OZEN V.S. VIDOR

I think Ozen will win this game easily, by 15-20 points.  Since YOU asked for it, i'll tell you why i feel this way.  Vidor has only played one good team all year, and they lost.  Ozen has played a fairly difficult schedule, and they have a very solid team.  I think it's a pretty fair assessment to say that Ozen's WORST non-district opponents are notably better than Vidor's BEST non-district opponents.  that means Ozen will be more than prepared for this game, while Vidor will most likely be unprepared for the talent and speed that Ozen will bring. 

[quote name="JoesBros" post="942868" timestamp="1294254770"]
Typical response from someone who hasnt even seen Vidor play ::). Schedule this schedule that whatever  ::)
[/quote]

what else can i go on?  even if i'd been there?  man, that kid really lit up that bad 2A school for 25 points.  this team is good!

Non-district schedule comparison for those who don't feel like looking for themselves:

[b]Vidor[/b]: Hamshire-Fannett (4 times), Community Christian (3 times), Orangefield, Kelly JV, Sabine Pass (2 times), Houston YES prep, Buna, Legacy, K-ville, Bridge City, Jasper

[b]Ozen[/b]: Memorial, North Forest (2 times), Aldine Nimitz, West Brook (3 times), Silsbee, South Oak Cliff, Lufkin, PNG, S.A. Southwest, S.A. Wagner, McCallum, FB Hightower.

Now, tell me again why the most ignorant of posters can't look at this unbelievable discrepancy and use it as a legitimate argument as to why Ozen would win the game.

Guest JoesBros
Lucas that theory was thrown out of the water after they played Nederland!! Look past the stupid schedule and go watch them play this team will schock some people in this dristrict trust me on that. If they do lose it wont be no 15 to 20 points.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="942883" timestamp="1294256021"]
Lucas that theory was thrown out of the water after they played Nederland!! Look past the stupid schedule and go watch them play this team will schock some people in this dristrict trust me on that. If they do lose it wont be no 15 to 20 points.
[/quote]

the problem is that 1 game doesn't break a theory.  yes, they played a close game against nederland, and they beat a lumberton team who isn't any better than most of the teams on their pre-district schedule, but until they consistently compete with the quality teams in their district, there's no proof that they can do it. i'm not saying they can't, but they've done nothing on their schedule that i can look at and say "well, judging by these games i think they can compete with anyone in district."

so, when this guy asks for predictions, and asks for reasoning behind it, my reasons are merited, and the schedules i showed backs my reasoning and prediction up.  much more so than "vidor wins a close one because they've kicked the crap out of a bunch of 1A, 2A, and 3A teams (and private schools), and lost a fairly close game to the only good opponent they've played all year."  that's not saying that vidor can't win, but which prediction and reasoning holds more water?

Ozen by 8.  It is true that Ozen have played far better competition than Vidor.  But it still don't take anything away from how those Vidor kids have been playing.  They are confident, and they are playing who is on their schedule.  if Vidor wants to make a statement, this Friday will be the right time to do it.  This Ozen team is tough, but very beatable.  I think that the playmakers for Ozen will come through in the 4th to make plays to push Ozen over the edge...

Chance for Vidor to silence all the talk, but I dont think its going to happen. Vidor has only played one team that has running ability, presses successfully, and has players that Vidor has match-up problems against. Ozen will bring plenty of that, which will help them win by at least 10. JMO

[quote name="JoesBros" post="942883" timestamp="1294256021"]
[/quote] agree

[quote name="CATMAN" post="943007" timestamp="1294270744"]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=78315.msg942883#msg942883 date=1294256021]
[/quote] agree
[/quote]

yeah, and UT football beat Nebraska this year, and won all of their pre-conference games against cupcakes... does that mean they had a good season?  you can't really tell unless you have all the information, and we have very little information about vidor this year, which is my main point.

[quote name="bullets13" post="942867" timestamp="1294254577"]
I think Ozen will win this game easily, by 15-20 points.  Since YOU asked for it, i'll tell you why i feel this way.  Vidor has only played one good team all year, and they lost.  Ozen has played a fairly difficult schedule, and they have a very solid team.  I think it's a pretty fair assessment to say that Ozen's WORST non-district opponents are notably better than Vidor's BEST non-district opponents.  that means Ozen will be more than prepared for this game, while Vidor will most likely be unprepared for the talent and speed that Ozen will bring. 
[/quote]

Vidor has lost to Nederland. The district champs. I don't think you can come to a conclusion just based off of schedule. Not an accurate one anyways. Vidor has beat the majority of the teams they have played by 15 or more. I think we will just have to see if your prediction is right, and 15 or 20 point victory that is ridiculous and ignorant.

Did any of you see Ozen play last night against LCM?  Looked nothing like the team that played Hightower last week.  They do good if it is a fastpace game, but if it is slow, they struggle.  It all depends on which Ozen shows up.  I think Ozen will win, barely.  Ozen by 5.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="943007" timestamp="1294270744"]
[/quote] agree
[/quote]

ozen by 30

[quote name="bullets13" post="943011" timestamp="1294271118"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=78315.msg943007#msg943007 date=1294270744]
[/quote] agree
[/quote]

yeah, and UT football beat Nebraska this year, and won all of their pre-conference games against cupcakes... does that mean they had a good season?  you can't really tell unless you have all the information, and we have very little information about vidor this year, which is my main point.
[/quote]

Same thing happens with thier football team and yes they beat Ned this year but sat out  of the playoffs.

Vidor is much better than I expected and they will give Ozen a game. I don't think, however, that a close game that Vidor loses destroys the theory that playing a weak pre-district schedule will adversely effect Vidor in district play.  IMO the Nederland game may have actually showed what happens when a team having played a weak schedule plays a team that has played a tough schedule.  When it counted the team with the tougher schedule was able to pull out the win and finish.  Vidor was used to playing from the lead and not from behind....not a lot of close games to challenge them them in the preseason.  Vidor is a good team and I believe they will vie for the 4th playoff spot.     

[quote name="JMcShan" post="943090" timestamp="1294279451"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=78315.msg942867#msg942867 date=1294254577]
[/quote]

Vidor has lost to Nederland. The district champs. I don't think you can come to a conclusion just based off of schedule. Not an accurate one anyways. Vidor has beat the majority of the teams they have played by 15 or more. I think we will just have to see if your prediction is right, and 15 or 20 point victory that is ridiculous and ignorant.
[/quote]

what's ridiculous and ignorant is asking people for their predictions and opinions, and then criticizing them when they give one that you don't like.  it's also ridiculous and ignorant to use the argument that because a team can beat some of the WORST 1A, 2A, and 3A schools in the area  by 15-20 points that they're a good team, or to use the argument that in their only game of the season against a competitive opponent they kept it close in a loss, so they're really good.  i still don't know how good they are.  like i said earlier in the thread, i won't know until maybe halfway through the district when they play their 3rd or 4th quality opponent of the season.  don't ask for people's opinions if you're just going to gripe about them.  i'm curious to see how Vidor does against a solid Ozen team.  there's really NOTHING to look at this season so far to indicate how Vidor will do against a real opponent. 

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="943198" timestamp="1294320760"]
Vidor is much better than I expected and they will give Ozen a game. I don't think, however, that a close game that Vidor loses destroys the theory that playing a weak pre-district schedule will adversely effect Vidor in district play. [b] IMO the Nederland game may have actually showed what happens when a team having played a weak schedule plays a team that has played a tough schedule.  When it counted the team with the tougher schedule was able to pull out the win and finish.  Vidor was used to playing from the lead and not from behind....not a lot of close games to challenge them them in the preseason. [/b]  Vidor is a good team and I believe they will vie for the 4th playoff spot.     
[/quote]

AMEN!

[quote name="bullets13" post="943215" timestamp="1294323237"]
[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=78315.msg943198#msg943198 date=1294320760]
Vidor is much better than I expected and they will give Ozen a game. I don't think, however, that a close game that Vidor loses destroys the theory that playing a weak pre-district schedule will adversely effect Vidor in district play. [b] IMO the Nederland game may have actually showed what happens when a team having played a weak schedule plays a team that has played a tough schedule.  When it counted the team with the tougher schedule was able to pull out the win and finish.  Vidor was used to playing from the lead and not from behind....not a lot of close games to challenge them them in the preseason. [/b]  Vidor is a good team and I believe they will vie for the 4th playoff spot.     
[/quote]

AMEN!
[/quote]
I am not criticizing anyone. I am just saying if you have never seen them play then you have no hard evidence behind your logic. The only thing you have is the schedule difficulty, but maybe there was some uncontrolable factors that kept Vidor from play a more difficult schedule. There could be multiple reason why, but who are you to judge at team of teenagers that work there but off everyday. You don't know how talented Vidor is. You have not seen them play. So why make a thesis only on pure opinion. It will be a tough intense game, but Vidor will not lose by 15-20. An I did not call you ignorant for stating you prediction. I called you ignorant, because of you saying the point spread was going to be Ozen winning by 15 or 20. That is just ridiculous.

[quote name="JMcShan" post="943883" timestamp="1294420820"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=78315.msg943215#msg943215 date=1294323237]
Vidor is much better than I expected and they will give Ozen a game. I don't think, however, that a close game that Vidor loses destroys the theory that playing a weak pre-district schedule will adversely effect Vidor in district play. [b] IMO the Nederland game may have actually showed what happens when a team having played a weak schedule plays a team that has played a tough schedule.  When it counted the team with the tougher schedule was able to pull out the win and finish.  Vidor was used to playing from the lead and not from behind....not a lot of close games to challenge them them in the preseason. [/b]  Vidor is a good team and I believe they will vie for the 4th playoff spot.     
[/quote]

AMEN!
[/quote]
I am not criticizing anyone. I am just saying if you have never seen them play then you have no hard evidence behind your logic. The only thing you have is the schedule difficulty, but maybe there was some uncontrolable factors that kept Vidor from play a more difficult schedule. There could be multiple reason why, but who are you to judge at team of teenagers that work there but off everyday. You don't know how talented Vidor is. You have not seen them play. So why make a thesis only on pure opinion. It will be a tough intense game, but Vidor will not lose by 15-20. An I did not call you ignorant for stating you prediction. I called you ignorant, because of you saying the point spread was going to be Ozen winning by 15 or 20. That is just ridiculous.
[/quote]

Talking with your heart. Have pride for your team, but the fact is Vidor is going to take it's second loss.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="943924" timestamp="1294424204"]
[quote author=JMcShan link=topic=78315.msg943883#msg943883 date=1294420820]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=78315.msg943215#msg943215 date=1294323237]
Vidor is much better than I expected and they will give Ozen a game. I don't think, however, that a close game that Vidor loses destroys the theory that playing a weak pre-district schedule will adversely effect Vidor in district play. [b] IMO the Nederland game may have actually showed what happens when a team having played a weak schedule plays a team that has played a tough schedule.  When it counted the team with the tougher schedule was able to pull out the win and finish.  Vidor was used to playing from the lead and not from behind....not a lot of close games to challenge them them in the preseason. [/b]  Vidor is a good team and I believe they will vie for the 4th playoff spot.     
[/quote]

AMEN!
[/quote]
[/quote]

Talking with your heart. Have pride for your team, but the fact is Vidor is going to take it's second loss.
[/quote] :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder