Coldspring vs. Wimberley Semi Final Predictions?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldspring.  Real deal.  What else to say?  Lean and hungry.  They manhandled Athens for the most part.  And when they were not manhandling, they were outrunning them.  Don't know anything about Wimberly, but they better eat some extra cornbread.

Stats on Wimberley.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/osLLTGk2Z020Q2x43A3xGA/wimberley-texans/football/stats.htm

It seems that Smith isn't the bread and butter as last yr and they will wing it around quite a bit.  CS will have to eat the clock on some good drives but I still like their chances.

I'm confident I will be able to make this one. I haven't been to Floyd Casey in awhile. Should be a great game. I have a few friends that live in Wimberley and a few that live in Coldspring. The first one that calls me back...that's the side I'll sit on. Unless someone else comes up with a better offer.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="925696" timestamp="1291441035"]
I think they should have personaly played this one in College Station at Kyle Field
[/quote]

I was thinking the same about a week ago when it looked like Coldspring and Wimberly were on a collision course...

Wimberley is a team that can be moved on (they allow about 340 yd per game).  Where the Texans make their living is staying away from mistakes while forcing turnovers.  They have a +21 turnover ratio this season (37 takeaways, 16 giveaways).

If the Trojans can hang on to the ball, they will win this game.  I think they can. Trojans by 14.

[quote name="Chs96" post="925828" timestamp="1291482955"]
By the stats look as if there defense gives up alot of yardage. If this is the case coldspring will have another lights out game. Trojans by 8
[/quote]

The best I can find on them: PA : 274......Avg : give up 19 points per game

*Rushing...#19 Lambert...931 yards

Team total Passing.........2,240   Yds..

* no team total on rushing..

Coldspring Coaches I'm sure already know this.... ;)

By the stats look as if there defense gives up alot of yardage. If this is the case coldspring will have another lights out game. Trojans by 8

Team total Passing.........2,240  Yds..

Coldspring Coaches I'm sure already know this....
  like I said CS by 8

[quote name="chs11" post="925881" timestamp="1291487430"]
Wimberly is definetly a good team, shown by beating navarro and cuero twice in the same year. I hope and think we will win this one, but only if we have the mindset and focus that we did when we were preparing for kville. 35-24 coldsprings.
[/quote]

CHS I would smite you for keeping on about Kville...But your avatar looks so much like George Bush I hate to smite a fellow Texan... :D ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="925869" timestamp="1291486304"]
[quote author=Chs96 link=topic=77014.msg925828#msg925828 date=1291482955]
[/quote]

Team total Passing.........2,240  Yds..

Coldspring Coaches I'm sure already know this.... ;)

[/quote]

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=77022.0

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder