***POST BOYS TOURNMENT SCORES HERE***

[quote name="spectator14" post="949046" timestamp="1295142675"]
And there was a bit of a brawl..[b] Heard Brenham had it coming[/b]. ::)
[/quote]Haha! That's funny. The PNG fans harrassed the Brenham players all night. Called them names, told them they sucked and told one player he was gay. The whole time hollering about their all state goalie. This was all funny until Brenham scored the second time. After the goal was scored, PNG's keeper starts swinging at the Brenham player. The keeper should have been red carded. All of the sudden the harrassing wasn't funny. PNG's keeper is an outstanding player but he needs to work on controlling his emotions.

[quote name="reccosdog" post="949176" timestamp="1295154000"]
[quote author=spectator14 link=topic=78671.msg949046#msg949046 date=1295142675]
And there was a bit of a brawl..[b] Heard Brenham had it coming[/b]. ::)
[/quote]Haha! That's funny. The PNG fans harrassed the Brenham players all night. Called them names, told them they sucked and told one player he was gay. The whole time hollering about their all state goalie. This was all funny until Brenham scored the second time. After the goal was scored, PNG's keeper starts swinging at the Brenham player. The keeper should have been red carded. All of the sudden the harrassing wasn't funny. PNG's keeper is an outstanding player but he needs to work on controlling his emotions.
[/quote]
Thanks for your report.  That sounds more like it.  I'm all for school spirit but sometimes, fans get carried away and heckle the players.  It's usually students but I've seen parents (ADULTS) do it.  Downright embarrassing and uncalled for. 

Brenham v PN-G

PN-G sat in a 4-5-1 and looked to hit on the counter.  Brenham had a tough time breaking down "the bus" in front of the goal.  Murdock made an excellent save and a great save to keep it 0-0 at the half. Murdock made another brilliant save early in the second half, then, in the 56th minute, Tyler Pieper was played through, he beat a charging Murdock to the ball but it had run to the endline, so he had to retrieve it, beat two defenders, than beat Murdock to the front post. Brilliant individual goal. Unfortunately, he applauded his new PNG student body fan club after the goal and I opted to have him spend the rest of the evening with me. In the 60th minute, a ball was played in from the right flank, headed across the goal to an onrushing Garrett Boeker who finished it from about a yard out and crashed into the net, where he got a little stuck.  At that point, "the incident" happened and Murdock did not return to the game.  Brenham scored again on an "own goal" in the 70th minute.

We had a great time in the triangle this weekend and the PNG players/staff are a classy bunch (including Micah Murdock). Teenagers are teenagers and they all have lapses in judgement, regardless of whether they are from PNG HS, Brenham HS or Anytown HS. I know one of my kids discovered that comments from the bench are not acceptable and the entire team will now come in on Monday for some extra "conditioning".  PNG has a very "supportive" student body and I am cool with that because so de we and most soccer teams would love to have their fellow students out there making it difficult on the opponent.

We look forward to Don and the boys coming out to Brenham for the Showcase.  Best of luck this season to the Indians!

[quote name="dualdellortos" post="949276" timestamp="1295199038"]
Brenham v PN-G

PN-G sat in a 4-5-1 and looked to hit on the counter.  Brenham had a tough time breaking down "the bus" in front of the goal.  Murdock made an excellent save and a great save to keep it 0-0 at the half. Murdock made another brilliant save early in the second half, then, in the 56th minute, Tyler Pieper was played through, he beat a charging Murdock to the ball but it had run to the endline, so he had to retrieve it, beat two defenders, than beat Murdock to the front post. Brilliant individual goal. Unfortunately, he applauded his new PNG student body fan club after the goal and I opted to have him spend the rest of the evening with me. In the 60th minute, a ball was played in from the right flank, headed across the goal to an onrushing Garrett Boeker who finished it from about a yard out and crashed into the net, where he got a little stuck.  At that point, "the incident" happened and Murdock did not return to the game.  Brenham scored again on an "own goal" in the 70th minute.

We had a great time in the triangle this weekend and the PNG players/staff are a classy bunch (including Micah Murdock). Teenagers are teenagers and they all have lapses in judgement, regardless of whether they are from PNG HS, Brenham HS or Anytown HS. I know one of my kids discovered that comments from the bench are not acceptable and the entire team will now come in on Monday for some extra "conditioning".  PNG has a very "supportive" student body and I am cool with that because so de we and most soccer teams would love to have their fellow students out there making it difficult on the opponent.

We look forward to Don and the boys coming out to Brenham for the Showcase.  Best of luck this season to the Indians!
[/quote]

Nice post.  +1!

Yes Micah is a good kid and without a doubt the best keeper in the area. We all have our moments, so hopefully he will learn from this. Up until the incident the game was very entertaining. I was a little disappointed in [u][i]dual[/i][/u] for not wearing his suit again Saturday ;D ;D ;D. I enjoyed watching Brenham play and hope they will come back next year.

I was at the PNG-Brenham game. I know the students that were heckling, but it was all in the support of our team. Some comments were uncalled for, but for the most part it was to get into the head of the Brenham players to try and get our team an advantage.

However, whatever you may have heard out loud, the students respected Brenham's skill on the field and that the entire time that they may have said that someone wasn't good, they were really saying that they were really good whenever they would sit down.

Very fun game to watch and very interesting until it got blown open.

I saw all three of these teams play this weekend. I saw Ned and Brenham 3 times and Northbrook twice. Nederland won all 3 of their games but I would like to have seen them play Brenham or Northbrook because the teams they played weren't as strong as those two teams. I would give Brenham the edge over Ned and Northbrook. Brenham and Northbrook tied but they were two different style teams. Brenham's #16 is very good with the ball at his feet and is almost unstoppable one on one. Brenham plays a very organized game. Northbrook has several players with good ball skills.  All 3 teams will be in the playoffs and may see each other.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges