Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team

1696dogs

[quote name="Half Indian/Wildcat" post="932566" timestamp="1292279606"]
[quote author=The Old Ball Coach link=topic=77380.msg932413#msg932413 date=1292260845]
[quote author=playdefense link=topic=77380.msg932377#msg932377 date=1292256570]
Someone needs to explain to me why Hank Jones from East Chambers is not on this team.  Wow - Are you kidding me.  I realize only so many can make it, but that is an absolute injustice.

[/quote]

Because the 20-4a District MVP and Offensive MVP is the second team QB's, and the 21-3a Offensive MVP QB is the second team utility player. He is a little behind all three of these players

Here is your answer

[b]Reyes[/b]-2174 yards passing 19 touchdowns,,, 453 yards rushing 7 td's *includes playoffs

[b]Gonzales[/b]-2381 yards passing 21 td's,,,,597 yards rushing 11 td's

[b]Doty[/b]- 2830 yards passing 29 td's * includes playoffs
[
b]Menard[/b]- 1390 passing 15 td's,,,,,,1006 rushing 17 td's * includes playoffs

[b]Jones[/b]- 1431 yards passing 13 td's,,,,,842 yards rushing 12 td's * includes playoffs

Great Kid, and he had a great year, but so did other QB's. He is behind in the Stats.
But trust me I'm sure he will not let this stop him from having a great future
[/quote]I think Reyes had a really good year this year but to have put him above Doty and Gonzales i didnt understand. [b]These 2 were by far the best 2 QB in the area.[/b] And if Lamar is looking for a Qb these 2 young men would have been a great place to start. Add FORD and some lineman to the already exisiting players u had on the Off and Lamar would be a force to be reconded with for years to come.
[/quote]

You need to look at Silsbee's QB stats. You would take that comment back.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="STiger85" post="932802" timestamp="1292302767"]
[quote author=Half Indian/Wildcat link=topic=77380.msg932566#msg932566 date=1292279606]
[quote author=The Old Ball Coach link=topic=77380.msg932413#msg932413 date=1292260845]
Someone needs to explain to me why Hank Jones from East Chambers is not on this team.  Wow - Are you kidding me.  I realize only so many can make it, but that is an absolute injustice.

[/quote]

Because the 20-4a District MVP and Offensive MVP is the second team QB's, and the 21-3a Offensive MVP QB is the second team utility player. He is a little behind all three of these players

Here is your answer

[b]Reyes[/b]-2174 yards passing 19 touchdowns,,, 453 yards rushing 7 td's *includes playoffs

[
b]Menard[/b]- 1390 passing 15 td's,,,,,,1006 rushing 17 td's * includes playoffs

[b]Jones[/b]- 1431 yards passing 13 td's,,,,,842 yards rushing 12 td's * includes playoffs

Great Kid, and he had a great year, but so did other QB's. He is behind in the Stats.
[/quote]I think Reyes had a really good year this year but to have put him above Doty and Gonzales i didnt understand. [b]These 2 were by far the best 2 QB in the area.[/b] And if Lamar is looking for a Qb these 2 young men would have been a great place to start. Add FORD and some lineman to the already exisiting players u had on the Off and Lamar would be a force to be reconded with for years to come.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Gonzales[/b]-2381 yards passing 21 td's [b]6 INT[/b],,,,597 yards rushing 11 td's [b]32 total Td's[/b]

[b]Doty[/b]- 2830 yards passing 29 td's [b]12 INT[/b] * includes playoffs [b]Also had 3 rushing TD's[/b]
[b]32 total td's[/b]

[b]McDaniel[/b]-2502 yards passing 25 touchdowns [b]12 INT[/b],,,,,566 yards rushing 4 touchdowns * includes playoffs [b]29 total td's[/b]
Doty and Gonzales still have the edge

[quote name="STiger85" post="932802" timestamp="1292302767"]
[quote author=Half Indian/Wildcat link=topic=77380.msg932566#msg932566 date=1292279606]

[/quote]

Here is your answer

[

[/quote]

[/quote]I think when they make these picks alot more than just stats come into play. The strength of a teams schedule is the major determining factor. Who they put these stats up against is huge and thats why i said what i said that Doty and Gonzales were more deserving of the award than others. Doty's stats were against 8 playoff teams out of the 13 they played. And Reyes schedule was jsut as tough no doubt.

Figure into the equation Jones missed the first three games to a high ankle sprain, and the strength of EC's district schedule his record/stats are just as impressive. Plus he was named Bmt Enterprise player of the week twice. Small schools just don't sell papers or ad space to get much notice.

[quote name="alice" post="932883" timestamp="1292338223"]
Figure into the equation Jones missed the first three games to a high ankle sprain, and the strength of EC's district schedule his record/stats are just as impressive. Plus he was named Bmt Enterprise player of the week twice. Small schools just don't sell papers or ad space to get much notice.
[/quote]Kirbyville is pretty small....L. Ford doesn't have a problem getting attention!!

I have a couple of opinions about the linemen picks...

Why is Ben Jones (Nederland) second team, and where is Shane STAAANNNKUSSSSS (Bridge City)????

I agree with the earlier post that said Where is Hank Jones? As Joe Buck said in the Bud Light commercial "swing and a miss"

SURPRISE!

[quote name="SFAJACK02" post="932946" timestamp="1292344754"]
What about the Cucansic guy from K-ville. He got no love either.
[/quote]

I know the Cucancic family personally..Caleb was the most talented and dedicated,and all round player Kirbyville has had in a long time.. And by far He was the best all round athlete on the team...

[quote name="The Old Ball Coach" post="932819" timestamp="1292305495"]
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=77380.msg932802#msg932802 date=1292302767]

[/quote]

Here is your answer

[

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Gonzales[/b]-2381 yards passing 21 td's [b]6 INT[/b],,,,597 yards rushing 11 td's [b]32 total Td's[/b]

[b]Doty[/b]- 2830 yards passing 29 td's [b]12 INT[/b] * includes playoffs [b]Also had 3 rushing TD's[/b]
[b]32 total td's[/b]

[b]McDaniel[/b]-2502 yards passing 25 touchdowns [b]12 INT[/b],,,,,566 yards rushing 4 touchdowns * includes playoffs [b]29 total td's[/b]
Doty and Gonzales still have the edge
[/quote]

It that it. You stopped at passing yards and TD. Take a look at pass completion percentage at get back to us.

[quote name="Raider42" post="932938" timestamp="1292343651"]
[quote author=alice link=topic=77380.msg932883#msg932883 date=1292338223]
[/quote]Kirbyville is pretty small....L. Ford doesn't have a problem getting attention!!
[/quote]Amen

Best I can Figure, Kirbyville is 3a, ...  EC is 2a. Therefore EC is a smaller school than Krbyville. I repeat small schools do not get the respect their larger counterparts do in the newspapers. This is due in part to smaller circulation (newspaper sales) and advertisement sales. As some others have stated, I am sure there were others from Kirbyville that deserved mantion but were not beceause they aren't nearly the high profile athlete as Ford.

Bruce Reyes Beaumont West Brook 154 230 [b]66.96 [/b] 2,174 19
Brennan Doty Port Neches-Groves 232 365 [b]63.56[/b] 2,830 29
Terrence Singleton Port Arthur Memorial 141 228 [b]61.84[/b] 2,114 21
David Green Beaumont Ozen         128 208 [b]61.54[/b] 2,040 20
Myles Taylor Hardin                 217 354 [b]61.30[/b] 3,313 38

QB's Pct Completion(area leaders)....and of course, every team had it's drops and passes thrown away or 1st down spikes etc...

[quote name="alice" post="933474" timestamp="1292421159"]
Best I can Figure, Kirbyville is 3a, ...  EC is 2a. Therefore EC is a smaller school than Krbyville. I repeat small schools do not get the respect their larger counterparts do in the newspapers. This is due in part to smaller circulation (newspaper sales) and advertisement sales. As some others have stated, I am sure there were others from Kirbyville that deserved mantion but were not beceause they aren't nearly the high profile athlete as Ford.
[/quote]Before you just look at the classification for schools .... need to do a little homework ... Kirbyville is a school with 2A numbers who is caught in 3A due to snapshot day in which we had less than 5 over the minimum for 3A ... probably have less than the minimum now ... I drive through Winnie ... you are on I-10, have more business ... bigger school ... Don't gripe about being the small school .. I posted on this site a problem regarding coverage of the smaller schools, was responded to, and I think the coverage is somewhat better ... We only got the respect because we earned it .... Ford gets the pub ... but if you look the are others from Kirbyville on the Team ... Cucancic as defensive back, Roth and Amaimo on the O Line, Breed as linebacker, Tyler on the D Line ... Don't gripe about whose on the team .... By the way, saw Jones play against Newton ... Great Quarterback and Leader, but same could be said about our QB ... who was the main reason we beat WOS .... he just didn't have to pass as much ...

You should do the homework. EC is a mid size 2a, you are 3a. I have no problem with Kirbyville, ya'll have produced some tremendous players over the years and will continue in the future. The fact I am making is that schools outside the immediate triangle do not get the coverage or respect that the larger Bmt and mid county schools do. If I am not mistaken, Kirbyville was 436 and EC number was 360,  on snapshot day and has probably gone down since that time also.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="934024" timestamp="1292474565"]
... I drive through Winnie ... you are on I-10, have more business ... bigger school ...
[/quote]

That is the most TORTURED LOGIC ever stated. You cannot , I repeat CANNOT size a school up due to "businesses" along I-10. If Winnie was located OFF I-10, like Buna or Anahuac or Warren for example, there would not be any "I-10" businesses. Corporations put franchises in logistical locations for specific reasons. Primarily, Winnie is halfway between Beaumont and Baytown, so, inevitably franchises [i]will[/i] pop up there. Its a good stopping point for travelers. You should judge solely by [i]attendance[/i], period.

This thing reminds me of the idiotic comment I heard from a frustrated fan of a team EC had just beat in a playoff game years ago: "[i]EC [u]must[/u] be cheating--they have TWO car dealerships there![/i]"  ::)  Thats terribly stupid. Oh, BTW, both dealerships have [u]closed[/u]. Wildcat11, does this mean EC drops to 1A?   :D      

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="931809" timestamp="1292170780"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=77380.msg931760#msg931760 date=1292164500]
Congrads to all. I don't want to say anything negative, but I couldn't help but notice that Coach Hobbs from Legacy is the coach on the list.  Really?!
[/quote]

Gotta agree with you on that one, Soulja.  It was a class move to include Reggie Garrett, posthumously.  Another one would have been to list Curtis Barbay as Coach of the Year.
[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="934214" timestamp="1292514636"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=77380.msg934024#msg934024 date=1292474565]
... I drive through Winnie ... you are on I-10, have more business ... bigger school ...
[/quote]

That is the most TORTURED LOGIC ever stated. You cannot , I repeat CANNOT size a school up due to "businesses" along I-10. If Winnie was located OFF I-10, like Buna or Anahuac or Warren for example, there would not be any "I-10" businesses. Corporations put franchises in logistical locations for specific reasons. Primarily, Winnie is halfway between Beaumont and Baytown, so, inevitably franchises [i]will[/i] pop up there. Its a good stopping point for travelers. You should judge solely by [i]attendance[/i], period.

This thing reminds me of the idiotic comment I heard from a frustrated fan of a team EC had just beat in a playoff game years ago: "[i]EC [u]must[/u] be cheating--they have TWO car dealerships there![/i]"  ::)  Thats terribly stupid. Oh, BTW, both dealerships have [u]closed[/u]. Wildcat11, does this mean EC drops to 1A?   :D      
[/quote]Ya know was trying to be nice .. even complemented your kid ... was justed stating that If ya just drove through the town you would see you have a bigger town ... Secondly, I was making no excuse for Kirbyville for nothing ... every accomplishment made by the boys from Kirbyville was earned by those kids and the desire and heart of those kids ... We live next to Jasper and Newton so ya know ya got t bring it to get it ... If you want to go at it I will ... Be thankful we are not in 2A (as we should be), and in YOUR district, or you would not even sniff at a district championship with Kirbyville in your district ... and I'm talking last year , next year, or the year after that ... Lets put your schedule up against ours and see who played the harder teams.. Don't see ya playing Vidor, Bridge City, WOS, Coldspring,Wills Point, do I ... Only common opponent was Newton, whom you beat in the first game after the death of Coach Barbay ... I know I was sitting on the Newton side for that game, because we were playing WOS the next night ... Jones impressed me ... the rest of the team was ok ... We beat Newton, soundly, with the legend coaching them ... So dont ruffle the feathers if ya dont want the truth ... and that's the bottom line .... ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o

[quote name="alice" post="934644" timestamp="1292592258"]
YEAH YEAH YEAH... You are 3a Ec is 2a facts don't change even if you wish or dream or whine.....
[/quote]no whining just facts ....  :o Hell we didn't whine ... just played bigger teams to get better .... and when we did lose ... gave the props to the only team to beat us ... who by the way is playing in Dallas today ... In 2012, when we move back down to 2A and are placed in your district, I will take special pleasure in our team beating EC ... especially with posers such as yourself .....

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="934869" timestamp="1292612712"]
[quote author=alice link=topic=77380.msg934644#msg934644 date=1292592258]
YEAH YEAH YEAH... You are 3a Ec is 2a facts don't change even if you wish or dream or whine.....
[/quote]no whining just facts ....  :o heck we didn't whine ... just played bigger teams to get better .... and when we did lose ... gave the props to the only team to beat us ... who by the way is playing in Dallas today ... In 2012, when we move back down to 2A and are placed in your district, I will take special pleasure in our team beating EC ... especially with posers such as yourself .....
[/quote]Man is this a world record on neg- karma for a freshman :D

[quote name="BaseBow" post="935630" timestamp="1292681385"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=77380.msg934869#msg934869 date=1292612712]
[quote author=alice link=topic=77380.msg934644#msg934644 date=1292592258]
[/quote]no whining just facts ....  :o heck we didn't whine ... just played bigger teams to get better .... and when we did lose ... gave the props to the only team to beat us ... who by the way is playing in Dallas today ... In 2012, when we move back down to 2A and are placed in your district, I will take special pleasure in our team beating EC ... especially with posers such as yourself .....
[/quote]Man is this a world record on neg- karma for a freshman :D
[/quote]Sometimes ya just gotta shut up the posers ..... ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder