24-1a

alumni07

We all know whoever is from SP is gonna say they're gonna win and Evadale is gonna say they're gonna win, and no matter what not anyones opinion is gonna change. IMO, if i was a bettin man, i would have to go with Evadale. When your ranked #1 that means your picked to win state and SP is just tryin to fight for district from what it sounds like. Also idk if Evadale just had a bad game vs SP or what, but didn't BS and SP have a playoff for 2nd?...I just remember Evadale dominating BS BADDD, then again SP could of been havin bad games. Never will know, baseball is a crazy great sport and never will know the outcome. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with xsv.
Fans will support their team. That is the way it supposed to be. When I post I try to support what I say with facts (too many sometimes, I will admit). I have had two sons go through Evadale with my last graduating this year. I talk to the coaches, attend the games and even write for a couple of local papers. I love the rivalries that we have. We have just as much fun at some of our games as they do at Midcounty Madness. We are as passionate as the fans at WOS, West Brook or any other school. We love our kids and their school.

Rankings are fun and something to brag about, but it is all about doing the work on the field, court, diamond, track, stage, or whereever. Our kids are competing in everything for everything and against everybody. Winning is great and everyone loves it when their team comes out on top. But parents don't (or shouldn't) love their kids any less if their team never wins a game.

So here is my advice. Cheer loud, be proud, support your school, but love and support your kids more!

i love how evadale thinks they are just so good, they should not have got passed alto.. they were blessed by cayuga knocking off lovelady ( who 10 run-ruled evadale) then played cayuga and there best player got injured.. so many things had to happen for evadale to make it there, LUCK!

Guest Abraham
[quote name="alumni07" post="958055" timestamp="1296501677"]
i love how evadale thinks they are just so good, they should not have got passed alto.. they were blessed by cayuga knocking off lovelady ( who 10 run-ruled evadale) then played cayuga and there best player got injured.. so many things had to happen for evadale to make it there, LUCK!
[/quote]
I love how sp thinks they are so good but they can't even get past the first round!!! Evadale clearly has bragging rights due to the fact they havent lost a district game in 3 or 4 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Abraham
[quote name="alumni07" post="958147" timestamp="1296509063"]
you rednecks in evadale are so cocky.. yall think yall could beat anyone at any time..well news flash you got 10 run ruled like what 3 times? who gets 10 run ruled in a state championship and still trys to down grade everyone else :D
[/quote]
First off they got 10 run ruled by WOS ---> A 3a team that went to the playoffs!!!
What competition has sp played?? I dont think anyone in the 3a level for sure!!!
SP lost to Hull-Daesetta!!! If that doesn't say enough what does??
Just hang it up sp you wont beat evadale in baseball this year and thats in EVERY SPORT!!!!!!!!!!

when Evadale lost to Lovelady last year it was a warm up game so Evadale threw there #3 pitcher in the rotation...... "Who gets 10 run ruled in the state game"... [size=18pt]Hey you have to make it to the state game to win or lose[/size] but come on west sabine isnt no windthorst by no means and yall lost to them last year,and lost players and yall hangin with evadale 10-2 is most definitley NOT a close game

[quote name="oiler#3" post="958249" timestamp="1296519198"]
Alumni07 Evadale can brag and be cocky all they want the made it farther than SP last year and who cares if they got 10 run ruled in the championship at least they made it. Evadale fans Yall brag all Yall want about Yalls program its somethin to be proud of!!!!
[/quote]oilers just mad cause west hardin fans have nothing to be proud of

[quote name="Grizz" post="958274" timestamp="1296523317"]
[quote author=oiler#3 link=topic=77435.msg958249#msg958249 date=1296519198]
Alumni07 Evadale can brag and be cocky all they want the made it farther than SP last year and who cares if they got 10 run ruled in the championship at least they made it. Evadale fans Yall brag all Yall want about Yalls program its somethin to be proud of!!!!
[/quote]oilers just mad cause west hardin fans have nothing to be proud of
[/quote]hahh thats true everyone run rules them

[quote name="AmericanPicker1" post="958302" timestamp="1296526305"]
at least the west hardin guy is a realist. You SP guys are doing a little too much puff, puff, pass
[/quote]so tell me how im not being a "realist" how were the games not close american picker1? hmmm did you play, were you there? cuz i have talked to quite a few of the evadale players and they admitted they were nervous about loosing to lil ol sp

Guest Abraham
What does it matter? Evadale has done nothing but improve after last season trust me!! I agree with bobby also 10-2 is NOT a close game and west sabine is NOTHING compared to teams like overton, and cayuga!!! I mean keep talking because we will keep making you feel like the idiots you truly are!!! I mean can you say a little too much confidence? I take that back WAY toom much confidence!!!!!!!

[quote name="Abraham" post="957848" timestamp="1296450591"]
First off who says yippie? Really? Only guys who like rainbows and other guys say something like that... On that note as far as sp being competition in basketball to Evadale I think not they are far from that!! Back to baseball What has sp done in playoffs the past years?? Last time I checked ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! Last year sp lost to west sabine in the 1st round!!! I'm sorry that Evadale actually has success in EVERY sport unlike Sabine Pass and other teams in their dist. Yes Evadale lost in the state game by 10 but everyone has a bad game and unfortionatelly that was when Evadale had one...  Also with the alto thing that team was pretty dang good not going to lie I promise you this that team would have destroyed sp ... but with all this being said I guess i'll stop talking good about the #1 TEAM IN THE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing its not sabine pass because Evadale is coming for shark blood for sure!!!
[/quote]

im sure i would agree with you if only evadale would go to state in everything besides baseball...
sadly losing in the second round in football and first round in basketball dosent quite seem like being "successful"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder