Port Neches-Groves (8-4) vs. Manvel Mavericks (10-2) Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a lot said about respect or lack of respect for these 2 teams. It really doesn't matter if a team's FANS respect an opponent ornot. I can guarantee you that Coach Faircloth and the Indians know what a high quality team Manvel is and have a lot of respect for their talent. I am sure the Manvel staff and team did not come this far by blowing off their upcoming opponents. I expect a hard fought, close game that will come down to the very end. I am hoping that the  experience we have in all the close games we have played will benefit us and give us confidence that we can make the plays we need to at the end of the game to come out on top. I hope everyone from both schools  travel safely and that their will be no injuries. Since we are taking roll...I am a nomex wearer too.

Guest OU Recruiter
Should be a great game and you can bet I'll be there. 24-4a is where i am looking for talent. Manvel has 6 linemen over 6'4" and 300lbs. I read in an earlier post that one of Manvel's QBs has an offer. I know factually that 9 Manvel starters have offers and we are looking at 4 on the 2nd string. What we love about m=Manvel's depth is that 3rd and 4th quarters are normal played by Manvel's 3rd and 4th string players.

[quote name="OU Recruiter" post="917968" timestamp="1290605483"]
Should be a great game and you can bet I'll be there. 24-4a is where i am looking for talent. Manvel has 6 linemen over 6'4" and 300lbs. I read in an earlier post that one of Manvel's QBs has an offer. I know factually that 9 Manvel starters have offers and we are looking at 4 on the 2nd string. What we love about m=Manvel's depth is that 3rd and 4th quarters are normal played by Manvel's 3rd and 4th string players.
[/quote]
::)

[/quote]

This should officially be marked as the most retarded post EVER om this website. OU Recruiter my rear end. Personally I think you are more likely a kid on the Manvel team who never gets to play. Thanks for the humor this morning though. You actually made me spit in my coffee.

[quote name="19Cherokee90" post="917990" timestamp="1290607226"]
[quote author=OU Recruiter link=topic=76440.msg917968#msg917968 date=1290605483]
[/quote]

This should officially be marked as the most retarded post EVER om this website. OU Recruiter my rear end. Personally I think you are more likely a kid on the Manvel team who never gets to play. Thanks for the humor this morning though. You actually made me spit in my coffee.
[/quote]

I hope Scooter sees this post. Might make post of the week!

[/quote]

This is great stuff. This might be the dumbest post I have seen on this board and that is saying a whole lot. This is my nominee for scooter's poster of the week.

So...you are a OU recruiter? Well, then I am Urban Meyer and I am even looking at PNG's junior football players and may offer some talented 12 year olds and lock them in now. Give me a break! I know Manvel is talented, but there is no way Oklahoma is looking at 2nd teamers on ANY team. OU only recruits the cream of the crop of HS athletes. It would be rare for 12 players on one team to be D1 players, much less 3 or 4 backups being recruited by by OU, who anually recruit in the top 5 in the nation. Nice try, but you should pose as something else next time.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="918000" timestamp="1290608107"]
So...you are a OU recruiter? Well, then I am Urban Meyer and I am even looking at PNG's junior football players and may offer some talented 12 year olds and lock them in now. Give me a break! I know Manvel is talented, but there is no way Oklahoma is looking at 2nd teamers on ANY team. OU only recruits the cream of the crop of HS athletes. It would be rare for 12 players on one team to be D1 players, much less 3 or 4 backups being recruited by by OU, who anually recruit in the top 5 in the nation. Nice try, but you should pose as something else next time.
[/quote]

I'm like Coloumbo used to be on tv..."just one more question sir"...Why is Manvel 10/2 overall and 4/2 in district you lost to La Marque & Friendswood..with that kind of talent district should have been a down hill drag with a 10 mph tail wind....I was born at night,But not last night... ;)

[/quote]
OK my side hurts now from laughing so hard. Eye's are watering. OH MAN I can't stop laughing. Crap I just shot water out of my nose laughing again !

[quote name="pngfan66" post="918107" timestamp="1290623264"]
[quote author=OU Recruiter link=topic=76440.msg917968#msg917968 date=1290605483]
[/quote]
OK my side hurts now from laughing so hard. Eye's are watering. OH MAN I can't stop laughing. Crap I just shot water out of my nose laughing again !
[/quote]

Guys, guys, can't ya'll spot smokin baby(BH89-2) when you see him? I gotta admit though, this one is actually funny! Last week he disguised himself as a Kingwood Park player but blew his cover. Blasphemy!!!!! HAHAHAHA!  :D

[/quote]
CLASSIC :D :D :D

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="917953" timestamp="1290602421"]
There has been a lot said about respect or lack of respect for these 2 teams. It really doesn't matter if a team's FANS respect an opponent ornot. I can guarantee you that Coach Faircloth and the Indians know what a high quality team Manvel is and have a lot of respect for their talent. I am sure the Manvel staff and team did not come this far by blowing off their upcoming opponents. I expect a hard fought, close game that will come down to the very end. I am hoping that the  experience we have in all the close games we have played will benefit us and give us confidence that we can make the plays we need to at the end of the game to come out on top. I hope everyone from both schools  travel safely and that their will be no injuries. Since we are taking roll...I am a nomex wearer too.
[/quote]
Very well said. I am sure each team has the upmost respect for one another. Good luck to both teams and lets have a safe injury free game.

Scalp Em [color=purple]Indians[/color] Scalp Em ;)

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="917978" timestamp="1290606297"]
[/quote]
::)
[/quote]

And it is not true - Manvel has not had many if any games where they could play the bench - he is just yanking chains like some of the SETX regulars - believe me, no bench players played in the 3 manvel games I watched.

My mustang friend is correct. Our coaches don't usually put in the bench. We did against Washington but that was after 50 - 0 lead and in the 4th. We are expecting a hard ball game. The one thing I've heard over and over again about PNG is how amazing the fans are!!! I can't wait to see it ;D for myself. One of our coaches even said the PNG fans create an awesome atmosphere for football!!!

[quote name="Fan for Manvel" post="918252" timestamp="1290638180"]
My mustang friend is correct. Our coaches don't usually put in the bench. We did against Washington but that was after 50 - 0 lead and in the 4th. We are expecting a hard ball game. The one thing I've heard over and over again about PNG is how amazing the fans are!!! I can't wait to see it ;D for myself. One of our coaches even said the PNG fans create an awesome atmosphere for football!!!
[/quote]

It's true... Playing PNG just has different feel about it.  It will be the biggest game Manvel has ever played in, and it will be the biggest crowd Manvel has ever played infront of.  Hopefully the players won't be psyched out by the large PNG following, and treat it just like something they are use to... a tough game.  Coming from 24-4A they have been doing this week in and week out, for a while now.  Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="akifan94" post="917998" timestamp="1290607979"]
[/quote]

This is great stuff. This might be the dumbest post I have seen on this board and that is saying a whole lot. This is my nominee for scooter's poster of the week.
[/quote]he's making a good run for week 3 of the playoffs  ;)

at least we can understand what he's typing though  :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="918274" timestamp="1290640872"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76440.msg917998#msg917998 date=1290607979]
[/quote]

[/quote]he's making a good run for week 3 of the playoffs  ;)

at least we can understand what he's typing though  :D
[/quote] :D :D :D :D Who was that SNOOKS

Okay i need some help!!! I will be in Rayburn all weekend and will not be able to go to the game. I know all the games are streamed live online and broadcasted on 92.5, but i will have no internet service and i dont think 92.5 comes in at Rayburn. is there any other way i can listen to the game??!! i gotta keep up with my indians!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder