20-4a All District Picks

[quote name="akifan94" post="922101" timestamp="1291058385"]
That is a horrible list then. J. Nelson not being first team is about the biggest goof I have seen on one of these lists.

Here are some final stats...

T. Sonnier 20  188      1
B. Salenga 28  444      4
J. Nelson   74  1123    12 

it is not even close. Take away the two extra games and Nelson still had more catches, yards, and TD's than those two combined. And he is a second teamer?
[/quote]
Not trying to keep this going, but the stats on Sonnier are wrong from the top of my head.  And why only compare Nelson to the two Nederland boys. Did the rest on the list have over 1000 yards too?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="1696dogs" post="922373" timestamp="1291074197"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76798.msg922101#msg922101 date=1291058385]
That is a horrible list then. J. Nelson not being first team is about the biggest goof I have seen on one of these lists.

Here are some final stats...

T. Sonnier 20  188      1
B. Salenga 28  444      4
J. Nelson   74  1123    12 

it is not even close. Take away the two extra games and Nelson still had more catches, yards, and TD's than those two combined. And he is a second teamer?
[/quote]
Not trying to keep this going, but the stats on Sonnier are wrong from the top of my head.  And why only compare Nelson to the two Nederland boys. Did the rest on the list have over 1000 yards too?
[/quote]

No. Nelson was the only one. I just like picking on kids from Nederland.  ;)

My only problem with the list is Nelson not making first team. The rest seems fair to me.

[quote name="cooligan" post="922346" timestamp="1291070761"]
This just In:   20-4a All District 1st Team Offense:
                    QB - PNG'S, RB's - PNG'S, OL - PNG'S, WR's - PNG'S
                    MVP - PNG'S Defense for forcing the offense to score all   
                             those points and making everybody look so good 
                             with the extra opportunities.

Coach of the Nation goes to Faircloth

[b]Did we leave anyone out?[/b]  ::)

[/quote]
Yes our kicker was awesome and the waterboys/girls were way faster than any other teams in the district!!!

In all seriousness, it ain't hard to argue that the list is flawed!
>My pick for MVP would have been T. Sonnier, because he actually led his team into the playoffs!
>I also would have picked Neuman as COY. Another great job for what they were delt. Explain to me again what it was that Crouch did to deserve this?? Maybe a nice guy and all, and maybe LCM had a better year, but they didn't make the playoffs...Again! If having a better year where the criteria, then Livingstons coach actually made better progress from last season than Crouch since they made the playoffs going 7-3 after 4-6 last year (identical to LCM).
>And anyone that argues that Nelson is not 1st team WR is out of their mind. This is not me being a Homer. I would have said the same thing had LCM's Sonnier not made the 1st team.
>I also have issues with Langois not 1st team OL.
>On the flip side I am suprised that Thompson and Easly made 1st team. As bad as our Defense was this year I really only expected DJ to make it. He had MVP numbers, but I got no problem with Alfred as D-MVP. He was deserving as well and on a better overall defense (except that one night in November  ;D).

Just calling it like I see it.

[quote name="baddog" post="922369" timestamp="1291073882"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76798.msg922368#msg922368 date=1291073611]
Not a bad list!  Considering some saying that our district was 'down' this year, I will put these boys against any other all district team and we would win.  Special thanks to my District Champion Jag players representing.  [b]Now, the whole Sonnier kid from Nederland debacle?[/b]  NO COMMENT...  
[/quote]

You just did.  :D

What debacle?
[/quote]
good question baddog!!!

[quote name="1696dogs" post="922378" timestamp="1291074747"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=76798.msg922369#msg922369 date=1291073882]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76798.msg922368#msg922368 date=1291073611]
Not a bad list!  Considering some saying that our district was 'down' this year, I will put these boys against any other all district team and we would win.  Special thanks to my District Champion Jag players representing.  [b]Now, the whole Sonnier kid from Nederland debacle?[/b]  NO COMMENT...  
[/quote]

You just did.  :D

What debacle?
[/quote]
good question baddog!!!

[/quote]

Probably the fact he made 1st offense at two positions when they never do that. As I explained earlier once you make a spot (MVP, First team WR, etc.) you do not earn another slot. Making offense and defense is great. But making 1st team WR and 1st team Utility on offense was a mistake. Not that he did not earn it. Just not how the teams are picked.

[quote name="1696dogs" post="922404" timestamp="1291076566"]
Im my opinion they shouldn't have listed Utility under Offense.  Maybe list it on its own.  That may have helped with some of the confusion.
[/quote]

Maybe so. The only changes I would make to the list would be putting Sonnier as MVP. Knocking the Ozen QB to 2nd team and replacing him with Gonzales and placing nelson at 1st team WR while removing sonnier due to the MVP. I would also put Neumann as Coach of the year. Just my .02 cents.

[quote name="baddog" post="922416" timestamp="1291077216"]
I like all the picks. Let's just leave it like it is. They didn't just throw it together. It was thought out.

Go Bulldogs!!!
[/quote]

Then justify this.

Livingston    4 catches for 73 yards 1TD
[b]Nederland    13 catches for 172 yards 1 TD[/b]
Lumberton  7 catches for 109 yards 0 TD
Ozen          6 catches for 90 yards 1 TD
LCM            3 catches for 66 yards 1 TD
Vidor          3 catches for 29 yards 0 TD ........ Chase Bertrand ran it 32 times for 200+ so there was no need to throw much
Central      2 catches for 35 yards 2 TD

But not good enough for first team WR? Okay. Whatever.

[quote name="akifan94" post="922434" timestamp="1291078467"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=76798.msg922416#msg922416 date=1291077216]
I like all the picks. Let's just leave it like it is. They didn't just throw it together. It was thought out.

Go Bulldogs!!!
[/quote]

Then justify this.

Lumberton   7 catches for 109 yards 0 TD
Ozen           6 catches for 90 yards 1 TD
Vidor          3 catches for 29 yards 0 TD ........ Chase Bertrand ran it 32 times for 200+ so there was no need to throw much
Central       2 catches for 35 yards 2 TD

[/quote]

akifan94, not going to read all prior threads, who we talking about?

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="922438" timestamp="1291078703"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76798.msg922434#msg922434 date=1291078467]

Go Bulldogs!!!
[/quote]

Then justify this.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry. Jayce Nelson not making first team WR when he led the district in yards and touchdowns and was second in receptions.

[quote name="akifan94" post="922434" timestamp="1291078467"]

Go Bulldogs!!!
[/quote]

Then justify this.

[/quote]

I don't have to justify anything. I didn't make the list. It wouldn't matter who makes the list, someone won't be happy.

Congr. to all the guys that were honor....on another note PNG and Nederland fans are never and I mean NEVER satisfy with the honors that are given out.  You all think that your players are sooooo freaking better then everyone else in the District.  It is really sad that you your coach felt that the guys on the other teams deserved the honor.  Truly sad that you come on here and bad mouth a coach that took a team from having a losing season to having a winning season.  GROW UP  and be happy that your coach saw what Couch did and felt that he deserved this honor!

[quote name="akifan94" post="922441" timestamp="1291079016"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=76798.msg922438#msg922438 date=1291078703]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76798.msg922434#msg922434 date=1291078467]

Go Bulldogs!!!
[/quote]

Then justify this.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry. Jayce Nelson not making first team WR when he led the district in yards and touchdowns and was second in receptions.
[/quote]Sonnier from LCM had the most receiving yards, playoffs are not included in these picks. The list was made before they even started. Although I do believe Nelson should be on first team before a couple of the others.

Last time I checked there where 11 positions on offense and 11 on defense, that's the # of 1st team and 2nd team players there should be, having 23 1st team offensive people is rediculous. I also think once you've been chosen to a spot that should be it and consider other players for the other spots. Sonnier from Nederland was easily the MVP of the district and not 1st team WR, that's meant as a compliment to Trevin not a gripe, has was the most valuable player in the district, Gonzales should have been 1st team QB. As for Nelson from PNG, the stats don't lie, he should have been 1st team, I just don't think we need 5 WR's on 1st team, 2 or 3 at the most, I think it takes away from what the better players did when you water it down this much, might as well give out participation ribbons like the elementary track meets do. Coach of the year was debatable, Coach Crouch was deserving as where 2 or 3 others, I think it shows the respect the other coaches have for Coach Crouch that he was chosen, even though he didn't make the playoffs he did an outstanding job.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="922278" timestamp="1291066216"]
The coaches make these picks, no media involved. The media does not have an all-district team, only their publication team for the area (All Orange Leader Team, All BE team, ect. ect.)

Also, only district games and the stats compiled in those games are used for these picks. No non district or playoff stats are used.
[/quote]

AAW,  according to Coach Faircloth (tonight)  NO STATS were considered in the selections.  It was up to the individual coaches to do research (if they felt like it).  He said that some coaches even submitted receivers with [b]TEN CATCHES[/b]!  Now, what coach, with a clear conscious could possibly submit a receiver that caught 1 pass per game???    And the selection of Crouch as COTY, confirms just how asinine this whole process is.

[quote name="football04" post="922554" timestamp="1291091407"]
Last time I checked there where 11 positions on offense and 11 on defense, that's the # of 1st team and 2nd team players there should be, having 23 1st team offensive people is rediculous. I also think once you've been chosen to a spot that should be it and consider other players for the other spots. Sonnier from Nederland was easily the MVP of the district and not 1st team WR, that's meant as a compliment to Trevin not a gripe, has was the most valuable player in the district, Gonzales should have been 1st team QB. As for Nelson from PNG, the stats don't lie, he should have been 1st team, I just don't think we need 5 WR's on 1st team, 2 or 3 at the most, I think it takes away from what the better players did when you water it down this much, might as well give out participation ribbons like the elementary track meets do. Coach of the year was debatable, Coach Crouch was deserving as where 2 or 3 others, I think it shows the respect the other coaches have for Coach Crouch that he was chosen, even though he didn't make the playoffs he did an outstanding job.
[/quote]What i think this list shows is there are coaches in our district that cant recognize talent when its right before their eyes THATS WHY THEY FINISH WHERE THEY DO YR END AND YR OUT. All i do know is look out the INDIANS are returning the top WR ,TOP RUNNING BACK, AND BEST COACH IN THE DISTRICT HANDS DOWN. CANT WAIT FOR THE PLAYOFFS TO START AGAIN. GO INDIANS

I would call this list for the most part questionable... some deserving spots and some well... laughable or should I say unexplainable.  Everyone saying that stats "had to have" played a part in the voting are naive.  I have been told by more than one reliable source that they do not bring up stats, some of the coaches do not even know who some of the players are as well as some coaches nominating kids who had maybe 10 catches the whole season!  Take this list with a grain of salt and congratulate the kids that made it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder