Texas

aTmfan06

I was one that never doubted his talent, but I did doubt he would make it at UT.  I thought by now he would be dismissed because of his attitude.  What an adjustment this kid has under-went.  I always said this kid would go as far as his attitude allows him, the talent was always there!

I thought next year was the year... Looks like I am wrong there too, this year is looking elite 8-ish!

Great 10 day stretch for the horns!  Double-digit wins vs. #11 aTm, @ #2 Kansas, @ Okie Lt, and vs. #13 Mizzou!  They're 6-0 in the Big XII for the first time in school history, and they're already through the meat of their schedule.  They have a big game in College Station on Monday, and after that, they finish conference play against 9 unranked teams.  If they can beat the Ags monday (who are coming off an embarassing loss to Nebraska), they have a fairly reasonable shot at a 16-0 conference record going into the Big XII tourney. 

[quote name="bullets13" post="957527" timestamp="1296362154"]
Great 10 day stretch for the horns!  Double-digit wins vs. #11 aTm, @ #2 Kansas, @ Okie Lt, and vs. #13 Mizzou!  They're 6-0 in the Big XII for the first time in school history, and they're already through the meat of their schedule.  They have a big game in College Station on Monday, and after that, they finish conference play against 9 unranked teams.  If they can beat the Ags monday [b](who are coming off an embarassing loss to Nebraska[/b]), they have a fairly reasonable shot at a 16-0 conference record going into the Big XII tourney. 
[/quote]

Nebraska was favored to win the game by 2.5 points at home, so I don't see how the loss was that embarrassing.  Nebraska is 15-5 and should make the tourney.  Still A&M didn't come to play and it showed.  They will have to play much better tomorrow against tu to have a chance.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="957625" timestamp="1296404953"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=77928.msg957527#msg957527 date=1296362154]
Great 10 day stretch for the horns!  Double-digit wins vs. #11 aTm, @ #2 Kansas, @ Okie Lt, and vs. #13 Mizzou!  They're 6-0 in the Big XII for the first time in school history, and they're already through the meat of their schedule.  They have a big game in College Station on Monday, and after that, they finish conference play against 9 unranked teams.  If they can beat the Ags monday [b](who are coming off an embarassing loss to Nebraska[/b]), they have a fairly reasonable shot at a 16-0 conference record going into the Big XII tourney. 
[/quote]

Nebraska was favored to win the game by 2.5 points at home, so I don't see how the loss was that embarrassing.  Nebraska is 15-5 and should make the tourney.  Still A&M didn't come to play and it showed.  They will have to play much better tomorrow against [b]tu [/b]to have a chance.
[/quote]

UT  >:(

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="957625" timestamp="1296404953"]
[/quote]

Nebraska was favored to win the game by 2.5 points at home, so I don't see how the loss was that embarrassing.  Nebraska is 15-5 and should make the tourney.  Still A&M didn't come to play and it showed.  They will have to play much better tomorrow against tu to have a chance.
[/quote]

Favored, smavored.  Nebraska's pretty decent, but they've played an awful schedule this year.  Here's a list of all of the quality teams they've played this year: Vandy, Davidson (i'm stretching here), Mizzou, Kansas, and aTm.  They lost 4 of those 5.  They also lost to a pretty weak TT team.  Regardless of the line, this wasn't a good loss for the Ags.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="bullets13" post="957720" timestamp="1296426658"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=77928.msg957625#msg957625 date=1296404953]
Great 10 day stretch for the horns!  Double-digit wins vs. #11 aTm, @ #2 Kansas, @ Okie Lt, and vs. #13 Mizzou!  They're 6-0 in the Big XII for the first time in school history, and they're already through the meat of their schedule.  They have a big game in College Station on Monday, and after that, they finish conference play against 9 unranked teams.  If they can beat the Ags monday [b](who are coming off an embarassing loss to Nebraska[/b]), they have a fairly reasonable shot at a 16-0 conference record going into the Big XII tourney.  
[/quote]

Nebraska was favored to win the game by 2.5 points at home, so I don't see how the loss was that embarrassing.  Nebraska is 15-5 and should make the tourney.  Still A&M didn't come to play and it showed.  They will have to play much better tomorrow against tu to have a chance.
[/quote]

Favored, smavored.  Nebraska's pretty decent, but they've played an awful schedule this year.  Here's a list of all of the quality teams they've played this year: Vandy, Davidson (i'm stretching here), Mizzou, Kansas, and aTm.  They lost 4 of those 5.  They also lost to a pretty weak TT team.  Regardless of the line, this wasn't a good loss for the Ags.
[/quote]

I defended A&M's "embarrasing" loss on the road to Nebraska.  Bullets, it looked like Nebraska proved me right today.   :D

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="ForeverADog" post="974473" timestamp="1298988846"]
It has to start on defense for them. Also Jordan Hamilton needs to start playing within the offense. He is starting to just throw up shots again.
[/quote]Hey watchout what you say about him. Its all about one and done now ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I feel like making the Big 12 finals with another win against aTm has most likely locked up a #2 seed for the horns and has guaranteed them at least a #3, regardless of what happens tonight.  However, if they beat KU again, they might have an outside chance at a #1 seed.  Pitt is a lock, and Ohio St is a lock.  If Duke wins the ACC they're a lock.  That leaves UT against Kansas (who they would have beaten twice), Notre Dame, Purdue, and whoever wins against BYU and SDSU for the final spot, again all this only the scenario that UT beats KU tonight.  My gut still says that ND is going to get the 4th spot, unless UNC beats Duke, then they might get it.  Lots of different scenarios.  I know many basketball people give Texas credit for their quality wins and the difficulty of their schedule, so that could play a factor.

[quote name="baddog" post="982026" timestamp="1299971679"]
Am I the only one who thinks conference championships are stupid?
[/quote]

Means much more to the players than fans.. All about getting a ring.

That's what every college athlete is after.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder