24-1a

alumni07

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Abraham
Because Evadale has players to fill in those spots trust me!! As for Sp who will play short?? thats a tough position to play you have to be quick with your feet a pretty good arm and be able to make difficult plays on the ball... who can do that for u?

[quote name="Abraham" post="956628" timestamp="1296253891"]
Because Evadale has players to fill in those spots trust me!! As for Sp who will play short?? thats a tough position to play you have to be quick with your feet a pretty good arm and be able to make difficult plays on the ball... who can do that for u?
[/quote]

we may not have a jv team but we have many players who have spent their whole lives playing baseball. and trust me they have players that can play multiple postions

Guest Abraham
Anyone can play anywhere and be okay at the position, but here is my question "does your sharks have someone who can play short effectively and actually be a threat there and not just someone who is standing in the position and may field a ground ball correctly 4 out of 10 times"... Because if not then  how can you be a threat to evadale ?? And do yall have a first baseman thats not just some big kid over there and unless you throw it right to his chest he is not gona catch it.. Because last year he couldn't dig the ball nor jump if it was a little above his head... I will stop there for now but answer this for me and I'll tell you more that will kill your hopes and dreams.

Guest Abraham
You are crazy Evadale will handle them just fine ..... I'm just saying you will need to have a good short to be a challenge to evadale I mean a couple hard shots to short at the right time in the game that will be the defeat of y'all ... I'm just saying it's definitely going to hurt sp just mark my words!!! The rebels will be prepared ... Last time I looked Evadale was #1 and what's sp?

and last time i checked evadale was loosing in the 6th inning in both games, doesnt sound like evadale handled sp easily, the 2nd game was a fluke.. the centerfielder dove for a ball impossible to catch with 2 outs and let 4 runs score, if it wasnt for that the whole game would have had a different outcome, sp fell apart after that but i guarantee you that will not happen again

Guest Abraham
If sp is going to fall apart after something like that and not fight back that tells me they must not want it bad enough  ;D
So who is going to play short and 1st base???

And LAST time I checked Evadale still came out on top of those games.... Also the last time I checked it doesn't matter what the score is in the 6th or 7th inning all that matters is who is on top after the game hahaha Wasn't that the rebels both games?? I mean correct me if I am wrong alumni07.  ;D ;D ;D

you didnt say just winning though abraham, you said easily and ive heard from some of the evadale players that they were scared that they were gonna loose.. that lefty makes it tough for the rebs to score and he is still there so i predict another 2 close games... even 2 yrs ago yall had a tough time scoring when he was just a freshman

Guest Abraham
Evadale scared they are going to lose to sp?!! Are you kidding me and I can promise you that you can ask ALL the starters on that team if they will beat sp both times they will either say yes or maybe slap you in the face for such a stupid question and you may think I am over exagerating but i'm really not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think what you wish alumni but the rebels will win both games and take the dist.   

Evadale is returning there whole infield except the 2nd baseman and I know for a fact that the kid filling in the whole team knows he will do just fine, but sp does'nt have a SS or a 1B ... From what I seen last year I don't know who will fill in the short position and as far as first I don't know either but I do know that whoever takes over short won't be really a threat at the position trust me!

Guest Abraham
[quote name="alumni07" post="957463" timestamp="1296352825"]
floyd and trevino will most likely in and out after first depending on who is pitching at the time and cruthirds will be a short
[/quote]
Okay if floyd is at first who plays second? ... and if cruthirds is on short then who plays 3rd? I hope you got it figured out big boy because what you just said leaves 2 open spots still in the infield. Man let me say you have got it ALL figured out!!! I hope the Rebels are ready because sp is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Abraham
[quote name="Abraham" post="957497" timestamp="1296357794"]
[quote author=alumni07 link=topic=77435.msg957463#msg957463 date=1296352825]
floyd and trevino will most likely in and out after first depending on who is pitching at the time and cruthirds will be a short
[/quote]
Okay if floyd is at first who plays second? ... and if cruthirds is on short then who plays 3rd? I hope you got it figured out big boy because what you just said leaves 2 open spots still in the infield. Man let me say you have got it ALL figured out!!! I hope the Rebels are ready because sp is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
HAHAHA YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

okay genius ill just tell you the most likely starting line up... matt-pitching, walker-catching, floyd-1st, whoever steps up-2nd, cruthirds-short stop, adam-3rd, trey-center, skyler-left, and jaryd-right, i see only one position missing... evadale has 2 outfielders graduated and a new 2nd baseman.. they are changing more that sp

Guest Abraham
No I see a whole lot of change for sp your moving your whole infield around to new positions that they may have barely even played which is fine because it makes it that much easier for Evadale ... As far as your 2nd base Nobody will step up to that position and if they do they will be young and inexperienced!Once again thats okay because all it does it help Evadale out! .....  Who does sp have that can hit the ball?? besides cruthirds, floyd aka close my eyes and pray, and trevino?? besides these 3 that will either bunt or hit the ball who else do you have??? Seriously!!!

On the other hand....                         
Evadale has PLENTY of people stepping up and the best part is they have VARSITY EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!! Once again Evadales outfield will be fast and have a good arm in left right and center... As for the infield they will be just like last year except with a new 2nd baseman... And in my opinion he will fill in the previous shoes just fine!!! 
One more thing .... Yes the sharks will get on base but trust me they won't be stealing any bases with nichols back there!!!  ;D 

So after these 2 reviews i'd have to say Evadale has the upper hand in this matchup

Man I have read all of these posts and all I see Evadale is the best and Evadale is gonna go win state this and that. I dont have a dog in the hunt so it doesnt really matter to me. I believe evadale is the best team in district but all of you just remember Evadale is EXPECTED to go win state and EXPECTED to sweep district easily that what is expected of them. anything less and Evadale hasnt dont what was expected and everyone else can start talkin. so better lower expectations. but best of luck to all teams in this district.

[quote name="SFA65" post="957690" timestamp="1296420032"]
Man I have read all of these posts and all I see Evadale is the best and Evadale is gonna go win state this and that. I dont have a dog in the hunt so it doesnt really matter to me. I believe evadale is the best team in district but all of you just remember Evadale is EXPECTED to go win state and EXPECTED to sweep district easily that what is expected of them. anything less and Evadale hasnt dont what was expected and everyone else can start talkin. so better lower expectations. but best of luck to all teams in this district.
[/quote]

because its usually nothing but evedale people spammin this site with stuff about how evadales so great at everything. i mean YIPPIE they made it out of the first round of playoffs in football for the first time in forever (ALSO COMING FROM A 4 TEAM DISTRICT). YIPPIE  they made playoffs in basketball last year and will more than likely make it this year(ONLY REAL COMPETITION BEING SPURGER AND SP). YIPPIE they made it to state and lost 10 years after their school won it all(ONLY REAL COMPETITION IN DISTRICT BEING SP, AND ALMOST LOSING TO ALTO IN 2ND ROUND OF PLAYOFFS). I mean evadales done great things dont get me wrong but that dont mean sit there and spam the setx sports website with detail after detail about "The Almighty Evadale" being the best at everything.

[quote name="alumni07" post="957315" timestamp="1296330279"]
and last time i checked evadale was loosing in the 6th inning in both games, doesnt sound like evadale handled sp easily, the 2nd game was a fluke.. the centerfielder dove for a ball impossible to catch with 2 outs and let 4 runs score, if it wasnt for that the whole game would have had a different outcome, sp fell apart after that but i guarantee you that will not happen again
[/quote]

btw i saw the news broadcast. that looked it was pretty darn close so i wouldnt say "impossible"
put a state contending sprinter out there with a glove and it sure as hell isnt impossible. and it was not an inside the park slam
that being said
Go SP

Guest Abraham
First off who says yippie? Really? Only guys who like rainbows and other guys say something like that... On that note as far as sp being competition in basketball to Evadale I think not they are far from that!! Back to baseball What has sp done in playoffs the past years?? Last time I checked ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! Last year sp lost to west sabine in the 1st round!!! I'm sorry that Evadale actually has success in EVERY sport unlike Sabine Pass and other teams in their dist. Yes Evadale lost in the state game by 10 but everyone has a bad game and unfortionatelly that was when Evadale had one...  Also with the alto thing that team was pretty dang good not going to lie I promise you this that team would have destroyed sp ... but with all this being said I guess i'll stop talking good about the #1 TEAM IN THE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing its not sabine pass because Evadale is coming for shark blood for sure!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder