SFA blown out

[quote name="coachacola" post="926468" timestamp="1291516768"]
Another year, another blowout loss by a SLC team in the FCS playoffs.  I thought the SLC was suppose to be one of the top FCS conferences in the country?  Just like in basketball, the SLC is a one and done conference.
[/quote]

hard to figure...been times the slc goes to montana and plays in a blizzard and loses, that i can see....but getting smoked at home?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="blinky" post="927924" timestamp="1291725221"]
I guess putting 71 on Lamar didn't help SFA.  [b]What go around, comes around!![/b]
[/quote]

Now thats just SORRY!

SFA has received much support before the game by MANY other SLC rival posters (on other forum boards). Likewise, SFA fans show mutual support when the roles are reversed. I am really disappointed to read this. I hope you do not speak for most Lamar fans. The SLC has generally great sportsmanship, how about joining in? 

Gamewise, a loss is a loss, period, but SFA did lead 21-7 over the defending National Champs. SFA fumbled two kickoffs an threw 3 picks, which put them into a tailspin they could not recover from. Villanova played almost flawless. SFA ends the season as "back to back" SLC Champions, and Jeremy Moses is now the [u]all time greatest passer in FCS history[/u], setting a completions record early in the game!   

I'm not an expert on Lamar Football, but did play against them annually in college...don't think they've ever been in. The 1-AA div was started in 1978 with 4 playoff teams...that number increased in 1981 to 8 teams, in 1982 went up to 12 teams and then in 1986 went to 16 teams and just this year was expanded again to 20 teams competing for a REAL national championship.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="1KatKiller" post="927992" timestamp="1291737219"]
The playoffs are SUPPOSED to be a measuring stick as to how your conference stacks up with the rest...The SLC has not been impressive lately...probably why only one representative from the conference is playing, while other conferences have multiple teams selected.
[/quote]

There is truth in that for sure. It is note worthy, too, that [i]nationwide[/i], SFA is recognized as having got a horrible draw. Villanova had some difficulties and injuries earlier but is currently playing at the top of their game. Had SFA won? Then they would have traveled to Appalachian State... 

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="blinky" post="927924" timestamp="1291725221"]
I guess putting 71 on Lamar didn't help SFA.  What go around, comes around!!
[/quote]

Igorance.

[quote name="smith" post="928481" timestamp="1291780678"]
LU was 1-aa playoff eligible 82-89.  But only "at large" eligible 87,88,89 due to not being in a conference for football.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that question up smith. I do remember when Burton Murchison played at Lamar, the Cardinals were in the I-AA Top 20 for a few weeks. That was some during the 80's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder