Why In Your Opinion Does HS Football Bring Out So Many Fans?

Guest Indian Chief

Guest Indian Chief

Why, In Your Opinion, Does High School Football Bring Out So Many People?

We were talking about this on our way to the game Friday night. Why is it high school football brings out so many fans compared to the other sports?

Is it that the games come only once a week? Is it the chill of the fall evenings that get people out and about? Or is the crack of the helmets and shoulder pads that helps people get out a little aggression?!

Guest ECBucFan

It's all what you said, and this too: HS Football is REAL. It's about real communities pulling for their own real kids, on the team, band, drill team, cheerleaders, etc. The kids participate for the love of the game and spirt of their school, and they are not multimillionaire atheletic mercenaries talking to their agent about endorsments between plays. It's Real.

It's all what you said' date=' and this too: HS Football is REAL. It's about real communities pulling for their own real kids, on the team, band, drill team, cheerleaders, etc. The kids participate for the love of the game and spirt of their school, and they are not multimillionaire atheletic mercenaries talking to their agent about endorsments between plays. It's Real.[/quote']

I agree and it keeps me and my wife from staying at home staring at each other and it keeps my boys excited about one day the possibility of playing for the indians

Let's see -

30 players X 2 parents

30 drill team memebers X 2 parents

50 band mambers X 2 parents

12 cheerleaders X 2 parents

20 flag and twirlers X 2 parents

mix in some grandparents and siblings and you've got a crowd of 3-400.

Basketball carries ?12? , baseball and softball carry ?15? , volleyball carries ?12? - All with no band, drill team, cheerleaders, etc.

I would say that's a start to finding the reason, plus the ones above.

Guest ECBucFan

Exactly. My son is a "bleacher creature" and is wide-eyed about becoming a EC Buc one day. Coach Valastro has a heck of a program going now, and it looks even better down the road. :D

It's just a great environment with all the kids that have worked so hard preparing for their Friday night performance.

I love to watch the young fans that will one day be out there wearing their school colors. You can see it in their eyes......they can't wait to grow up and follow their older brothers and sisters.

I also love the smell of the fresh cut grass and the smell of popcorn as we walk in the stadium.

I think its all the things mentioned above. I love football, I have to say I enjoy watching a good athlete rise to the occasion. I really enjoy watching our kids at Dayton. But it doesn't stop there I enjoyed watching Hussey, Croak, the Driver boys and Williams at Central. Those boys play their hearts out and perform overwhelming feats of strength and determination. I watched Hussey run hard when he had no chance of winning, the same with Croak. Williams rose to the occasion last Friday when his team needed him. I hope Dayton wins Friday night, but I am really looking forward to watching Mosley. That is why I love it.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Let's see -

50 band mambers X 2 parents

quote]

hopefully, most bands above AA are gonna have much more than 50 members, to where a decently sized AAAA band will have around 120-130 members. Not the case with ours though, oh well.

im not a football player... im not even a boy... but there is just something about friday nights that gets me so pumped sometimes i actually do start jumping up and down...

its so hard as a fan to sit there and watch your team be down & the other team have the momentum and not be able to do anything... i just want to get out there and block those guys myself... not that i could but thats besides the point (except i could probably run the football... powder puff proved that [60 yd touchdown run :lol:] ) its the spirit, the love of the game, the bond you have with the players & your community, the fact that your most supportive fans will be there cheering for you despite the humidity, or the downpour, or the freezing cold & the 15 mph wind, and even the MOSQUITOS, to know that you're all behind your team, win or lose...

thats what Friday Night Football is about

especially Texas High School Football!! :wink:

• 1 year later...

I think its all the things mentioned above. I love football, I have to say I enjoy watching a good athlete rise to the occasion. I really enjoy watching our kids at Dayton. But it doesn't stop there I enjoyed watching Hussey, Croak, the Driver boys and Williams at Central. Those boys play their hearts out and perform overwhelming feats of strength and determination. I watched Hussey run hard when he had no chance of winning, the same with Croak. Williams rose to the occasion last Friday when his team needed him. I hope Dayton wins Friday night, but I am really looking forward to watching Mosley. That is why I love it.

I know this post and this thread is old as dirt  ;D ;D but Bronco1 hit it right on the head with this one.  I not only enjoy watching our kids at Central perform on a high level, but all the other kids that busts their butts all for friday nights.  Also, our fans come out even though they are pulling for their teams show respect to their district mates and rival fans durring and after the game.  HS Football....Priceless.

This thread really crawled from  the archives didnt it.

It is a good one though. I am sure that I am not quoting this exactly right but, Coach Stewart at Dayton says,"High School Football is the last pure football, innocence." A kid is playing for his town, his life long friends, community pride, and glory (if only local). Those Friday night games are where all of their hours on the practice field, weight rooms and intense study of their opponents comes together. The passion and heart displayed on that field is almost unequaled by anything, except military service.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder