Dayton vs. La Marque Game Threads/LaMarque Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More teams should throw the short passes and screens against Dayton, it seems they have no answer for it. I was there, I saw 21 points for Dayton sail over the head of wide open receivers and running backs.
Dayton needs to find out what they serve in cafeteria at LaMarque and see why they got so many jumbos on the line of scrimmage.

I was VERY impressed with LaMarque! They are very very good on both sides! We had some "my bad" plays but LM came with their A game. I know this is petty but.......I thought it rude when our player got hurt and they didn't take a knee for us like we did when their QB got hurt. JMO! NEVER THE LESS! Great job LM, if we had to lose, I hope we lost to the BEST! Good Luck Next week and make us proud! I hope you do NOT take this rude as I DO NOT mean it rude, BUT, yall got to cut down on your penalties! Can you imagine how much yall could have beat us by if not for your penalties! (Yes, we had some too! Just sayin....for next week when I pray yall beat Manvel! They are pretty good at penalties too!) Anyway, just want to say yall are good, oh, lmcoog, I think your wrong.....I look for your team to beat Manvel, and btw, I like your posts on setxsports even when you call our district cupcake, haha, I think it is funny but you actually tell the truth like it is!
Again, congrats LaMarque and I wish you the best!
GO BRONCOS NEXT YEAR!

[quote name="purplepride" post="921065" timestamp="1290920330"]
I was VERY impressed with LaMarque! They are very very good on both sides! We had some "my bad" plays but LM came with their A game. I know this is petty but.......I thought it rude when our player got hurt and they didn't take a knee for us like we did when their QB got hurt. JMO! NEVER THE LESS! Great job LM, if we had to lose, I hope we lost to the BEST! Good Luck Next week and make us proud! I hope you do NOT take this rude as I DO NOT mean it rude, BUT, yall got to cut down on your penalties! Can you imagine how much yall could have beat us by if not for your penalties! (Yes, we had some too! Just sayin....for next week when I pray yall beat Manvel! They are pretty good at penalties too!) Anyway, just want to say yall are good, oh, lmcoog, I think your wrong.....I look for your team to beat Manvel, and btw, I like your posts on setxsports even when you call our district cupcake, haha, I think it is funny but you actually tell the truth like it is!
GO BRONCOS NEXT YEAR!
[/quote]

Good post there purplepride.  ;)

In our cupcake dist.we gave up 23 to Galena Park the 4th place team in a big win.Today La Marque was the better team defensively and played w/a great gameplan,lots of teamwork and made ajustments play after play.I'm not going to whine about losing as we didn't play well today on offense.Leaving points on the field doesn't work 3 rds.deep.Congrads to La Marque Cougars and their coaching staff you were well prepared for the task this day 8)

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="920332" timestamp="1290896378"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=76700.msg920327#msg920327 date=1290896085]
[quote author=dardar455 link=topic=76700.msg920317#msg920317 date=1290895693]
Coog really a same that u only have something to say when Broncos are behind or when we beat you.  Get over it and get off of here.
[/quote] Come on dardar he can say what he thing. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Hold on lets correct English for the Children of the Corn.

Coog "it's" really a "shame" that you only have something to say when "the" Broncos are behind or when we beat you. Get over it and get off here.

2 Things 1) Your Broncos are losing to La Marque, and the same thing i've said all year is true, this team has a good defense but as a team they are not that good. 2) The cougs defense was butter, and the Broncos got BH early which i assure you helped hints the 400 fumbles.

Also go to heck i posted whenever i darn well please.

[/quote]

Scoreboard....

[quote name="purplepride" post="921065" timestamp="1290920330"]
GO BRONCOS NEXT YEAR!
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Oh trust me you're not being rude and I apologize for our kids not taking a knee although I'm not sure it was intentional but with the lack of discipline (hence all those stupid penalties) that our Head Coogah has failed to instill who knows? I don't know about taking down Manvel again w/out a healthy T.Wright because they can get pretty close to us on athleticism which negates our passing game to some extent plus they have far more depth than we do. I'm pretty sure they are a pretty big D2 school and not far behind F'wood or Dawson. As for my cupcake post, it is what it is and that's the way I look at it. I've directly criticized my own team tons more than I even attempt to be negative towards any team over here. We suck, they suck, we won't , they wont...it's all the same to me I guess I'm just not drunk with the Kool-Aid like some seem to be over here? You're not the the only person over here to agree with me as I've been told they irk other SETX members as well because they take this all a bit too serious? Then they criticize me for my bold text...really? I used bold text since day 1 here and I got no complaints when I used it before, especially on the scoreboard updates I typically give. Who knows, what does it matter, who am I really hurting by my bold text? I figure as long as I'm not told by a moderator to tone it down then I should stick to my guns and carry on. However, I do see how some of your fans turn on each other about outcomes today and previous beefs earlier in the season so how can I possibly be doing anything close to that? *Bracing for backlash* [/b][/color]

two fairly evenly matched teams...i wish we had not made a few mistakes (pick near the end zone, false start in the 4th when Dayton was driving, etc)...this game was by far closer than the score.

granted, LM seemed to impose their will on Dayton's D (which was because they were on the field almost the whole game), but Dayton started to click at times, only to be stifled by penalties or turnovers.

i congratulate an LM team who, despite very little discipline, had enough raw athletic ability to beat a well coached Dayton team.

It was definitely not our day...it was the sloppiest I've seen them play all year.  I was sad to see it go down like that.

Great season, Broncos...thanks or a great run Baldwin, Ripkowski and Wright, it was fun to watch!
8)

haha! Well, I APPRECIATE YOUR BOLD POSTS cuz I can SEE them SO MUCH BETTER! You are more than welcome on this site anyday, and I look forward to your future posts! Again, good game and good luck next week! I also expect you back on here to THANK ME for my belief that your team WILL beat Manvel! :D WHEN YALL BEAT THEM!
Go LM and Go Broncos Next year!
PS. Rip, you are THE MAN! Gosh we have enjoyed watching you! I had the Morais, King and Campbell boys in the house last night and they call you THE BEAST! You were AWESOME ALL YEAR!

Recap:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6061656/la_marque_dflats_dayton_in_win.html?cat=14

I may have overstated it in the article but La Marque's D did come to play, no doubt. Earlier in the year, Tim Wright was virtually carrying the team at times but now the D is showing up big time. How did they give up 55 to Friendswood and 43 to Texas City?

Should be a good game between LM and Manvel from Angelton. 24-4A is a monster, it's only a Dawson TD away from having all it's playoff teams in the Quarterfinals. And poor, poor Santa Fe, they could have caused some damage if they made the playoffs. HISD should forfeit one or two of their playoff bids to other teams.  ;)

[quote name="SeanMitchellArticles" post="921119" timestamp="1290923587"]
Recap:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6061656/la_marque_dflats_dayton_in_win.html?cat=14

I may have overstated it in the article but La Marque's D did come to play, no doubt. Earlier in the year, Tim Wright was virtually carrying the team at times but now the D is showing up big time. How did they give up 55 to Friendswood and 43 to Texas City?

Should be a good game between LM and Manvel from Angelton. 24-4A is a monster, it's only a Dawson TD away from having all it's playoff teams in the Quarterfinals. And poor, poor Santa Fe, they could have caused some damage if they made the playoffs. HISD should forfeit one or two of their playoff bids to other teams.  ;)
[/quote]

It doesn't help when you shoot yourself in the foot by overthrowing wide open receivers about 10 times...made it easy on the D a lot of the time...

by the way, now I'm just going to say it...there's an "e" on the end of "deflate"

[quote name="purplepride" post="921116" timestamp="1290923494"]
haha! Well, I APPRECIATE YOUR BOLD POSTS cuz I can SEE them SO MUCH BETTER! You are more than welcome on this site anyday, and I look forward to your future posts! Again, good game and good luck next week! I also expect you back on here to THANK ME for my belief that your team WILL beat Manvel! :D WHEN YALL BEAT THEM!
Go LM and Go Broncos Next year!
PS. Rip, you are THE MAN! Gosh we have enjoyed watching you! I had the Morais, King and Campbell boys in the house last night and they call you THE BEAST! You were AWESOME ALL YEAR!
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I hope you're right but I dunno...we'll see next Sat. at 2pm in Angleton? Either way I'll be back here win or lose and with my bold text! I told them they should be happy I'm not using[/b][/color] [color=cyan][b]CYAN![/b][/color] ;)
[color=navy][b]
PS How is your QB after that collision with Butler....I hope he's ok![/b][/color]

I WILL BE THERE! Not too far at all! Yes, PLEASE don't use that CYAN crap cuz I can't really see it too well at ALL! (squeench the eyes to see that part, not good at all!) Thank you for asking about our QB, my source says he is wonderful so God is Good! He was good with yours today too! Again, good luck next week, I honestly think yall will be fine if you play then like you did today! Will be yakking with you this week to root you on!

I don't want anything from any of you nor did I ask for it. Jump right in....that's what I was told how things were over in the SETX when things don't go your way. We stated our position on how we thought 24-4A might all end up as the 4 regional finalists and some of you took your positions as expected. We have 2 of 4 with 1 pending still and that's the way the ball bounces. Now if I say we did pretty good is that gonna hurt your feelings too? I saw your posts prior to the game and didn't agree with them but you don't see me taunting you do you? No and why? Because that's your opinion and just because you were wrong doesn't give me the right to ridicule your opinion . Btw, if you wanna come at me feel free to do so but if you're gonna complain on what I talk about or how long I do it in my posts that have nothing to do with football then you're obviously grasping at straws. I can do this as long as you wanna respond so if you don't want a response then don't jump in heads first FELLA!

I guess we'll be above that whole Tit for tat thing huh.  You must be a politician...Mega-church preacher maybe...spiritual father??  I personally enjoy the whole back and forth on here and I find it fun and I don't claim to be "above it". Of course we'll not always agree...and if I was always right I would be in Vegas and not Missouri City.  All I stated was that I thought LM was a year away and that Dayton would win this game.  Woops I missed it.  I just don't act like I'm some kind of "yea I'm football only and I don't engage in tit for tat" and then run around rebuking everyone's comments about anything coming back at you football related or not.  The funny thing it's like you don't see you're making yourself look like a fool with the double-speak.  Judging from that year, 88, puts you in my generation.  Seriously where did you get fella?  Dude, Brah, homey, dawg, partner even....but fella?? 
As my girl Friogirl or Octfeb said earlier that my feelin's are hurt and there's no doubt. 

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="921125" timestamp="1290923926"]
[quote author=SeanMitchellArticles link=topic=76700.msg921119#msg921119 date=1290923587]
Recap:

[/quote]

It doesn't help when you shoot yourself in the foot by overthrowing wide open receivers about 10 times...made it easy on the D a lot of the time...

by the way, now I'm just going to say it...there's an "e" on the end of "deflate"

[/quote]

Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure. It's hard not having an editor.  >:(

[quote name="rollinac" post="921138" timestamp="1290926068"]
I don't want anything from any of you nor did I ask for it. Jump right in....that's what I was told how things were over in the SETX when things don't go your way. We stated our position on how we thought 24-4A might all end up as the 4 regional finalists and some of you took your positions as expected. We have 2 of 4 with 1 pending still and that's the way the ball bounces. Now if I say we did pretty good is that gonna hurt your feelings too? I saw your posts prior to the game and didn't agree with them but you don't see me taunting you do you? No and why? Because that's your opinion and just because you were wrong doesn't give me the right to ridicule your opinion . Btw, if you wanna come at me feel free to do so but if you're gonna complain on what I talk about or how long I do it in my posts that have nothing to do with football then you're obviously grasping at straws. I can do this as long as you wanna respond so if you don't want a response then don't jump in heads first FELLA!

I guess we'll be above that whole Tit for tat thing huh.  You must be a politician...Mega-church preacher maybe...spiritual father??  I personally enjoy the whole back and forth on here and I find it fun and I don't claim to be "above it". Of course we'll not always agree...and if I was always right I would be in Vegas and not Missouri City.  All I stated was that I thought LM was a year away and that Dayton would win this game.  Woops I missed it.  I just don't act like I'm some kind of "yea I'm football only and I don't engage in tit for tat" and then run around rebuking everyone's comments about anything coming back at you football related or not.  The funny thing it's like you don't see you're making yourself look like a fool with the double-speak.  Judging from that year, 88, puts you in my generation.  Seriously where did you get fella?  Dude, Brah, homey, dawg, partner even....but fella?? 
As my girl Friogirl or Octfeb said earlier that my feelin's are hurt and there's no doubt. 
[/quote]

You are calling out some one for looking the fool and you want to rag about Fella vs some other slang rap terms? Please - work on some value. Who do you think will win LM or Manvel?

[quote name="rollinac" post="921138" timestamp="1290926068"]

[/quote]

[color=navy][b]It's cool but I'm really not trying to directly insult anyone and I do INSULT my OWN team way more than I would ever speak ill of someone's team over here? I'm starting to get a sense of how this board is an am learning to not take things so seriously as BRONX has opened my eyes a bit. I'm not above going back and forth with the best of them but I am above being petty and letting things get personal like they did the other day. I'm gonna say this but before I do I MUST SAY I'M NOT criticizing your mods but I've seen members directly criticize players here. You aren't gonna believe this but I'm a moderator on our board and we don't allow players names to be put out there just because folks get angry their team lost. I'm not saying our way is right and yours is wrong but we come from 2 totally different boards so I'm trying to get up to speed because you do actually have people here who know football and I enjoy exchanging information and knowledge. I'll try to be a little more understanding but I'm not gonna stop being blunt nor am I gonna give up my bold text...no hard feelings! Oh yea, I got "fella" from my older Brother and I sometimes use "folks" too but I'm all city, trust me![/b][/color]

Hang in there lmcoog.........your cool in my eyes! Looking back at the smack talk threads..you did good! I would like to know what other thread you are talking about that your on? Maybe "thread" is not the word I am looking for but "site"? I still think your coogs will win against Manvel! Anyway, nite nite! Purplepride is SLEEPY! ;D

[quote name="purplepride" post="921173" timestamp="1290929048"]
Hang in there lmcoog.........your cool in my eyes! Looking back at the smack talk threads..you did good! I would like to know what other thread you are talking about that your on? Maybe "thread" is not is but "site"? I still think your coogs will win against Manvel! Anyway, nite nite! Purplepride is SLEEPY! ;D
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]You'll have to shoot me an email or I can provide mine to start. It's a long story but I can't even type the website here because it doesn't show up. It shows up as edited text if I try here or even through PM'ing within this site. Let me know one way or the other? We have TONS of archived LM football history including pictures, highlights....etc.[/b][/color]

[color=navy][b]It's cool but I'm really not trying to directly insult anyone and I do INSULT my OWN team way more than I would ever speak ill of someone's team over here? I'm starting to get a sense of how this board is an am learning to not take things so seriously as BRONX has opened my eyes a bit. I'm not above going back and forth with the best of them but I am above being petty and letting things get personal like they did the other day. I'm gonna say this but before I do I MUST SAY I'M NOT criticizing your mods but I've seen members directly criticize players here. [b][u][i]You aren't gonna believe this but I'm a moderator on our board [/i] [/u] [/b] and we don't allow players names to be put out there just because folks get angry their team lost. I'm not saying our way is right and yours is wrong but we come from 2 totally different boards so I'm trying to get up to speed because you do actually have people here who know football and I enjoy exchanging information and knowledge. I'll try to be a little more understanding but I'm not gonna stop being blunt nor am I gonna give up my bold text...no hard feelings! Oh yea, I got "fella" from my older Brother and I sometimes use "folks" too but I'm all city, trust me![/b][/color]
[/quote]

Haha...you're right I don't believe you  ;)
The bold text is fine...it's only annoying because I have to change the color and underline and Italics...yada yada when I want to single something out. 

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I feel that the size of the La Marque players is what decided this game. The Broncos had plenty of opportunities to win this game but fell just short. In my opinion we played this game just like the first three games of the season. La Marque was big,fast and strong and when you make mistakes 3 round deep in the playoffs it will cost you deeply.  I think their size wore us down in the 3rd quarter. Man that was some beef on that offensive line and the defense had some also. I do think there were a few calls that were not made by the refs that should have been called on La Marque that could have changed the game but they werent so that is that. Broncos, we had a great year and we will be back next year with a better offense and not sure about the D yet but we will see. Hold your heads high and thanks for the great season. Always Believe.  Next Year..................

Did anyone notice on the kickoff after the fieldgoal that the LM player let it fly over his head and into the endzone. The ball stopped in the endzone and never went out of bounds and was never downed by a LM player. That ball still should have been live and Dayton could have picked it up for a TD. The ref called a touchback but I thought the ball was still live. Is that not the rule anymore?

[quote name="Backflipper" post="921268" timestamp="1290958951"]
Did anyone notice on the kickoff after the fieldgoal that the LM player let it fly over his head and into the endzone. The ball stopped in the endzone and never went out of bounds and was never downed by a LM player. That ball still should have been live and Dayton could have picked it up for a TD. The ref called a touchback but I thought the ball was still live. Is that not the rule anymore?
[/quote]

Nope, as long as it's in the endzone its a touchback.  Field of play it's a live ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder