OZEN V.S. VIDOR

JMcShan, i haven't seen them play, but i have seen the results they've had against an absolutely terrible schedule.  they have some close wins against weak teams, and they have some 10-20 point wins against awful teams.  they also have 0 wins against good teams.  when they have 17 non-district games, and not 1 is against a 4A/5A opponent, i don't think that was something beyond their control.  that was choosing to play in a 1A and two weak 3A tournaments, and choosing to schedule multiple games against teams like community christian and hamshire-fannett instead of trying to schedule against some of the good teams in the area.  heck, 2A/3A teams like Silsbee, HJ, Kountze, WOS, or EC would've been great preparation for this team.  The better teams in this area have played up against higher divisions or high quality opponents from other areas.  even though you may have seen this team beat up on some of (and unimpressively beat others) the worst teams this area has to offer, you don't have any more proof about how good they are or aren't than i do.  You can't look at their schedule and say "Vidor's beaten HF 4 times now, so i know they're good."  That doesn't mean anything.  To be honest, not one of the wins on their schedule is impressive.  And while we're being honest, the best result they've had all season was the close loss to nederland, and that's saying something considering it's their only loss of the season.  So, my prediction of a 15-20 point loss may be ignorant, but any prediction that ANYONE makes right now on this team vs. a quality opponent is based in ignorance, because although people have seen them play, nobody has seen them play more than one good team all year, which is hardly enough to base a future prediction on.  

now i'm not trying to take away from the kids.  i know they didn't make the schedule, and i know they've won a bunch of games... but i'm also not going to say they're off to a great start or concede that they can compete consistently with the best teams in their district.  there are about 5-6 teams in this area that coaches get on the schedule to work on things and to get scrubs some playing time, and by the looks of it, vidor has played most of those teams at least twice.  now, again, this is not the kids' faults, but forgive me for not falling all over myself for how great this team is, and for also not letting a 19-1 start factor into my predictions now that they're FINALLY starting to play good teams.  If they beat Ozen, i'll be the first to tip my hat to them.  in fact, i'm the first right now to say that i don't know crap about vidor.  it would just be nice if vidor fans would quit pretending that they somehow do at this point.  you have nothing to base your predictions on, or in JMcShan's case, your knowledge, at this point beyond 1 seven-point [b]loss[/b]. 

[quote name="JMcShan" post="943999" timestamp="1294433725"]
Bullets I guess we will find out tonight, and if you did happen to make the right prediction I will recognize it, but I aspect the same in return.
[/quote]

i'll be more than happy to give you credit if you're right. 

[quote name="wOUTanEXCUSE" post="944596" timestamp="1294503739"]
was closer than that before tech foul and intentional fouls at end of game... [b]Vidor ,personel wise, is as good as any team in the district... [/b] [/quote]

can you explain that one?  the only thing i can figure is that if they're 1-2 after 3 games in district, you're blaming the coach?

1-2 after playing the 2 top teams in the district. Not blaming the coach for the unforced to's. The kids had plenty of oppurtunity's to win both games. I'm saying that vidors starting five are as good, Individually, as any other in the district. They just make bad decisions that are costing them close games. 

[quote name="wOUTanEXCUSE" post="944746" timestamp="1294523025"]
1-2 after playing the 2 top teams in the district. Not blaming the coach for the unforced to's. The kids had plenty of oppurtunity's to win both games. I'm saying that vidors starting five are as good, Individually, as any other in the district. They just make bad decisions that are costing them close games. 
[/quote]

Maybe if they'd played a tougher non-district schedule they wouldn't be making bad decisions that are costing them close [b]district[/b] games.

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="944778" timestamp="1294526101"]
[quote author=wOUTanEXCUSE link=topic=78315.msg944746#msg944746 date=1294523025]
[/quote]

Maybe if they'd played a tougher non-district schedule they wouldn't be making bad decisions that are costing them close [b]district[/b] games.
[/quote]

that's been the point of many of my posts about vidor.  not enough adversity/challenge in the pre-district games.

1-2 after playing the 2 top teams in the district. Not blaming the coach for the unforced to's. The kids had plenty of oppurtunity's to win both games. I'm saying that [b]vidors starting five are as good, Individually, as any other in the district[/b]. They just make [b]make bad decisions [/b] that are costing them close games. 
[/quote]

Two of the Pirates are as good as any in district but not all five starters.  Those 2 could go to any school and get playing time and possibly start but not the other three.  If the players are as good as any in district, they should be 3-0 or at least 2-1 in district instead of 1-2.  Decision making is part of being good players. 

[/quote]
Your as good as your record indicates. 1-2 in District is below par regardless of who you play. You become 'as good as' any other team when you beat 'the best two teams' in district. Maybe they'll beat them on round two, but I highly doubt it. Remember, basketball is not an individual sport, it's a TEAM sport.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder