quote]

The next Diboll vs Center game is at Diboll.

Not everyone may be aware but Diboll and Center played in a tournament earlier and the game went into overtime and came down to the last shot for Diboll which they missed. Then as most are aware Center beat Diboll by about 8 in Center.  The teams are about as evenly matched as you can get. I usually figure home court is worth about 10 points, but of course that isn't always the case, especially with HS games.

As I've been saying all this district season, road wins are what separate teams. If Center wins at Diboll, other things being equal, you can stick a fork in 'em cause Diboll will be done as far as top two goes.

The Diboll win over Jasper was huge for them; that win offset somewhat their home loss to Hudson and kept them in the race. 

The Center /Diboll will be a big one.....If I'm reading the schedules right, Central has five out of their last six at home...Center has four out of six at home .....both Diboll and Huntington has three of six at home... Jasper has two of six at home......and Hudson two of six at home....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder